• Disney aficionado

Free Disneyland Tickets?

Has anyone ever received free tickets to Disneyland from a cast member?
    I hear that some of my relatives distantly work for Disneyland, and have heard rumors that they could get me free tickets. Is this possible? Could I then upgrade those free tickets to a hopper?

• Vasooki-land Owner

Re: Free Disneyland Tickets?

There are able to sign you in, and they get a set amount of free tickets each year that they can send to you.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

I'm a cast member. No they do not get free tickets that they could just give you. We all get a set number of sign ins each year. Honestly I wouldn't try to track down your distant relatives to try to have them get you in for free. When I hired in I was told that I would find out about family members I didnt know I had and its very true. Unless you are fairly close to them its not a good idea because you wouldnt believe how many people come out of the woodwork to try to get in free.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Complementary tickets cannot be used to upgrade to an Annual Passport.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Has anyone ever received free tickets to Disneyland from a cast member?
    I hear that some of my relatives distantly work for Disneyland, and have heard rumors that they could get me free tickets. Is this possible? Could I then upgrade those free tickets to a hopper?
    The cast member can sign you in the park there is a set number of time CM can do this. Yes there are blackout day too
    I think you can not use CM tickets to upgrade to a AP.
    Yes is a park hooper
    There is micechater know more information
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Also if a cast member signs you in it is a park hopper you get.

• Wishing I was at Disney.

Every single CM has a certain amount they can use threw out a year. The tickets they use to sign you in with are already Park Hoppers.

• Disney aficionado

well that is nice..

the only reason why I do know about this.. is because my "relatives" actually mentioned at a family reunion type deal to one of my aunts if that anyone was going to disneyland to contact them and they would get them in free. So i mean its there invite, not my idea.

• we jumped out a window

So, Yackerz, are you going to start planning many, many months in advance for another trip?

My mother-in-law worked for Disney for 30 years and has a silver card that she can get in herself and her party whenever she goes. She also gets a couple of parkhoppers in the mail every year that she can give to whomever she wants. But, I asked her the other day if she had any and she said they didn't mail her any this year, so we don't know if that has been discontinued.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    I hear that some of my relatives distantly work for Disneyland, and have heard rumors that they could get me free tickets. Is this possible?

I think you found a nice item to put on the wedding gift list...

The complimentary tickets have not been discontinued. We get tickets during the summer and at Christmas time. The winter set will be mailed out this month. We get as many tickets as many dependents we have. We get them so we can go on days that are blacked out or we can give them out. They are just not allowed to be sold or traded for services. They are valid at almost all the Disney Parks around the world and they don't expire for a couple years from when we receive them. We have made the offer to out of town relatives that if they come to town we will sign them into Disneyland. We love taking new people to the park!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    The complimentary tickets have not been discontinued. We get tickets during the summer and at Christmas time. The winter set will be mailed out this month. We get as many tickets as many dependents we have. We get them so we can go on days that are blacked out or we can give them out. They are just not allowed to be sold or traded for services. They are valid at almost all the Disney Parks around the world and they don't expire for a couple years from when we receive them. We have made the offer to out of town relatives that if they come to town we will sign them into Disneyland. We love taking new people to the park!
    My aunt at ABC gets the same thing, and it was the same when she used to work directly under the Disney name as well. (She basically does the same thing but some of the restructuring Iger did made her officially under ABC now.) Years ago they gave her even more tickets, but now it's just the ones for dependants like you say and of course sign-ins. She's given me one of the tickets or signed me in many times. As said before, these are always hoppers.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    So, Yackerz, are you going to start planning many, many months in advance for another trip?
    .. haha I never went yet, I am still playing.. 5 months in advance for my first trip.. it is my honeymoon. Give the guy a break I'm trying to make it great by getting the best for my bride in all aspects without breaking the bank.