Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Missing an Angel

Craigslist DL Tickets

I was looking through Craigslist and noticed alot of DL tickets on there. Some were selling for $55 including parking. Does anyone know where these people are getting these tickets this cheap? Is it some travel company that perhaps overbooked?

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: Craigslist DL Tickets

most likely it's left over days on parkhoppers.

You need to know what park, on what day, at what time as proof of ownership.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    most likely it's left over days on parkhoppers.

You need to know what park, on what day, at what time as proof of ownership.
    Parkhoppers are officially not transferrable. Whether or not that is enforced is a risk taken on by the buyer. And there are cast members in TDA or somewhere who look for such things online, note the ticcket numbers and can have them voided by the turnstiles. Maybe.

"Parking included" is interesting. I didn't know parkhoppers came with parking. Might be special off-site hotel package offer.
    Last edited by sediment; 01-23-2009 at 03:03 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It is a BIG risk and should probably be avoided.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    I was looking through Craigslist and noticed alot of DL tickets on there. Some were selling for $55 including parking. Does anyone know where these people are getting these tickets this cheap? Is it some travel company that perhaps overbooked?
    Most of them on there are either group tickets or multiple day parkhoppers that they sell single days. DO NOT PURCHASE THESE TICKETS!!

Disneyland knows about these sellers and are tracking them and the buyers for prosecution.

I had a guest call me the other day with questions about some tickets her "friend" sold her. She wanted to make sure they were good tickets. We are not allowed to verify tickets over the phone, but I told her to take a look at the bar code, and see if the numbers were all the same. Also asked her to give me the confirmation number on the ticket, and it turns out her "friend" sold her 4 copies of the same ticket, and had also sold that same ticket to a lot more people, as their was a note on the file to detain the guest and to call the Anaheim PD if anyone tried to use those tickets at a gate.

I know it seems like a good deal, but it's really against the rules, as all tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. One person and only one person can use all days of any ticket. There are ways to get around that, but unless it's family, I wouldn't be using someone else's ticket or purchase someone else's left over days...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Good advice Patti.

Look for deals through Costco or sponsers of this site. Saving $20 isn't worth bogus tickets or even worse, prosecution.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Good advice Patti.

Look for deals through Costco or sponsers of this site. Saving $20 isn't worth bogus tickets or even worse, prosecution.
    Aashee, the worst part of it all, is when a guest and their family comes to the gate, having purchased the tickets from ebay or craigslist and the turnstile "BONGS" because the tickets are either expired or reprints, etc, and I have to tell the parents that they are not getting in the park because the tickets are not valid.

I've had parents tell the kids that they weren't able to go to Disneyland that day because "that mean lady won't let us in." And the kids start crying and have tantrums and stuff. Those are they days when I want to say "chuck this crap" and tell the kid that mommy or daddy was a cheap *** and got ripped off, so they need to blame mommy or daddy..

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    Aashee, the worst part of it all, is when a guest and their family comes to the gate, having purchased the tickets from ebay or craigslist and the turnstile "BONGS" because the tickets are either expired or reprints, etc, and I have to tell the parents that they are not getting in the park because the tickets are not valid.

I've had parents tell the kids that they weren't able to go to Disneyland that day because "that mean lady won't let us in." And the kids start crying and have tantrums and stuff. Those are they days when I want to say "chuck this crap" and tell the kid that mommy or daddy was a cheap *** and got ripped off, so they need to blame mommy or daddy..
    That's terrible Patti. I see it all the time people getting turned away at the entrance for one reason or another. Who knows the reason but it has to be so sad for the kids and miserable for the CMs.

• Nela25

I'm an annual passholder but I went with a friend of mines family who bought these "cheap" tickets off ebay. We picked up the multi-day tickets (only one day was actually used) at the front desk of the Disneyland Hotel. It worked for them but I would not recommend this at anyone. You could get ripped off so easy.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Auto club travel agents can get the tickets around 51 dollars. I would never buy tickets off of craigslist.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post

I've had parents tell the kids that they weren't able to go to Disneyland that day because "that mean lady won't let us in."
    This may sound overly dramatic to some, but I have also seen this first hand on more than one occasion.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    "Parking included" is interesting. I didn't know parkhoppers came with parking. Might be special off-site hotel package offer.
    I know we can purchase tickets through AAA in Washington State that include free parking.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

These are also, quite often, cast members selling the use of their main gate pass. Please, never ever, support a cast member in this form of theft! I personally am disgusted to think of fellow cast members doing this, but it does happen. Go LEGIT or dont go at all!

• Missing an Angel

Thanks for the replys. I was confused as to how someone could sell a ticket at those prices.

And shame on CM's that would do such a thing. Heck, I'm very picky on who I sign in. It only takes one "bad" guest to get you fired when it comes to sign-in's from what I've heard.

People getting turned away at the gate has to suck. Especially when a guest thinks they have a legitimate ticket, only to be had on the sale.

What a shame.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Tickets sold on Craigslist or even Ebay are usually unlawful and more often than not, scams. All it takes is one or two gullible people out there for those scammers to make a profit.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast