Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   

PhotoMatt Pics - 01.20.09 - A fisheye view of the DLR and Change We Can Believe In?

Howdy.

Before I start, please be aware that clicking on the picture will allow you to see it in full 800x600 resolution. Your computer has already downloaded the full image, so switching to the full version will only take a second or so. You might want to do this on some images in which the edges look jagged.

Moving on...

I can't believe I have not been to DL in several weeks! Time moves far too quickly. I planned to try to take more photos of the holiday decorations before they disappeared and here we are already in late January. I guess my New Year's Resolution needs to be to visit DL more often. Yeah, yeah, there's a much more obvious resolution I should try to keep, but, like that's gonna happen.

So, anyways, on to the TR. I figured that a TR/Pictorial posted on Inauguration Day should have some political undertones, hence the title. It will make more sense as we progress.

About a year or two ago I came up with an idea for a picture...a self portrait to be exact. But, the only way to do it right would be to use a very wide angle lens (no joke intended, so don't go there) . I have tried a 14mm lens and it was not wide enough, so last week I purchased a 10.5mm fisheye lens. Today was the first time I used it. I have to admit, it's weird - really weird. Just moving forward or backwards a few inches or moving the angle up or down can COMPLETELY changes how the picture looks. I will demonstrate that later on.

So, here's the first picture (taken with the fisheye).

It's not what I wanted, but it does give me ideas. I think I can get a really cool picture here, but I need to go back when the light is right behind me.

More weirdness with the fisheye.

Here's an example of what I mean by tilting the camera just a little.

One thing that takes getting used to is that people will ALWAYS be in your way when you use a wide angle lens.

The box thing obviously covers some sort of sewer. It smells bad in this area - real bad.

The fisheye lens really does give a unique perspective to everything.

More in a few minutes.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: PhotoMatt Pics - 01.20.09 - A fisheye view of the DLR and Change We Can Believe I

awesome pictures!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: PhotoMatt Pics - 01.20.09 - A fisheye view of the DLR and Change We Can Believe I

Love it Matt. Can't wait for the rest.

•   

Just randomness...

It's been awhile since I visited the seagulls so I thought I would stop by.

As I was walking by Pixie Hollow, tinkering with my zoom lens, I noticed that you could see through the blades of grass. I decided to take a stalker-ish pic of Tink.

Apparently pixie dust causes one's nose to itch. I'm sure that was Peter's story after explaining a picture that appeared in a recent TR by another MC'er. So, which fairy is this? SierraMist?

I like the new displays. They add a nice splash of color.

What will Disneyland celebrate? Bad show? Cheapness? Where can I go to drop off a can of spray paint?

More to come in another minute or two.
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 01-20-2009 at 11:29 PM.

•   

OK, so this is the political reference, lame as it is. Can we believe in this change?

The CM answering questions in the Blue Sky Room confirmed that Maliboomer will stay and the "re-imagining" of Jumpin' Jellyfish has been put on hold. So, this is change we obviously CAN'T believe in.

*crickets*

I know, where's a tomato when you need one.

You really need to see this is person. It's DEEP!

I took a ridiculous amount of pictures here, so I will just bore you with those two.

OK, maybe one more.

OK, that's it for pics from today. I will try to go back tomorrow, but it depends on the weather. Also, I know there are spectacular shots to be had with the new fisheye, I just need to figure out how to use it better.

Hopefully, I will be back soon.

• Banned User

Oooooo I LOVE your pics keep em comming!!

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Apparently pixie dust causes one's nose to itch. I'm sure that was Peter's story after explaining a picture that appeared in a recent TR by another MC'er. So, which fairy is this? SierraMist?

To your question that is Rosetta. I haven't seen her in a very long time. The last time I saw her was back on Nov. 15,2008.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    As I was walking by Pixie Hollow, tinkering with my zoom lens, I noticed that you could see through the blades of grass. I decided to take a stalker-ish pic of Tink.

I'm surprised that you didn't yelled by the CMs for taking pictures through the grass. How far were you??

Overall, nice and interesting photos. Nice to see it for a new perspective.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Omg. This thread makes me dizzy, hehe. Love the pictures!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Fantastic shots has always Matt! I've always thought it would be such fun to play around with a fisheye lens!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Matt...WHERE have you been?? We've missed you around here! Thanks for these amazing shots. I've been wanting a good fisheye for awhile now, and now you've made me want one even more. Thanks for sharing these great shots with us.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Those were great!

But I think I feel a little seasick...

Awesome pictures! The teacups is my favorite!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Another great batch of pictures. You are the master, Matt.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great pictures Matt! Lovin' the new fisheye lens

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast