Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    171

    Question Disneyland Tram?

    Hey I've been browsing these boards for a while now, and I haven't heard anyone mention this new monorail or tram system to take you from wherever you are to Disneyland in about 30 min if you live outside of California. I heard this from my teacher last year, she's a huge fan of anything there is to know about Disney,but I haven't heard anything about this so far. So i'm not so sure, do you guys know anything?

  2. #2

    • Fastest Man Alive
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    Sorry but, a teacher saying you get from outside of California to Disneyland via a monorail or tram in 30 minutes says volumes about our public education system.

    Quite a few area hotels have shuttles that go to Disneyland and you pick some dedicated ones up at the airport too as well. Neither tram nor monorail does anything other than move you around Disneyland Resort property.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    810

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    Holy smokes, Disneyland has invented teleporting!!!

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    171

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    Yea i know about the monorails at Disneyland.. lol my teacher must've been on something because i was wondering how the hell were they going to do that? Oh well... it would've been cool though.
    Hmm... yea mom i'm just going to Disneyland really quick but i'll be back before dinner

  5. #5

    • You didn't see anything!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    I swear there was a thread on this a couple months ago!


  6. #6

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    2,115

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    30 minutes?

    I don't even think the pipe-dream bullet train is that fast!

  7. #7

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,860
    Quote Originally Posted by susstar View Post
    Hey I've been browsing these boards for a while now, and I haven't heard anyone mention this new monorail or tram system to take you from wherever you are to Disneyland in about 30 min if you live outside of California. I heard this from my teacher last year, she's a huge fan of anything there is to know about Disney,but I haven't heard anything about this so far. So i'm not so sure, do you guys know anything?
    Anywhere you are outside of California? So if I lived 12,000 miles away, I could still get there in 30 minutes? That's 24,000 mph (not including acceleration and deceleration) - not bad!

    But what about us poor people in California? It's still going to take me 1 hour to get to DL and 10 hours for those in Eureka! Not fair, not fair at all!
    Last edited by Mojave; 01-22-2009 at 01:26 AM.

  8. #8

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,185
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    There is a bus system will take you another place.
    L A
    parks
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

  9. #9

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    The teacher might have been talking about the High Speed Train System that is proposed in California. Last November, Voters approved a large bond measure to help build the system.

    There is a planned stop in Anaheim, but it would be near the Angel Stadium and the Honda Center, a couple of miles east of Disneyland on Katella Avenue. (The new transportation center is called ARTIC).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  10. #10

    • Sugar & Spice
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pirate Island
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    48

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    I think they should use this idea for a California transit system and have Anaheim as an included stop. This would solve a lot of the traffic congestion problems and give LA (and surrounding state) a viable form of public transportation.

    Of course, this won't be available to the public for another 15 years.... pppttthhpppp
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

    I AM THE REBEL SPY.



  11. #11

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,382

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    I think they should use this idea for a California transit system and have Anaheim as an included stop. This would solve a lot of the traffic congestion problems and give LA (and surrounding state) a viable form of public transportation.
    No, it wouldn't.
    It would eliminate the congestion problem only for those coming from outside of LA. The rest of us would still be in traffic. (Well, not me. I don't live in a traffic-infested area, nor do I work in one.)

    We should have a thread devoted only to mass transit options and ideas and official proposals around the Disneyland area.....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  12. #12

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,860

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    No, it wouldn't.
    It would eliminate the congestion problem only for those coming from outside of LA. The rest of us would still be in traffic. (Well, not me. I don't live in a traffic-infested area, nor do I work in one.)

    We should have a thread devoted only to mass transit options and ideas and official proposals around the Disneyland area.....
    Like this one? Mass Transit to Disneyland Resort

  13. #13

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,382

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    What? You mean there already is one? In which I've posted 200-300 times in? No Way!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,129

    Re: Disneyland Tram?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Sorry but, a teacher saying you get from outside of California to Disneyland via a monorail or tram in 30 minutes says volumes about our public education system.

    Quite a few area hotels have shuttles that go to Disneyland and you pick some dedicated ones up at the airport too as well. Neither tram nor monorail does anything other than move you around Disneyland Resort property.
    Or maybe OP misunderstood the comment, left out some words the teacher actually said, or just wasn't listening real closely.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Disneyland Tram
    By light1dragon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
  2. Dogs on Disneyland Tram?
    By spriggig in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 04:26 PM
  3. Disneyland Tram Incident Leaves Two Guests Hospitalized
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 06:22 PM
  4. Man fell off tram at WDW
    By ieffectfor_disney in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 04:45 PM
  5. Disneyland Video - M&F Parking Tram
    By Club 33 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •