Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Where is Lincoln??

What a shame. Once the 3-D sound was added our first stop was always a visit with Abe. "3-D sound", some of you say? What a shame. When Great Moments first appeared people couldn't believe their eye's. It was one of the top 5 attractions during the 64 Worlds Fair. Walt was wise bringing back to CA. 45 years later "we" could care less about our sixteenth President. What a shame.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

They have been saying for some time at least in rumor that they are bringing back Lincoln but the point is they missed there best opportunity for taking advantage of Lincoln popularity. I have even heard that Spielberg is supposed to be doing a Lincoln movie maybe they will miss that opportunity too if it ever happens.....my guess is they will.

I remember the days when Walt would ask of his imagineers to come up with a whole new attraction using all new technology and they would open its doors months later. They have already had at least two versions of Lincoln and working ones at WDW to build from it boggles the mind that the present company cant pull it together to get something working....

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

If i am not mistaken Abe Should be back by 2012.

• Animation Domination

I also agree that the 50 years of magic thing is over welcome.
    When will it end?

• Big Al fan

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    I also agree that the 50 years of magic thing is over welcome.
    When will it end?
    Till the 100th anniversry
    "There was.....blood on the saddle, and.....blood all around, and a great big, puddle of .....blood on the ground."

-Big Al-

Come visit my blog Disney in Review over at
    http://disneyfanreviews.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Photo Update of WDW <> Mini Mtsplash trip report
    ^WDW is getting a presidential update so Im guessing we will get Obama around fall, they may use the HoP as a testing show to see if they should bring back Lincoln.

• The one, the only...

I am all for bringing back an AA show to the Opera House. If Lincoln is to return, he needs to be updated both technologically and thematically. The original show was as much a showcase of the latest technology as it was a show about Lincoln. If Lincoln returns, and it is really a good time to do so with the current interest, he should be a completely new and updated AA with some special feature, such as walking to his chair or answering questions from the audience or random off-the-cuff humor.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   

Latest Rumor from Screamscape.com:

Screamscape sources tell us that there is a good chance that Mr. Lincoln will not be to Main Street. Currently management is looking over plans to cut down the size of the opera house to install a brand new Disney Gallery location as well as a Disneyland Showcase area. The figure itself will likely be saved but he isn’t likely to see action again anytime soon.

Actually, the plan is to have Lincoln return sometime this year and in the same venue!

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    Actually, the plan is to have Lincoln return sometime this year and in the same venue!
    I love your little tidbits dmomof4. As the news and rumors flow forth to your hubbie, you keep 'em coming!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I think Lincoln is in Nebraska.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12