Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Favorite Themed Area in DCA!

As a disclaimer...yes, there are several things I dislike in DCA, as I am sure there are for others. This thread however is about your favorite themed area or spot in the park, and more than one per person is certainly welcome. If you don't have any, yourself, that's fine...but this thread is for people that do like certain things in it! Nothing wrong with liking stuff, is there?

For me....the one spot that really rivals anything I could find in Disneyland is the Tower of Terror lobby. Oh, to be in there alone, with the dusty and abandoned furniture, and the eerie 20's music tracks....very well themed. The basement/boiler room is nice too, and great sound and lighting design...very convincing. Apart from these, I always like just pausing and watching the rapids ride from the wooded path that sits next to the geyser beds area, or behind, where the waterfall meets the path, or back near the smoking area with the mine theming. All good stuff.

So, what areas do you enjoy?

• =)

Re: Favorite Themed Area in DCA!

Tower of Terror indeed feels very much like a Disneyland-quality attraction. I'm quite impressed with the theming in there. I also rather like the way Grizzly Peak looks, even though the attraction is lackluster, IMO.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Walking into the Grizz peak area feels very genuine.

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^

I concur!

• Minion

Blog Entries

I also like the Warf, getting bowl of clam chowder and sitting there is nice on chilly days.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Tower of Terror indeed feels very much like a Disneyland-quality attraction. I'm quite impressed with the theming in there. I also rather like the way Grizzly Peak looks, even though the attraction is lackluster, IMO.
    Bold mine....and yes, I'd agree.....but the mountain and rivers and scenic areas around it are lovely. They could have done more with while you're on the ride..but it's pretty enough.

• Banned User

My favorite themed areas in DCA are Buena Vista Street and Car Land

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

They Geyser area of Grizzly Peak. Also, I LOVE the original look of the exterior of the animation building, also it's lobby, Beast's Library, and Ursula's Grotto! And even though the rides are pathetically slow, with limited capacity, and limited size and length, Flik' fun fair does carry the theme exceptionally, even the tissue box restrooms complete with cricket sounds. And you know what, I even like the authentic look of the wharf area. And I'm even one the the VERY few who admire the theme in Condor Flats. And you know what, ever since DCA opened 8 LONG years ago, my opinions of these area have not changed. As with fff and ToT, my opinion of them since their opening has not changed either.

Of course this wouldn't be a complete without the dislikes: comparred to WDW's version, DCA's exterior ToT is rather pathetic. And really I have grown to respect Walt's decision to "take care of the exterior of the Haunted Mansion, while letting the ghosts take care of the interior." If they were going to change ToT for the DL resort, this really would have been my choice for distinguishing the difference between WDW and DL, and other than the boiler room area, I much prefer the WDW version. Of course the most incideous theme in DCA would be ALL of Paradise Pier and Route 66, followed closely by the main entry area and the concrete sun hub.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Bold mine....and yes, I'd agree.....but the mountain and rivers and scenic areas around it are lovely. They could have done more with while you're on the ride..but it's pretty enough.
    Exactly my feeling on the matter. It's got a very nice look to it, but the ride experience itself lacks a certain something. Wildlife would help, I think.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I love the back road going under the lift hill for Grizzly River Run and towards the waterfalls. It's so well themed and just like being in a real forest area. When Grizzly is down it is so quiet and you hear the sounds of the birds and all. Great area!

• E T1CK3T

I've always enjoyed Condor Flats. I'm an aviation fan, and it actually does a pretty good job of capturing a small airfield. And the music is FANTASTIC! I have all of it on my iPod, and it's perfect music for the area. I love being able to walk down the airstrip, whistling to whatever glory song is playing overhead, and go Soarin' Over California and hear yet another great theme and have a great experience.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

Of course this wouldn't be a complete without the dislikes: comparred to WDW's version, DCA's exterior ToT is rather pathetic. And really I have grown to respect Walt's decision to "take care of the exterior of the Haunted Mansion, while letting the ghosts take care of the interior."
    I totally agree with you...in terms of the outside queue and design, and ride itself, WDW's Tower totally wins. I am happy with what we have...but there is no contest between the versions in the states.

• Disneyland Fanatic

My favorite part has always been Hollywood Pictures Backlot, I don't know why.
    I especially love the Animation Studio place...It is so fun!
    :]
    Walt Disney - "All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them..."

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I'm a big ToT of fan..the inside is just so rad. After the video, everything in the basement is meant to be photographed.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Banned User

Well this going to sound REALLY odd, but I love just chilling in the smoking area next to the amphitheater, its weird but there's a weird erie calm feeling about the place and it has, nvm i mean had a nice view of Paradise Pier. Other than that, I LOVE just chilling by the Pacific Warf Area also!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast