Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WDW fan heading to Disney Land

Live on the east coast and have been to Disney World many times. I am going to be heading out west for a quick trip the end of March with my 6 year old daughter and will be spending a few days at the Disney Land Hotel. We will be getting in Friday afternoon around 3, and will have Saturday morning-early afternoon (need to be out of the parks and on the road by 2:30)to do some park stuff. We will also have all day Sunday, then leave early Monday morning to come home. Because this is my first trip to Disney Land, not sure what the absolute must see/must do things are. With the limited time will I be able to get to everything that is a must? Is the end of March really busy at the parks? Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: WDW fan heading to Disney Land

I'm a tour guide, PM me and let me know what kinds of attractions/shows/etc. you enjoy about WDW and I can help plan your stay!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wow cool! I think since you have both Friday evening and saturday morning / afternoon + all day sunday, you should potentially be able to see everything that Disneyland (and california adventure) has to offer.

I would like to suggest hitting the park at the opening on the mornings you can, because you will be able to do a whole lot more in less time. It's also a good idea to grab a fast pass for an E-Ticket ride like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain, then ride something else, saving those for later.

There are rides that are busy during the day but definitely clear out in the evenings. Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion are just two examples. Jungle Cruise is also easier to get on at night but better viewing during the day.

Big Thunder and Matterhorn are two coasters that are also shorter waits during the evenings.

DCA you might be able to conquer entirely on Saturday if you time everything right. There's also a handful of attractions that your 6 year old might not be interested, so that might be easier to cover as well.

Have fun! Hope you write a trip report for your first time!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Awaiting Walt's Return...

93 Miles North of The ORIGINAL Disneyland

In a quick reply, Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland Park are almost EXACTLY alike, so whatever you like at Magic Kingdom, you'll probably find at DL. At California adventure, you can expect to find Toy Story Mania, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Soarin' over California, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Muppet Vision 3-D, Grizzly River Run, and California Screamin', just to name the E-Ticket rides. Since you are VERY familiar with WDW, then visiting DLR shouldn't be too much of a Problem. Good Luck!

• Mad for Disneyland

You have to ride the Matterhorn and Indianna Jones Adventure. Those are the best rides in the park and not at WDW. Other than that, the rest of the Magic Kingdom is almost exactly the same.

Also, be sure to ride Pinochio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alice in Wonderland, and Sleeping Beauty Castle in Fantasyland as these are NOT at Magic Kingdom. Also catch Remember... Dreams Come True Fireworks and DL's version of Fantasmic. I personally like these shows better than Wishes and Fantasmic at WDW, because both Fantasmic shows have MAJOR differences!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Ok I know I'm going to sound like a jerk, but it's Disneyland and not Disney Land. (Just so you know).

Other than that everyone has given pretty good advice.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Ok I know I'm going to sound like a jerk, but it's Disneyland and not Disney Land. (Just so you know).

Other than that everyone has given pretty good advice.
    I was thinking that too. I was wondering if anyone else would say it, or if I'd have to break down and say something.

Oh, and we don't have random storms like in Florida! yaay! Oh, and check out New Orleans square. It's pretty neat, and it's different than at Florida (you don't have one at all, you have Liberty Square, right?). Also, check out the rides we have that you have, because there are minor differences.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I also highly recommend Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, seeing as how its still the original show (albeit slightly edited), with no stupid Iago and Zazu!

I second the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough, as it has just reopened, and is a great little gem inside the park- not an E-ticket by any means, but its one more of those layers that makes a Disney park a Disney park, and not just Six Flags, where its only about the big, fast scary rides.

The Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train are also two fun little attractions, and I highly recommend Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, up in Toontown.

These are in addition to the others mentioned, of course.

• Minion

since I have alittle six who's 6 this is what I would recomend.....

Disneyland

All fantasyland dark rides (we keep our dark rides up to par and even though some r shorter there better if u ask most ppl)

Small world

Roger rabitts cartoon spin and the rest of toon town

Pirates

Jungle cruise

Winnie the pooh EIDE ( even though most micrchatters hate it the kids don't care and love the ride)

Finding nemos sub voyage

Buzz light years astro blasters

Autopia

Rest of the fantasyland attractions like dumbo Ect;

Tarzans tree house

Remember dreams come true fireworks spectacular

If your child is a LITTLE bit daring like my sister she will like...

Space mountain

Haunted mansion

Indiana jones

Splash mountain (ask a castmember if u can get the back seat so you can ride side by side and hang on to ur child rather to be in a single row with individual seats)

For DCA...

Pixar play parade

Monters inc dark ride

Muppets 3d

Soarin over California

Bugs land attractions

Toy story mania

Jumpin jelly fish and carousel

If he's adventerous

Tower of teror

CA screamin

Malibommer

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    You have to ride the Matterhorn and Indianna Jones Adventure. Those are the best rides in the park and not at WDW. Other than that, the rest of the Magic Kingdom is almost exactly the same.

Let's not start going into 'best rides' now. We don't want to blow expectations out of the water! I love both Indy and Matterhorn but if I never been on Matterhorn and someone told me that it's the best ride ever, I might just say that it's "okay" if I went on it today.

But I definitely recommend both of those attractions. Matterhorn is the first rollercoaster of its kind and turns 50 years old this year. So you need to go on it for its historic reasons too hehehe.

And my ultimate advice, would be to go on everything you possibly can with your 6 year old. Don't skip anything just because you've done it at WDW before. Just do it all. As much as you can. Enjoy it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Definitely go on Space Mountain. Even though WDW also has Space Mountain, the DL version is different (and IMO better). The DL version feels faster and smoother than the bobsled cars they use at WDW.

The Matterhorn is unique to DL. While Matterhorn's theming (and use of a monster inside) is most similar to Expedition Everest, the feel of the ride is a little jerky and reminds me of WDW's version of Space Mountain (the cars even look the same).

Indiana Jones is also unique to DL and very fun.

At DCA, California Screamin' is fun (like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster...but not indoors).

Alot of people say DL's version of Pirates of the Caribbean is better than WDW's. It's been awhile since I went to WDW so I can't comment on that one.

Have a good time!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    Oh, and we don't have random storms like in Florida! yaay! Oh, and check out New Orleans square. It's pretty neat, and it's different than at Florida (you don't have one at all, you have Liberty Square, right?). Also, check out the rides we have that you have, because there are minor differences.
    They have a "Carribean Plaza" which I didn't think was nearly as good as our NOS...which with the demise of Tomorrowland is my favorite area of the park, hands down.

I did enjoy Liberty Square and the Hall of the Presidents at the MK.

Glad to hear that you are headed our way, heamig! And welcome to MiceChat!

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disney55 View Post
    In a quick reply, Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland Park are almost EXACTLY alike, so whatever you like at Magic Kingdom, you'll probably find at DL. At California adventure, you can expect to find Toy Story Mania, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Soarin' over California, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Muppet Vision 3-D, Grizzly River Run, and California Screamin', just to name the E-Ticket rides. Since you are VERY familiar with WDW, then visiting DLR shouldn't be too much of a Problem. Good Luck!
    Except for the different lands, placement of rides.

I would say just try to do everything. Indiana Jones, POTC, Space Mountain, Fantasmic!, Mr. Toad's, Alice in Wonderland, Matterhorn (and more!) are a MUST!!!

I hope all the previous advice helps! I (and on behalf of all of MiceChat) am so excited that you get to experience the ORIGINAL Disneyland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast