Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Little mermaid ride building

I personally dont really like the designed facade they have planned at all! When I herd they were doing this I imagined much more grandious things, and then I went into the Blueskycellar for the first time and when I saw it, I literally shouted "WTF?!?!?!" idk, to me it looks like they're just being lazy by using that ugly replica of the Palace of the Arts. And even worse by putting an Ariel Statue on top, talk about TACKY!! But whateves, hopefully it'll turn out good, I wont pass my judgement till I see it in real life.

• ...TWO BITS!

mind you that is still concept art. anything could change. but the basic premise of what is presented to the public, I like. it's appropiately themed to the area and time period.

an eric's castle fshow building like depicted in the earlier version of the attraction seems more fitting for fantasyland like in the magic kingdom in florida.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Storyteller

I hope this ride depends way more on AAs instead of projections and screens. If it's anything like Tony Baxter's proposal, it should be a great attraction.

I agree with an earlier post i really dont care for the outsied....its Sad that this will be the only major dark ride at DCA not counting Monsters Inc.

I hope more dark rides are to come.

• Storyteller

Quote Originally Posted by disneysnout View Post
    I agree with an earlier post i really dont care for the outsied....its Sad that this will be the only major dark ride at DCA not counting Monsters Inc.

I hope more dark rides are to come.
    Well there will of course be Radiator Springs Racers. With 300 million dollars going into it, it should be EPIC.

• Minion

I like the outside of the building, but I hope they don't put an Ariel statue on top of the Palace of Fine Arts replica. From what I have heard, this ride is getting a TON of money put into it, along with state-of-the-art Audio Animatronic technology. Ariel's hair is supposed to be so sophisticated, it is considered to be a full AA by itself!!! If this is true, then I expect a lot of very interesting and amazing technology inside this new attraction!!!

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

from the pics at blue sky cellar, they're redesigning the building facade for the "palace of fine arts" as well as the other buildings in the area - there were some sketches of the redone row houses and even mulholland madness. although that does seem like a large space for them to re-theme to the little mermaid attraction.
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by findingmickey View Post
    from the pics at blue sky cellar, they're redesigning the building facade for the "palace of fine arts" as well as the other buildings in the area - there were some sketches of the redone row houses and even mulholland madness. although that does seem like a large space for them to re-theme to the little mermaid attraction.
    Huh, the Palace rotunda building looks pretty much the same to me and I haven't seen any sketches of the other buildings but MM is more Victorian with a Goofy overlay while the Mermaid looks more Beaux Arts/Edwardian style. I don't understand what you mean by "large area" themed to Mermaid.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Warm Hugging Anna

What will the new meet and greet for Ariel's place look like I haven't seen and pictures of it?

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by jfsebastian View Post
    I hope this ride depends way more on AAs instead of projections and screens. If it's anything like Tony Baxter's proposal, it should be a great attraction.
    Agreed. I would love to see active AAs too. The Monsters Inc AAs only do one or two functions. I hope Mermaid has AAs that move their eyes, mouth, etc.

Either way, I'm very excited to see this complete in a few years!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• It's all about Theme!

Nice Facades also add to an attraction. I am so excited more for the outside, I love the detailed look.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    I heard that there's going to be an animatronic Ariel in front of the ride building?
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I like the outside of the building, but I hope they don't put an Ariel statue on top of the Palace of Fine Arts replica. From what I have heard, this ride is getting a TON of money put into it, along with state-of-the-art Audio Animatronic technology. Ariel's hair is supposed to be so sophisticated, it is considered to be a full AA by itself!!! If this is true, then I expect a lot of very interesting and amazing technology inside this new attraction!!!
    You beat me to it. But yeah that's what Al reported in one of his updates not too long ago. And I hope it really pans out. I'm not big on the princesses, but I have a soft spot for Ariel.

• Minion

I love the show building, it's elegant and sophisticated; one would have no idea it was linked to the Disney princess franchise. As far as the Ariel AA, I don't ever remember reading that she would be in the front of the ride. I'll have to check the facts.

Would she be like a TSM Boardwalk Barker type deal, where she talks to guests, or will it just be a random AA outside the attraction?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by RocknGuitar View Post
    Would she be like a TSM Boardwalk Barker type deal, where she talks to guests, or will it just be a random AA outside the attraction?
    Personally I hope this doesn't happen. Part of the fun of going on dark rides is the anticipation of meeting the characters. If they're already out in front it kind of deflates the excitement of the ride. Imagine meeting Indiana Jones before even getting into your jeep. Imagine having Pete Pan in the queue for his flight before you even take off. It's all about the journey and not always about seeing the characters right off the bat.

- Joe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast