Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Episode 4 A New Hope

C'mon, Nautilus, get real. Or better yet, get a job working in P.R. for Disney. If you read through this thread and the end of the last one, Disney has been dropping blatantly obvious hints all over the place for months, clearly pointing toward the HBG coming back. So what are we supposed to think -- that those hints mean nothing? Then they decide to arbitrarily cut him (and we've now heard from two people with sources who have confirmed it) because of the almighty budget. So now we're not supposed to feel betrayed, let down and disappointed once again? To hell with that. I'm sick of getting let down by those penny pinchers. The suits should be ashamed of how they jerk us around. But of course they're not, cuz they're too busy counting their stock options.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Hey, if you're disappointed that the HBG doesn't show, don't get mad at Disney, you brought your hopes up yourself! Disney didn't say a thing about it, even Al hasn't said a thing; don't get your hopes up based on some merchandise.

Yes. Merch or not, the release said that she would wed again. Not doing so would be false advertising.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    If I helps, I can confirm this too. With a rewording. I'm not saying the HBG won't be coming back. But, currently there is no plan to bring it back. Tony Baxter obviously likes the HBG and I'm sure it's just a matter of funding. But presently, there is no plan to bring it back.
    Now, if Merchandise could fit the bill, I'd dare say the HBG is a shoe in (other departments have done such. Marketing did the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough, and Entertainment did Pixie Hollow). But again, currently there is no plan to return the HBG to the Mansion. I apologize, but also must keep mum on sources. So I can guarantee that it won't be there when the Mansion reopens.
    As for the merch event? There is still time for plans to change if enough suits see how big of a thing this is turning into.
    [my bolds]

Your post seems to suggest that HBG fans have been expecting him to be there in February, after HMH is taken out. I, for one, have never thought that, and I don't think HBG fans in general have uniformly expected it either, so you really aren't contradicting the actual expectations very much here.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    [my bolds]

Your post seems to suggest that HBG fans have been expecting him to be there in February, after HMH is taken out. I, for one, have never thought that, and I don't think HBG fans in general have uniformly expected it either, so you really aren't contradicting the actual expectations very much here.
    I won't be surprised if he's not there in Febuary. Do what they did with Constance and slowly reveal him.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Wow...this is not the HM thread of the past....why does everything have to be a debate lately....gosh...certain members need to grow up and realize that Disney is a company...and like all companies, things are not final until OFFICIALLY announced....don't go get all hurt...I side with Nautilus in saying that many of the fans have set themselves up for disappointment...and if it happens all the better.....but really...all this complaining is annoying....

• Banned User

Hilsbro, the evidence piled up, the hints piled up, we were led to believe that the HBG would be back, we didn't fabricate or hallucinate this. It was all but official. But now, because it wasn't actually officially announced, they can just screw us once again? No excuses. This sucks. I know they're a company, does that mean they can jerk us around like this at whim? It's lousy behavior. It shows a company that doesn't give a crap.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    [my bolds]

Correct. And I realize that. But some have thought he'd pop up in February. This is false. Also false being that Disney announced anything. From all the artwork and hints, it is a guarantee that HBG will have a large presence at the merch event.
    In my opinion- it is only a matter of time before the HBG is restored to the Mansion. Merely because Tony wishes it.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Hilsbro, the evidence piled up, the hints piled up, we were led to believe that the HBG would be back, we didn't fabricate or hallucinate this. It was all but official. But now, because it wasn't actually officially announced, they can just screw us once again? No excuses. This sucks. I know they're a company, does that mean they can jerk us around like this at whim? It's lousy behavior. It shows a company that doesn't give a crap.
    How do you know they screwed us?

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

All I am saying is that I am tired of all the debates over a topic that need not be argued. And they are not jerking us around. They can use the HBG all they want in a merch event...it is their property. They have used Hatty multiple times in the past, but has he yet to materialize...no

if he does come back...I am all for it...but really....do we all need to take up 5 pages talking about the same thing and repeating multiple things...no

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Yes. Merch or not, the release said that she would wed again. Not doing so would be false advertising.
    Exactly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    How do you know they screwed us?
    Because two people with actual sources said that he is not coming back for the 40th anniversary, despite the elephant sized hints that the company has been serving up for months and months.

I didn't think he would necessarily pop up in February either, but it makes all the sense in the world for him to come back for the 40th. Made too much sense for the suits, though.

Wally says he will have a "large presense". We don't know exactly what that means, but it clearly doesn't mean the HBG will be back in his rightful place, based on what Jestyr said. But I'd be delighted to be proven wrong about this. How about it, Disney, prove me wrong, surprise us for once.
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 01-21-2009 at 08:02 PM.

• Fastest Man Alive

Wally says he will have a "large presense". We don't know exactly what that means, but it clearly doesn't mean the HBG will be back in his rightful place, based on what Jestyr said. But I'd be delighted to be proven wrong about this. How about it, Disney, prove me wrong, surprise us for once.
    Just to clarify. I have no insider knowledge about the merch event. I am just hypothosizing from the very obvious hints that everyone else has pointed out regarding the HBG. They all stem from the 40th anniversary merch event. Thus, unless the entire campaign is a sham, it is a sure bet that the HBG will have a large presence at the merch event.
    Last edited by Wally; 01-21-2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: further clarification

• Inhospitable about happy

To give both sides their due...

To the extent that some of us have forgotten that Disney can pull the plug on a project right down to the wire unless they've publicly and explicitly committed themselves to it, it's true that we've set ourselves up for possible disappointment, and it is therefore true that a wait-and-see attitude is safest.

To the extent that the skeptics have overlooked the explicit extension of the Constance story in the published advertisement, they've minimized the implied commitment Disney has given to Haunted Mansion fans. It is not realistic to expect the public to recognize an absolute managerial independence between one department and another within the official Disney family. If one branch of Disney says something, publicly and officially, then Disney says it.

• hatbox ghost believer

Um, he's coming! My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw HBG pass out in Club 33 last night. I guess it's pretty serious... He'll be back!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    Um, he's coming! My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw HBG pass out in Club 33 last night. I guess it's pretty serious... He'll be back!
    That settles it.

Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast