Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2

Phase two will almost certainly happen and I think the ideas are a little more refined than people think. This is all really one project which is going to happen in two phases, it's all part of the big vision that I think is being driven by Bob Weiss. Management is already backing phase two in concept. They came to WDI and said, how do we fix this place and through discussions, design work and negociations they came up with a plan to spend 1.2 billion in two phases. If DCA's numbers and the economy are ok then phase two should happen.

In order to complete the new theming in order to fully realize the new vision for the park, phase two will need to be completed. These are big fundamental changes that will change the layout of the lands and the theming of the park in huge ways. Once complete, Golden State will be completely gone. It will be carved up and rethemed into new lands. Part of GS (farm) goes to CL of course, CF and GRA combined into a single new land, and eventually something will be done in the wharf too. All this needs to happen in order to fully realize the new concepts for the park, which I think are quite brilliant and will make DCA a good park. To me the thought process behind what WDI is trying to do is quite clear and it's also quite clear that phase two needs to happen or the park will remain in an unhealthy state that will not provide the profits that it potentially could.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Hello

Cool Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2

To me, Phase 2 is basically filling in the gaps that were left out of Phase 1. Oh, and new rides that'll be cool.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Thank you Mr. Imagineer.
    I take that as a sarcastic statement...

Look, I am not a genius. But why on Earth would this happen?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    I take that as a sarcastic statement...

Look, I am not a genius. But why on Earth would this happen?
    it was haha

Phase 1 isn't even close to being finished yet, so how would they cancel a project that hasn't even been started yet until 2013?

Woah! Trackless dark ride, log flume, mine train, robocoaster... Slow Down!

Where could people possibly be hearing all of this. I understand the log flume partly because it is in very early concepts for Paradise Pier, but robocoaster?? I think we should just see what happens and stop spreading rumors before we get some crazy ideas floating around the web.

... Except for the loop that's being added to ToT. That should be completed by Phase 2.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    For the DCA Expansion, what is Disney going to do for Phase 2??? On the DCA Project Tracker, people are saying that Phase 2 is cancelled. But what I want to know is what are/were the plans for Phase 2??? If you want to add your ideas for what Phase 2 should have, you are more than welcome to post your ideas!!!
    I don't think anybody ever said that Phase 2 was canceled. My point was that I won't get my hopes up for a Phase 2, considering Disney's track record with second phases and finishing multi-part projects.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I don't think anybody ever said that Phase 2 was canceled. My point was that I won't get my hopes up for a Phase 2, considering Disney's track record with second phases and finishing multi-part projects.
    Well it seems to me that Bob Iger has a very different style from Eisner so we shouldn't judge Disney by its track record of the past. Iger seems to be more reserved in his manner and seems to make decisions after they are well thought out and then carry them out. I don't think he's nearly as likely to boast about projects and then not follow through in the way Eisner often did.

I think he thinks improving DCA is one of the most important things for the domestic parks and will continue to move forward with this project as long as the numbers continue to suggest that DCA and more importantly DLR as a whole could be making more income. I think he also is very focussed on strengthening the Disney brand and knows that the image of DCA needs to be fixed for the benefit of the brand. I simply think phase two is planned and will happen unless something goes really wrong like the country slipping into a full fledged depression or the opening of basically every phase one attraction going completely ignored by the public.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding!!! Sorry everybody!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12