Thread: Magic Crystals

• photoshowstudio.com

Magic Crystals

With the departure of Magic Crystals from the parks, does this mean that "Off The Page" at DCA will close, or just the srystal portion is being removed. I love that store, because of all the artwork I can buy and I am a freak for the music collection they have. It seems to be the only place I have found that offers music collections of the parks. Some you can get online at other sites like amazon.com, but some I only find at Off The Page. If any of you know if there is another place to get these, please let me know, but I would still be interested to see of Off The Page is actually closing.
    Preserving Your Memories on DVD

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Magic Crystals

Quote Originally Posted by Photoshowstudio View Post
    With the departure of Magic Crystals from the parks, does this mean that "Off The Page" at DCA will close, or just the srystal portion is being removed. I love that store, because of all the artwork I can buy and I am a freak for the music collection they have. It seems to be the only place I have found that offers music collections of the parks. Some you can get online at other sites like amazon.com, but some I only find at Off The Page. If any of you know if there is another place to get these, please let me know, but I would still be interested to see of Off The Page is actually closing.
    Off the Page and World of Disney will not close. They will simply only have their Magic Crystals displays removed.

The only retail location that has closed because of this vendor departure is Wishing Star Magic Crystals in Fantasyland, and that's because the entire store was dedicated to Magic Crystal sales.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Palm trees blow and breezes sway
    mystic powers come my way
    WITH THESE CRYSTALS, I PROCLAIM
    that cooling water turn to flame!

Those crystals? Anybody? ....Bueller?

I guess I'm the only one who remembers spiels from the Tahitition Terrace dinner show.. Oh well. Come back Tahition Terrace we miss you!

• Queen Elsa

Why was the reason for the crystals stuff to be remove I have gotten a Princess Aurora one at World of Disney last year but the black box that has the lights don't work on it anymore. I'm just wondering why Disney took them out?

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by WendyBird View Post
    Palm trees blow and breezes sway
    mystic powers come my way
    WITH THESE CRYSTALS, I PROCLAIM
    that cooling water turn to flame!

Those crystals? Anybody? ....Bueller?

I guess I'm the only one who remembers spiels from the Tahitian Terrace dinner show.. Oh well. Come back Tahitian Terrace we miss you!
    I would love to remember spiels from the TT, but I am a young'un, only 20 years old. I wish they would bring it back!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Why was the reason for the crystals stuff to be remove I have gotten a Princess Aurora one at World of Disney last year but the black box that has the lights don't work on it anymore. I'm just wondering why Disney took them out?
    I don't know if your little box with the lights is separate from your crystal, but I bet you can buy a new one online. I bought one of those for $6 for a natural crystal I got at the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    The magic crystals were sold and made by an outside vendor who contracted the retail space from Disney. Apparently their contract was cancelled or not renewed and they have now ended their product sales inside the Resort. In his last "In the Parks" column, Darkbeer posted contact information for the company if you need to contact them about products or orders you may have placed:

Or, it looks like you may be able to purchase bases at their website: http://crystalmagic.com/Bases2.htm

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• The line's too long...

This seems to be a rather sudden cancellation as they just moved into the space that was formerly Gepetto's Toy Shop. Why retheme that space and go through with the whole move if it was only going to be for a few months? It makes little sense... but the more important question becomes what happens to that great Fantasyland nook? It would be nice to see Gepetto's Toy Shop brought back with high-end wooden toys by German companies such as Haba, though I doubt Disney will do it.