Question Disneyland Tram?

Hey I've been browsing these boards for a while now, and I haven't heard anyone mention this new monorail or tram system to take you from wherever you are to Disneyland in about 30 min if you live outside of California. I heard this from my teacher last year, she's a huge fan of anything there is to know about Disney,but I haven't heard anything about this so far. So i'm not so sure, do you guys know anything?

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Disneyland Tram?

Sorry but, a teacher saying you get from outside of California to Disneyland via a monorail or tram in 30 minutes says volumes about our public education system.

Quite a few area hotels have shuttles that go to Disneyland and you pick some dedicated ones up at the airport too as well. Neither tram nor monorail does anything other than move you around Disneyland Resort property.

Holy smokes, Disneyland has invented teleporting!!!

Yea i know about the monorails at Disneyland.. lol my teacher must've been on something because i was wondering how the hell were they going to do that? Oh well... it would've been cool though.
    Hmm... yea mom i'm just going to Disneyland really quick but i'll be back before dinner

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I swear there was a thread on this a couple months ago!

• Sock Puppet

30 minutes?

I don't even think the pipe-dream bullet train is that fast!

Quote Originally Posted by susstar View Post
    Hey I've been browsing these boards for a while now, and I haven't heard anyone mention this new monorail or tram system to take you from wherever you are to Disneyland in about 30 min if you live outside of California. I heard this from my teacher last year, she's a huge fan of anything there is to know about Disney,but I haven't heard anything about this so far. So i'm not so sure, do you guys know anything?
    Anywhere you are outside of California? So if I lived 12,000 miles away, I could still get there in 30 minutes? That's 24,000 mph (not including acceleration and deceleration) - not bad!

But what about us poor people in California? It's still going to take me 1 hour to get to DL and 10 hours for those in Eureka! Not fair, not fair at all!
    Last edited by Mojave; 01-22-2009 at 01:26 AM.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

There is a bus system will take you another place.
    L A
    parks
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The teacher might have been talking about the High Speed Train System that is proposed in California. Last November, Voters approved a large bond measure to help build the system.

There is a planned stop in Anaheim, but it would be near the Angel Stadium and the Honda Center, a couple of miles east of Disneyland on Katella Avenue. (The new transportation center is called ARTIC).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I think they should use this idea for a California transit system and have Anaheim as an included stop. This would solve a lot of the traffic congestion problems and give LA (and surrounding state) a viable form of public transportation.

Of course, this won't be available to the public for another 15 years.... pppttthhpppp
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    I think they should use this idea for a California transit system and have Anaheim as an included stop. This would solve a lot of the traffic congestion problems and give LA (and surrounding state) a viable form of public transportation.
    No, it wouldn't.
    It would eliminate the congestion problem only for those coming from outside of LA. The rest of us would still be in traffic. (Well, not me. I don't live in a traffic-infested area, nor do I work in one.)

We should have a thread devoted only to mass transit options and ideas and official proposals around the Disneyland area.....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    No, it wouldn't.
    It would eliminate the congestion problem only for those coming from outside of LA. The rest of us would still be in traffic. (Well, not me. I don't live in a traffic-infested area, nor do I work in one.)

We should have a thread devoted only to mass transit options and ideas and official proposals around the Disneyland area.....
    Like this one? Mass Transit to Disneyland Resort

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    What? You mean there already is one? In which I've posted 200-300 times in? No Way!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Sorry but, a teacher saying you get from outside of California to Disneyland via a monorail or tram in 30 minutes says volumes about our public education system.

Quite a few area hotels have shuttles that go to Disneyland and you pick some dedicated ones up at the airport too as well. Neither tram nor monorail does anything other than move you around Disneyland Resort property.
    Or maybe OP misunderstood the comment, left out some words the teacher actually said, or just wasn't listening real closely.