Page 14 of 135 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964114 ... LastLast

• =)

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Episode 4 A New Hope

It's indeed a mess, but the HBG certainly is at the forefront of it all, more so than usual, which makes me tend to agree that there is or was something planned. The "great" thing is, most of the parkgoing public will have no awareness of or emotional attachment to this, which means they can feel free to scale back or cut their plans as desired. The negative feedback won't be huge if that happens, but the positive feedback will be much larger if they successfully return the effect to the attraction. After all, the public won't notice the absense of a character they've never heard of, but they'll certainly notice a cool new addition.

Was the Hatbox Ghost ever physically in WDW's mansion?

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

That looks exactly like the big fig that was released.

• Legends never die...

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    I think the folks over at Disney Pin Trading are just desperately confused....further proof that WDI and Merchandising don't watch each other with a magnifying glass. If you look at this page detailing all of the pins, some of them with Frank's picture say Frank, while others say George.

The pin set in question, though, very clearly features George standing with Master Gracey, as George (per this pin) is wearing a burgundy top-hat, which the gentlemen in question is also wearing.
    I agree that someone is very confused! Not only are the names on the site mixed up, but why the mixture of ghosts and living in the pin sets? Its all just a mess of conflicting info. And why are they only featuring some of the husbands? Where are Ambrose and the Marquis?
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    That looks exactly like the big fig that was released.
    I'd have to disagree with you there. It is certainly intended to look like the Hatbox Ghost, but Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily sculpted the HBG Big Fig with a more prominent brow ridge, the familiar squinty eye, and faux fur hair.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Was the Hatbox Ghost ever physically in WDW's mansion?
    No' He was removed from DL before WDW opened.

They pushed back the opening date?
    They're shooting for the 14th. We'll see if it makes it.

• Yo!

^ What would be holding them back, though?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Inhospitable about happy

The pins have to be interpreted pretty loosely. One series has Constance plotting the demise of her various husbands in a number of different ways, like poison, TNT, a knife, etc. I guess it symbolizes in a general way her homicidal intentions, and nothing more. The same looseness must pertain to the whole lot.

There is one interesting feature to this set, though, that should not be overlooked. Many of us have argued that the whole Connie thing strikes a discordant note in the HM because the HM is a comedy, not a tragedy. There, after you're dead, all is forgiven. All grudges vanish. Executed and Executioner are now best buds. Everyone's having a great time. But the story of Connie and her husbands does not fit that scenario. I have argued that what we need is to see the five guys yukking it up somewhere and enjoying their new state of existence, turning the horror that ended their lives into a big joke. Then the story would fit in with the rest of the HM world.

Well, that's the feeling I pick up from this pin set. You can make some sense of it all if you imagine that in the afterlife, the ghosts get a kick out of re-enacting various events of their lives, not just the event that ended it. ("Hey, um, sorry about the axe thing, Frank, but wasn't that a great party at the reception? What say we do it over again, now that we're all grim grinning ghosts?")

The Hatbox Ghost in the central pin set, it seems to me, is representing himself as he was in life, not as he ended up at death. See? There's no hatbox for his decapitated head, is there?

• Banned User

Wedding day or not, they can't represent the HBG as he was in life, because we, the fans, have no idea what he looked like then -- we've only seen representations of him as a ghost. So they have to show him as we know him, whether or not that is consistent with a wedding day image. Given that we are supposed to be seeing Connie taking another husband, I say that image at the gates is the wedding of Connie and HBG.

Even if I'm wrong, after all the hints that have been dropped, I still say that anything less than returning him to the ride (at least eventually) would be a big letdown.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Just an update... still working on the mystery project folks! I am hoping to have it up by March 12 in time for the Ghost Relations Dept. 3rd Anniversary.

• whatever

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Just an update... still working on the mystery project folks! I am hoping to have it up by March 12 in time for the Ghost Relations Dept. 3rd Anniversary.
    Now there's some good news! Can't wait!

^ What would be holding them back, though?
    Lots of behind the scenes work.

• We Go On.

Remember, we here on MiceChat don't know everything. Maybe merchendise and WDI are not confused. It could just be something different. What matters is the HBG- him being in nearly EVERYTHING for the 40th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    I'd have to disagree with you there. It is certainly intended to look like the Hatbox Ghost, but Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily sculpted the HBG Big Fig with a more prominent brow ridge, the familiar squinty eye, and faux fur hair.
    Yeah you're right about the face. I think it was the coat that made me say that. I actually have this big fig, beautiful sculpt.