• Minion

New idea for CoP

All this talk about HPB and Millionaire made me think... how about turning the CoP design into a gameshow. It has six stages, so buy the rights to create a Trivial Pursuit game, where each room is a "pie." You use modified Millionaire answer pads to earn a score, and at the end of each round, for everyone who got above a certain score, that room's "pie" lights up on their answer pad along with their numerical score. Not only do you compete with your whole theater, but you're able to compete with members of your group.

Further, you could even break down the room pies as Disney-specific categories. For the Tomorrowland version, you could have each room devoted to trivia about the four original lands, and then decide how to break down CC, TT, NOS and Main St. (My choice would be Main St., Tomorrowland, Fantasyland/Toontown, Frontierland/Critter Country, NOS, and Adventureland.) If the concept were moved to HPB, you could have it organized around Disney Live Action, Disney TV, Mickey and Friends/Animation Shorts, and full-length animation, with an entrance and exit room.

With a 20 minute show for each theater, and 6 theaters, you've got good capacity, and unlike Millionaire, it's a continuous loading attraction. So, you have an AA host (reducing labor costs), and there you have it, an incredibly cost-efficient way to keep CoP away from another Innoventions disaster, AND preserve the fun that was Millionaire.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• It's all nonsense

I don't think they should make any more attractions based of games/game shows.

• Know More Than You Should

I think they should just bring back the CoP.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    I don't think they should make any more attractions based of games/game shows.
    Simply put, WWTBAM-PI! was a success (it still is in WDW). What killed it (besides the Music licenting issue), was the fact that so many locals just played, and got too good at the game.

This is why my Dream PI! uses your Admission Ticket, and looks at how many times you have won before, and adds time/subtacts points to your score. Slide it at the seat, and your set.
    -Monorail Man

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    I think they should just bring back the CoP.
    CoP definitely has its place (in my mind, it's either bridging a new path from Main St. to Tomorrowland, or the centerpiece of WestCOT), but at WDW, CoP is only seasonal, and we do not need a 40-year-old seasonal attraction taking up so much real estate in Tomorrowland. And we really don't need Innoventions there either.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney