Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grand Californian Entrance

Just a quick question. When you want to enter California Adventure through the hotel, do you have to be a hotel guest to do so? I know I can exit the park through the hotel without worry, but I'm not sure about going back in. I've seen people go in the park without the Cast Members asking for their room key, but to make doubly sure...anyone?

Re: Grand Californian Entrance

If you eat at the resturants then you are fine as well. I think you could, although why would you, just say you ate there.

• Sock Puppet

No, no hotel key, ID, or secret handshake necessary.

Guests of the Whitewater snacks can and do enter/exit thru that entry gate all of the time.

We routinely enjoy meals at the various offerings of the GCH and at the DL Hotel throughout the day while visiting DCA and always use that entrance/exit and have never been asked for a hotel key.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

I have never seen anyone ask for a hotel key upon entrance. Perhaps they enforced this rule at the start, but since then I have not seen it enforced. Maybe they would if the park ever got close to capacity but that may not ever happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Functional & Decorative

If they are picky at all, it tends to be in the mornings. But I have entered frequently via the hotel (typically after noon) and have never had a problem at all--they have never asked me for a room key ever.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Sock Puppet

The only time that I am aware of that you needed a hotel key to enter DCA was back when they had the side entry gate. But even then, if you had a hotel card for the PPH or the DLH, it worked for them too.

That gate has been closed for quite some time now and was located where the current new GCH construction is going on.

• A bear band bear

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    Just a quick question. When you want to enter California Adventure through the hotel, do you have to be a hotel guest to do so? I know I can exit the park through the hotel without worry, but I'm not sure about going back in. I've seen people go in the park without the Cast Members asking for their room key, but to make doubly sure...anyone?
    My family and I enter and exit DCA that way all the time. Enjoying Whitewater Snacks' nachos and a Rumrunner from the Pool bar is a favorite respite from the heat and crowds during the summer.

• Sock Puppet

The term, "beggers shouldn't be choosers" comes to mind when bringing up the OP's question.

They should be happy that folks even want to enter DCA...

GCH was originally promoted as a place with an "exclusive" entrance to DCA for their guests. But not for the exclusive use of the guests, just that the hotel had an entrance.

They must have fogotten that the hotel grounds are a public place and enjoyed by both hotel guests and non-staying guests.

Maybe it's possible, but I highly doubt that folks would choose to stay at the GCH just because they have their "own" entance gate to DCA...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I had to park in Simba one day and had to walk through DTD to get to the park. I was heading to DL but the monorail line was really long. So I thought I'd try a shortcut through the GCH, into DCA, and into DL. I got to the DCA entrance at about 11:30am and was told that since I am not a hotel gust I would have to wait an extrs half hour.

• A bear band bear

I was told by a CM working that 'gate' that the hotel guests have priority. So if there's a line or it's a busy morning, they will go first. I've been through that gate 10+ times and never had a problem.

It's worth to try, at least! Nothing much to lose.

nope, never had a problem walking through the front door of the grand to get to the park and have done so multiple times.

Would I have any more problem entering there with my AP? After all, most APers are locals and probably aren't staying at the GCH.

• Now, where were we?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Would I have any more problem entering there with my AP? After all, most APers are locals and probably aren't staying at the GCH.
    Yes, but not all. We're going next week to get APs and we're staying at the GCH as we always do...

• Senior Minion

I've never had a problem with an AP.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Hookie anyone???

I have been through this gate many times. You must be a hotel guest to enter here before 12 pm.

I go through this gate about 95% of the time.

Say hello to Chappy. He is a regular gate CM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast