• Disneyland History Lover

Where do all those doors in the Castle lead to?

I've seen a lot of doors from inside the castle when going through the walk-through. There's the doors near the Corridor of Goons area as well as the door on the opposite side the exit of the walk-through. Does anyone know what's behind those doors? Where do the guys that are occasionally walking on top of the castle before and after fireworks shows getting up there through? Is there a secret passage way? I have to imagine there's more rooms in the castle with all those doors being in there. After all, the front and rear windows of the castle are usually lit up at night, so there has to be some sort of rooms in those areas.

Oh, and has anyone seen the "brick" door that's in the walk-through after you start going back down and pass the area where Maleficent is sending her demons out from her castle? It's a thin door that seemlessly blends in with the brick walls but it does have a small lock to open it. I hadn't noticed it initially but after I went back in I saw it.

• Minion

Re: Where do all those doors in the Castle lead to?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I've seen a lot of doors from inside the castle when going through the walk-through. There's the doors near the Corridor of Goons area as well as the door on the opposite side the exit of the walk-through. Does anyone know what's behind those doors? Where do the guys that are occasionally walking on top of the castle before and after fireworks shows getting up there through? Is there a secret passage way? I have to imagine there's more rooms in the castle with all those doors being in there. After all, the front and rear windows of the castle are usually lit up at night, so there has to be some sort of rooms in those areas.

Oh, and has anyone seen the "brick" door that's in the walk-through after you start going back down and pass the area where Maleficent is sending her demons out from her castle? It's a thin door that seemlessly blends in with the brick walls but it does have a small lock to open it. I hadn't noticed it initially but after I went back in I saw it.
    Some are probably access doors for the various scenes. Others are probably, as you note, the way that CM's access the roof and allow setting up the fireworks.

• always, the freaky cat

Perhaps they lead to the dungeon, where all those caught taking flash photos on darks rides are imprisoned. Except for the one that leads to the labyrinth of utilidors.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Perhaps they lead to the dungeon, where all those caught taking flash photos on darks rides are imprisoned. Except for the one that leads to the labyrinth of utilidors.
    Or Walt's cryogenically frozen head!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Or Walt's cryogenically frozen head!
    Makes me wonder if he had anything else cryogenically frozen. Hmmmmmmmmm...