Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation New California Adventure Entrance Turnstyles

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really care for the replica of the Pacific Pan Auditorium turnstyles that are planned for the the revamped entrance to California Adventure. It don't like having a copy of MGM's entrance, I think it would be better to have something unique. I think something more of a mission revival or spanish style would be more fitting. The turnstyles could have flowers and vines sweeping down the sides. Idk i might make a drawing to be more clear.What do you guys think. Does anyone have any other ideas?? The following links would be along the lines of the styling.

http://www.frees-style.net/WM/images/mission_inn_01.jpg

http://www.learncalifornia.org/GoDoc...ission-inn.jpg
    http://s93883215.onlinehome.us/adamj...006-741989.jpg
    http://www.you-are-here.com/building/door.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

• always, the freaky cat

Re: New California Adventure Entrance Turnstyles

Quote Originally Posted by hawk671 View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really care for the replica of the Pacific Pan Auditorium turnstyles that are planned for the the revamped entrance to California Adventure. It don't like having a copy of MGM's entrance, I think it would be better to have something unique. I think something more of a mission revival or spanish style would be more fitting. The turnstyles could have flowers and vines sweeping down the sides. Idk i might make a drawing to be more clear.What do you guys think. Does anyone have any other ideas??
    I like your ideas. However, that's kind of the style of entrance that Knott's Berry Farm has, which may make Disney reluctant to have the same style entrance as the theme park "down the street."

Isn't what's proposed significantly better than what's there now? The design issue is to find a structure that works with multiple entry ways, yet retains it's own architectural character. Grauman's Chinese wouldn't work, as it has just one narrow entry door. Perhaps something reminiscent of the Los Angeles Colisseum.
    Last edited by Goof@Heart; 01-22-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling

i just dont like this proposed mgm entrance beacause it's a copy and the bright blue color and architecture look horrible with the spanish stye of buena vista street which is to follow

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: New California Adventure Entrance Turnstyles

Quote Originally Posted by Goof@Heart View Post
    Perhaps something reminiscent of the Los Angeles Colisseum.
    Now that would be something. Go USC!

idk. i think the coliseum is too mild
    Last edited by hawk671; 01-22-2009 at 03:26 PM.

• Minion

The 2nd link's pic looks like it would look really good and match the theme perfectly!!

• Awaiting Walt's Return...

93 Miles North of The ORIGINAL Disneyland

I think the second link looks great too. I see what you're saying. I hated those new entry turnstyles from the beginning!

• Vasooki-land Owner

I think it would look much to like Knotts Western entrance. (Not western themed. The entrance over by the bumper cars)
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• Minion

Too much like knotts and very plain. I'd rather have the colorful blue and red turnstiles of DHS than of Knotts. plus knotts is down da street and DHS is on the other coast!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    I like your ideas. However, that's kind of the style of entrance that Knott's Berry Farm has, which may make Disney reluctant to have the same style entrance as the theme park "down the street."
    I was just going to mention this reminds me of Knott's. As the op was describing it, I had a picture of Knott's main gate in my mind -- something I don't think Disney wants the guests to be reminded of when entering one of their parks.

• HauntedOne999

Basically what is happening is DCA is becoming a mash-up of DHS and Epcot whichreally isnt all that bad... but with the addition of Carsland and even Bugsland DCA is losing the CA feel... But I like the Idea of doing a CA Mission style entrance, especially since there is no mention of Missions anywhere in the park.

What DCA is missing:
    Asian architecture
    CA Missions

Also I think the Hyperion and Hollywood and Dine wshould be made into The Great Movie Ride
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

^That would be amazing and appropriate. Something really should be done with Hollywood & Dine. I'm willing to bet something will happen to it either during or after the renovation. That part of the park is just so empty and lifeless. I really hope the renovation changes that. Add some real facades instead of that tacky Monsters Inc. Carnival funhouse-style facade, add another solid attraction or even another show or restauant into Hollywood & Dine with a nice facade for good measure. They're going in the right direction with they Hyperion facade redo, now just complete it, get rid of the whole "half-set backlot" theme.

i just had a quick thought of a possible entrance style. it could be a building reminiscent of Los Angeles City Hall (which opened in 1928). similar architecture with base part of the building(the turnstyles area) and a centered tower-ish part. the turstyles are under archways that lead "into" the building although the bottom will be open-air. the building will really only be about 40 feet wide (a bit further than walking thru Disneyland's tunnels). the small interior of the building will be similar to Los Angeles's Union Station interior with the center tower-ish area having a high ceiling. the opposite side of the building would be similar with arches.

you might not completely get the same picture that I am trying to describe. if you think oh it's just going to be an LA city hall replica or union station replica, you're wrong. I kinda of think of this as DCA's anwser to Dland's Main Street Station.

EDIT:
    These aren't great representations of my ideas but
    here is the entrance to LA city hall:
    http://www.jgminc.com/Images/Civic/C...Ity%20Hall.jpg
    here is LA city hall:
    http://www.you-are-here.com/downtown..._city_hall.jpg
    here is the interior of LA union station:
    http://photos.igougo.com/images/p148...on_Station.jpg
    Last edited by FutureImagineer; 01-23-2009 at 01:48 PM.

any feedback on my idea?

I think my idea acts as both a mental and physical entrance to California Adventure.
    Yes, you actually step foot thru the building, mentally I want it to make guests feel like there stepping out of a train station (like Walt arriving to California) and feel like they're actually going on a, well, California Adventure. Just like the Disneyland tunnels bring you into a new world, I wanted my entrance idea to transport you to a new destination (albeit you were in California beforehand, but I mean more of a time period and that time's mentality).

the building, just like the Main Street Train Station, pulls you in, but once you step past that, you find greater wonders to explore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast