Page 7 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Episode 4 A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Are those Constance pins supposed to be literal? She killed them during the reception?
    On their wedding night, by most accounts. As is common, the artwork condenses a historical narrative into one picture.

I was glad to see this piece among the 40th Anny offerings. I've always loved that door design:

Quick—how many of these doors are there in the DL HM?

And the answer is...21, by my count. More than half of these are in the Endless Hallway (12), and that's not including the "doors" multiplied in the mirror reflection.

The Corridor of Doors has seven (eight in WDW and Tokyo). I did a door-by-door tour of the CoD in the last Thread, so I won't rehash those. I did find a new pic of the bulging last door on the clock side. I like it because it's one of the only pix I've seen that gives you a clear shot of the divider between the CoD and the Clock Hall.

(pic by Arksiel Disneyland 2008 - a set on Flickr)

That accounts for 19. The two remaining doors are in the portrait hall. One is a CM service entrance that many people never notice and the other is the chicken exit.

(pic by SpaceMountainMike)

If you want to count door frames only, you can boost the number to 23 by including the two with blowing drapes near the Endless Hallway.

Curious that this design is not used in the Foyer. I would guess that these doors were deemed a bit too phantasmigorical to hit you with immediately. After all, the hidden faces are hardly hidden at all, and it's not for nothing that they are sometimes dubbed "demonized doors." The Imagineers wanted to ease you into the haunted environment a little more subtly.

• Legends never die...

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Are those Constance pins supposed to be literal? She killed them during the reception?
    I think they are just humorous interpretations of the actual pictures in the ride... or are you being sarcastic?

EDIT: Nevermind... Didn't see HBG's post.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• It's all about Theme!

I don't know, but I love those pins. The comical look is really cool. I love the one where Connie is wiping the sweat off her forehead after a couple.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• We Go On.

It bothers me that people post about growing up and forgetting HBG. It's what makes this so much fun! HBG is a big mystery, and that's what is so cool, along with the possibility of his return. Official or not, HBG is an interestic topic.

• Iron-Clad Allie

If one was to take the pins and place them in the Endless Hall, there would be endless pins. Seriously, I'd enjoy seeing that collection.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Came across this today: a particularly good picture of the pop-up ghost in front of the Phantom Five band.

(pic by [RoseMary] heaven restores you in Life Disney - a set on Flickr)

It's ironic, but the quality of the stick-head pop-ups that puts them near the bottom in many HM fans' estimation (their low-tech ricketyness) does not really affect still photos very much, while the best aspect of them comes across very well; i.e., their classic Blaine Gibson character designs. They are cartoonier than other ghosts, less subtle, so that they "read" instantly, in keeping with their briefer appearances. Result? The dumbest mechanical ghosties in the whole place take some the creepiest pictures. Go figure.

• Banned User

I like all the pop ups. They're cool, but rarely make you jump. I just wish they would bring back some of the blast ups.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Creaps on a stick. I love 'em!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    It bothers me that people post about growing up and forgetting HBG. It's what makes this so much fun! HBG is a big mystery, and that's what is so cool, along with the possibility of his return. Official or not, HBG is an interestic topic.
    Thank you, WDI. It also bothers me how many people are so ready to let Disney off the hook. The company can hide behind the technicality of official announcements versus hints and foreshadowing all they want, but a letdown is a letdown.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I like all the pop ups. They're cool, but rarely make you jump. I just wish they would bring back some of the blast ups.
    They were cooler when they actually screamed.

• Mouseketeer

Hooray! This is more like The Thread that we all know and love!

Just curious -has anyone else seen a CM dressed up as the tightrope-walker girl? How often do they do this? When I was there in October she was standing where they normally leave guests' wheelchairs as you go up the stairs in the doombuggies. It was a pleasant surprise to see, especially in the midst of the NBC overlay.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Great point about the pop-up heads, HBG....I love them myself for their blatant cheesiness and being a remnant of the old spookhouse/dark ride ethic, and because their design is good...I miss the screams as well, but good to see such a classic dark ride effect still hanging out in such a awesome, detailed ride.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    Hooray! This is more like The Thread that we all know and love!

Just curious -has anyone else seen a CM dressed up as the tightrope-walker girl? How often do they do this? When I was there in October she was standing where they normally leave guests' wheelchairs as you go up the stairs in the doombuggies. It was a pleasant surprise to see, especially in the midst of the NBC overlay.
    I saw her in October too! It was a day or two before Halloween. I had never seen her before and haven't seen her since.

Dapper Ghost over at DB.com stumbled on this gem: GGG on House of Mouse. Besides the HM, it's got a lot of clever allusions to spooky Disney cartoons, like The Skeleton Dance and Lonesome Ghosts. Best of all, it's got the Hatbox Ghost in it.

YouTube - Hitchhiking Ghosts - Grim Grinning Ghosts

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Dapper Ghost over at DB.com stumbled on this gem: GGG on House of Mouse. Besides the HM, it's got a lot of clever allusions to spooky Disney cartoons, like The Skeleton Dance and Lonesome Ghosts. Best of all, it's got the Hatbox Ghost in it.

YouTube - Hitchhiking Ghosts - Grim Grinning Ghosts
    That's great to see. I always enjoyed The House of Mouse, particularly because it contained so many references that only a Disney geek would understand.

Page 7 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast