Talking Surprise Trip Coming Up! Jan 26!

Hello! This is my very first post, but I have been a lurker for quite sometime! My husband and I have had a surprise trip planned for the kiddos for the last few months and just cant wait! We are leaving on Monday, Jan 26 and our sons birthday is Jan 27! He is turning 9! We will be at DL for a week! This is the first birthday that we have spent in the park, so need some extra tips to make it great! Any ideas? I see that it may rain during our stay, but that won't rain on our parade, as we are from the fabulous rainy state of Oregon! Any help is appreciated!

• Here Comes Trouble

Re: Surprise Trip Coming Up! Jan 26!

Welcome MickeyMama!

Make sure to go to City Hall and get your son a Birthday pin! Cast members are very attentive to pins and will usually wish him Happy Birthday all through the park.

On weekends, try to get there when they open. You'll have some time there when the crowds aren't heavy that can help you get on "E" ticket rides and get timely Fast Passes to ride other big rides avoiding some longer lines.

Various restaurants have birthday parties available (some with characters) if you make reservations. I can't find the Dining phone number right now , so I will post it later (if someone doesn't beat me to it). It's actually probably on the Resort website too!

It's a great time to go, crowds shouldn't be huge, so you'll have time to realloy take it all in.

Have a great trip!
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

Thank you for the warm welcome kristibaer!

We will for sure go get the birthday button! That sounds like a lot of fun to have the cm's wishing you happy birthday all day! I have PS at Goofys kitchen for breakfast, I havent been there since I was a teen, so that should be cool

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Welcome to MC and have a wonderful trip. When your son is ready for an afternoon snack with his birthday button on make sure to take him to the tortilla factory. He will get some fresh warm tortillas for free and they make a great afternoon snack.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMama View Post
    Hello! This is my very first post, but I have been a lurker for quite sometime! My husband and I have had a surprise trip planned for the kiddos for the last few months and just cant wait! We are leaving on Monday, Jan 26 and our sons birthday is Jan 27! He is turning 9! We will be at DL for a week! This is the first birthday that we have spent in the park, so need some extra tips to make it great! Any ideas? I see that it may rain during our stay, but that won't rain on our parade, as we are from the fabulous rainy state of Oregon! Any help is appreciated!
    Depending on how old your youngest is (and how partial they are to their naps) I'd suggest going into the parks in the morning, heading out mid-day for a break (if not for the kids, then for you!) and going back into the park a few hours later for fireworks or Fantasmic!
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Do not forget to sign-up on disney.com Celebrate.
    He may get in free!
    Are you stay at any Disney resort? if yes tell Castmember at the deck you are doing Brithday Celebrates.

P.S welcome to micechat.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Sock Puppet

We've found that surprise trips to the Park are some of the best ones enjoyed and remembered by the kids (and us)!

They still talk about the time that we both picked them up from school and then hit the freeway. When they asked where we were going, we told them that we were going to visit a friend that they hadn't seen in a while.

They about fell over when we took the DL exit off of the 5, but they still thought we were going somewhere else.

The cat was let out of the bag though when we pulled into the driveway of the DLH...

Have a Tiggerific trip!

• Missing Main Street

Hey DisneyMom! -

Wow, we're always torn about doing the surprise trip thing - we tell ourselves that we'd miss out on that wonderful anticipation phase of the trip, but in all honesty we haven't ever been able to keep our mouths shut for long enough to pull it off!!! So kudos to you!

Something fun that your son might like is waking up Jose in the tikki room..? If you ask the CM there, and tell them it's your son's b-day, s/he'll tell you where to sit, and he can tap the perch to start the show. Of course, Jose will call him Senorita, but... !

My daughter did it when she was 8 and got a big kick out of it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
    -Roald Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKimmie View Post
    Hey DisneyMom! -

Wow, we're always torn about doing the surprise trip thing - we tell ourselves that we'd miss out on that wonderful anticipation phase of the trip, but in all honesty we haven't ever been able to keep our mouths shut for long enough to pull it off!!! So kudos to you!

Something fun that your son might like is waking up Jose in the tikki room..? If you ask the CM there, and tell them it's your son's b-day, s/he'll tell you where to sit, and he can tap the perch to start the show. Of course, Jose will call him Senorita, but... !

My daughter did it when she was 8 and got a big kick out of it.

Oh! It has been veryyyyyyyyy hard! And people we know have started to slip up in front of the kids, but they still have no clue! We are still not sure how to tell them when we pick them up early from school... still thinking about that!

We will for sure see if we can have him wake up Jose! I think he would think thats pretty cool! You all have such wonderful ideas! I am getting so excited! This time next Monday, we will BE THERE!! YAY!!!

• DL Nerd

thats cool.. I'm making my trip after a little over a year on the 26th as well... I'm only heading there for 3 days. But it'll be a great 3 days... I know you'll have as much fun as I am!
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney