Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Fiasco to Park at the Parks - What can be done?

If any of you guys have tried to hit the parks today, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Never ending crowds. And worse yet, today was the very first time that I ever tried to go to the park and had to turn around because there was no place to park.

The parking structure was full and closed off.

Both Downtown Disney lots were full.

And with the neverending line of cars behind me, I can just imagine that there were plenty of other disappointed people that didn't know what to do.

Disneyland needs to figure out something fast. With the number of annual passes sold, there are now more cars parking than ever before.

What's being done? Does anyone know? Anyone have any ideas?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• "I Break Things"

Re: Fiasco to Park at the Parks - What can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Today was another amazing crowd, hopefully spurred by the holiday weekend and NAMM. Personally I didn't stay long, because I'm not a crowd person.

Anyhow I know that the structure reopened around 1pm... because we were leaving and they were routing cars to the various levels. I also know that on crowded occasions they open Pumba and Buzz... and in the event of an overcrowd they have something worked out with Anaheim Convention Center... not sure if they used Buzz or Pumba but NAMM had the Convention Center so that was a no go... Darkbeer will likely have more detail on the "emergency parking plans".
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Yeah.....

I have a bad feeling that management has dug themselves into a pit with the marketing stuff and things like this are just the tip of the iceberg. I predict that space is going to be at a premium for quite a while, at least until the massive eight level Pumbaa parking structure comes to fruition.

• Across From DL

Thumbs down Re: Fiasco to Park at the Parks - What can be done?

The structure was closed until 1730 and then was reopened i was stuck in all the traffic on disneyland drive they need to team up with the city of anaheim to figure out traffic contigency plans, (ie traffic officers) the light at ball and disneyland dr headed toward the structure only stays green for 10 seconds compared to almost 2 minutes if you stay on ball what a nightmare!!!!

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Happened to us a couple of weeks ago. There are few things worse than a family leaving the house with excitement of going to Disneyland only to be turned away. If other options aren't made The Year of Celebrations will be remember by many as a total joke.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

It was BAD. We barely made it into the structure, and it took nearly 30 minutes to get through the security check.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by CastMember 02 View Post
    The structure was closed until 1730 and then was reopened i was stuck in all the traffic on disneyland drive they need to team up with the city of anaheim to figure out traffic contigency plans, (ie traffic officers) the light at ball and disneyland dr headed toward the structure only stays green for 10 seconds compared to almost 2 minutes if you stay on ball what a nightmare!!!!
    I know that it was open at 130 when we left because they had cars pulling in the MnF structure and they were directing them to our level (I watched cars pull into the main entrance beneath us while I was on the pedestrian walk). No clue how long it was open for.

Something else I noticed was the "pack every space" tactic. In some cases parking cars where there wasn't even a space (at the end or beginning of a row thereby making the lanes that much narrower). I really do not think Disney expected this turnout. The last time this happened (Jan 4th I think) Disney was prepared. They had traffic cops out with the Cal Trans sign telling everyone to expect delays and that it was busy. Also at that time the overpass ramp was backed up half way and Ball/Disneyland Dr was a MESS... so it was lighter then that day at least. Still too crowded for us.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Splash/Mansion/Big Boats

Quote Originally Posted by CastMember 02 View Post
    That sentence makes my mind gasp for breath! My brain is suffocating because of your lack of punctuation :P

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I know that it was open at 130 when we left because they had cars pulling in the MnF structure and they were directing them to our level (I watched cars pull into the main entrance beneath us while I was on the pedestrian walk). No clue how long it was open for.

Something else I noticed was the "pack every space" tactic. In some cases parking cars where there wasn't even a space (at the end or beginning of a row thereby making the lanes that much narrower). I really do not think Disney expected this turnout. The last time this happened (Jan 4th I think) Disney was prepared. They had traffic cops out with the Cal Trans sign telling everyone to expect delays and that it was busy. Also at that time the overpass ramp was backed up half way and Ball/Disneyland Dr was a MESS... so it was lighter then that day at least. Still too crowded for us.
    Totally noticed this too! Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    If any of you guys have tried to hit the parks today, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Never ending crowds. And worse yet, today was the very first time that I ever tried to go to the park and had to turn around because there was no place to park.

The parking structure was full and closed off.

Both Downtown Disney lots were full.

And with the neverending line of cars behind me, I can just imagine that there were plenty of other disappointed people that didn't know what to do.

Disneyland needs to figure out something fast. With the number of annual passes sold, there are now more cars parking than ever before.

My Friend, You did not read Dark Beer's Friday update I take it.
    There was a big warning regarding the 85,000+ people who were going to be attending one of the largest conferences being held at the Anaheim Convention center with the added Dr. King holiday weekend crowds.
    Try going to the park next weekend preferably on Sunday, things should be much better by then. Oh and by the way, make sure to read Dark Beers update first for any last minute important park news.

• Fancy that...

I think this could be made better with some new attractions with high capacity? coughpeoplemovercough

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I think this could be made better with some new attractions with high capacity? coughpeoplemovercough
    That won't help the parking problem.

• The line's too long...

Increase the cost of annual APs by 50%.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Increase the cost of annual APs by 50%.
    or get rid of the payment plan..

• Across From DL

tj9991 English was always my weakest subject

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast