Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

World Shortest Trip?

My best friend says, "When some people get stressed out they slip away into alcohol or drugs. When Sleepybear gets stressed, she slips into Disneyland."

After a bad day at work, I called a friend and asked if he wanted to go with me to DLR. I live in Sacramento. We left at 8am and drove to DLR. We stayed exactly 3 hours. We only went to Downtown Disney, since I don't have the time to go into the park. We went to the Jazz Kitchen for some yummy dinner and then to World of Disney for shopping.

I told my husband that getting to "run" down to LA and shop at DD would make me happy and content until our spring trip. It only made me want to go sooner.

The highlight was the accidental walk through the Disneyland Hotel. I had never been. I was in awe. I already told my husband that we have to go and stay there.

Anyone else use Disneyland as a stress reducer? And what's the shortest amount of time you've stayed at DLR based on the amount of time you had to travel to get there? I stayed 3 hours and drove for more than 13.

Totally worth it!!!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• "I Break Things"

Re: World Shortest Trip?

Wow... knowing that you are willing to forfeit 13hrs for 3hrs makes me value the magic that much more. I've never done that. I have done day trips to various locations, and spur of the moment "let's go" road trips. But in every case I stayed at the destination a great deal longer.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Living and working only 20 minutes away, I do this all the time.

You said you had 3 hours? I hope that was during a very busy day. Because if that was done during a slow day (like when the park closes at 8) you'd be amazed at how much stuff you can do.

One night after work I made it inside the park at 4pm and the park closed at 8. In those 4 hours I manged to go on 8 attractions, and also have the time to eat dinner and watch a relaxing performance of a high school band on the Carnation Stage.

I just planned a two day trip for the first week of February... I sometimes just get so fed up with work and responsibilities and the dreary Seattle weather that I throw caution to the wind and hop a cheap flight to SNA.

No matter how short the trip, if it serves its purpose (to relax, refresh, escape, etc) it is totally worth it. I cannot wait for my 2 days at DLR!! The excitement alone will get me through the next two weeks.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    My best friend says, "When some people get stressed out they slip away into alcohol or drugs. When Sleepybear gets stressed, she slips into Disneyland."

After a bad day at work, I called a friend and asked if he wanted to go with me to DLR. I live in Sacramento. We left at 8am and drove to DLR. We stayed exactly 3 hours. We only went to Downtown Disney, since I don't have the time to go into the park. We went to the Jazz Kitchen for some yummy dinner and then to World of Disney for shopping.

I told my husband that getting to "run" down to LA and shop at DD would make me happy and content until our spring trip. It only made me want to go sooner.

The highlight was the accidental walk through the Disneyland Hotel. I had never been. I was in awe. I already told my husband that we have to go and stay there.

Anyone else use Disneyland as a stress reducer? And what's the shortest amount of time you've stayed at DLR based on the amount of time you had to travel to get there? I stayed 3 hours and drove for more than 13.

Totally worth it!!!
    Wait, you drove from Sacramento and only went to DTD?
    WHYYY?
    You could've used a 1 hr shopping pass to go into the park, and ride 1 ride, whichever is your favorite (line permitting). Or at least just walk around the park for 1 hr, and buy a Dole Whip. Why DTD? That would be just torture. After 6 hours on the I5 and the grapevine, you deserve more than DTD!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

I once spent a total of 20 minutes in the Park and never made it past Main Street. Granted, I was just killing time waiting for a friend to get off shift, but I suppose that still counts.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Sock Puppet

Awesome trip sleepybear!

A few years ago I was in Phoenix on business and a meeting was cancelled that was suppose to last the whole day. I had another meeting the next day, so I decided to catch a Southwest flight to John Wayne and spent the day at DL (I always carry my membership card). I was back before bedtime and ready for the meeting the following day.

Airline tix= $$

Shuttle= $

Experience= Priceless!

LOL

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Awesome trip sleepybear!

A few years ago I was in Phoenix on business and a meeting was cancelled that was suppose to last the whole day. I had another meeting the next day, so I decided to catch a Southwest flight to John Wayne and spent the day at DL (I always carry my membership card). I was back before bedtime and ready for the meeting the following day.

Airline tix= $$

Shuttle= $

Experience= Priceless!

LOL
    Way to be prepared! Very smart. I also always carry mine, only it makes even more sense for me since I live in the area. You never know when you'll have time to kill in Anaheim!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Minion

When I'm stressed out I head straight to Disneyland, I feel the tension lift as I walk through the tunnel. In fact my mother-in-law insists she can tell from my voice when it's been too long since a trip to the parks.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

The shortest time i've ever stayed is 4 hours, and that was a week and a half ago.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Ok I'm gonna say it.....Girl, you are CRAZY!!! That's a lot of driving (not to mention a lot of gas) for only 3 hours and no parks. But I'm glad to hear it was worthwhile.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Whew...3 hours is pretty short, especially from Sacramento.

But the shortest I stayed was 30 mins.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

There have been a few times when we have only spent a few hours, but we don't live 13 hours away. (ouch!)
    We have also had more than one visit when we actually didn't 'do' anything other than walk around, people watch, take a few photos. Maybe eat something or shop a bit. Even my son who just turned 6 is sometimes fine with not actually visiting Peter Pan.
    It's Disneyland! I'm happy and usually de-stressed just being there. Unless it's a very hot, very crowded day. Then...not so much.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    We have also had more than one visit when we actually didn't 'do' anything other than walk around, people watch, take a few photos. Maybe eat something or shop a bit.

Yeah, very true!

On more than a few occassions when I've been in the area for work, I've stopped off at the Park and just hung out at the porch on Main St with a hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll and people watched.

There are plenty of ways to enjoy Disneyland!

• Proud US Navy Wife

I think the shortest I have ever been to Disneyland was... 10 hours.. ^^; We don't go much so I suck it all in.. But yes, Disney is my stress reliever.. going to a park, watching a movie, or shopping!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast