Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade Show Stop Music for our New parade?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro View Post
    the Costumes are one reason why I still think BPB is too out of place at MGM...it doesn't scream FLORDIA at me....it screams CALIFORNIA
    But isn't the point of MGM is to portray hollywood, which is in California, lol well I really hope we dont get those tacky costumes, I would die! (sorry, but fashion is my passion!)

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

yea that is the point of DHS....but that is not my point...There is a feeling you get when you at the park that isn't California....it is Florida in Disguise...haha...BPB is California dressed like Florida dressed like California there...and it is Hollywood studios now ....and yes I realize I called it MGM first...haha

• Geoff London

Is it me or am I watching a revamped High School Musical review? Not very original at all and boy do we need some new floats!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• HauntedOne999

nice song but... the show stop sucked! its like Thoroughly Modern Millie meets Liberace... definatly not a repeatable parade, POD was way better
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

all right, I'm already sick of the "Celebrate You" song. It makes me pine for "Welcome"!!

Also, I love that they call this a new parade when really it's the old MK parade w/ new dialogue about celebrating. Not gonna lie though, I love Alice & Peter characters sharing a float (but I'm a dork). I also like the mash-ups of songs they have

First I hope ours has better audio than that (I love the live mics they had in POD)
    Second I hope there's better character interaction and it's not just the HSM style extras dancing. That was one of the best things about POD because the characters came down and interacted and dance and all that. I mean I'd even be fine with the other dancers if the costumes were more elaborate in some way. They just seem so plain and ice capade-esque in comparison to the dancing cats, flowers, plates, and eels of POD

Basically I'm just complaining it's not POD and I don't apologize for that

Hahahaha! That was the "new" PoD show stop music before they cancelled the parade.

Talking Re: Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade Show Stop Music for our New parade?

I love the new showstop music! It totally reminds me of welcome from parade of dreams, but with a feamale as the lead vocal, it has a pop contemporary sound to it, I don't know if they will be using it in Disneylands street party since, the parade will be totally different sort of like block party bash/party gras parade with 2 show stop modes at small world and main street featuring ballons and acrobats and confetti. I've been listening to the showstop music all morning and it's awesome.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I just saw it and I hope ours is better if it's not then I will not watch it. I knowest they didn't have Aurora in it. I can already tell ours may not have Malefcent in it. Cause if Disneyland didn't want her out during Halloween time last year what will they do it this time. She still can scare kids. So I do hope ours is better when we get it in March.
    The Evil Witch is WAY more terrifying than Meleficent.

• Yo!

If people are using WDW's parade as a comparison for our new Celebrate show, you're making the wrong comparison. WDW revamped its daytime parade AND it's getting the new Celebrate street party.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Since the "Celebrate A Dream Come True" parade show stop music sounds very similar to the "Parade of Dreams" show stop music, I made a video of a Parade of Dreams celebrate show stop. I am posting a link since the video only looks good in high quality.
    YouTube - Parade of Dreams: Celebrate Show Stop

Thats awesome :-), and the way it should have been. Much more impressive than in Celebrate A Dream Come True.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro View Post
    I will cry if they use that version of "Celebrate You" it is like they took the PoD "Welcome" show stop and just changed the song but since it has the same style and end the same way...it will make me miss PoD even more....but hey the Celebrate! in the Street thingy will be FUN!
    Well, I won't cry, but that version of "Celebrate You" is EXTREMELY LAME! and not very Party-like in the least. I much preferred the way Corbin Bleu did the song. They need some ENERGY pumped into that song. For some dumb reason, Disney really uses way too many boring versions of songs for various celebrations.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    saw the vid, I like the music, its nice and reminds me of POD, but omg the parade itself is pretty bad, anyone notice how every single dancer had the same costume?? And a really tacky one at that! Thank god DLR has their own costume designer, I forget her name, but she makes each and every single costume for the parades at her haus, and she's amazing, just look at the performers from the parades in PP and POD and BPB and various others! Can't wait till march!
    Yeah, that parade in WDW doesn't look like they placed much effort in changing the previous floats at all, and ALL the dancer with the same outfits - blechhhhh! and BORING!!!, And the choreography is just plain pittiful. Hopefully DL has something coming with more energy and variety than that boring thing. And I didn't care for the various lines "spoken" by the characters at all. Then, little bits of songs from one movie, then another movie, etc. YECKOWWWWW!!! A 10 year old could edit something better than that! It's just weak all around.

And with just a few comments so far, looks like DL will really need to pull a rabbit out of their hat, to make the mini streetacular look like anything worthwhile. ESPECIALLY with NO parade offering besides this mini party.

Oh, thanks, imagineer that for proving that someone could easily produce a better edit than what WDW did. And the sad thing is, that it shows how lame that version of Celebrate REALLY is. Just absolutely falls flat!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 01-26-2009 at 09:23 PM.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    I don't know if they will be using it in Disneylands street party since, the parade will be totally different sort of like block party bash/party gras parade with 2 show stop modes at small world and main street featuring ballons and acrobats and confetti.
    As far as I knew, it doesn't make it to Small World. The "experience" as CMs are told to call it goes up to the castle, does its little dance and then heads back down main street.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    As far as I knew, it doesn't make it to Small World. The "experience" as CMs are told to call it goes up to the castle, does its little dance and then heads back down main street.
    Actually they changed this because POD has retired, so they're putting a little more effort and money into it. Before it was gonna be like that, but now its THE parade for Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    That was the original plan when POD was going to be happening also, but it will now be the "parade." So now it will be using the whole route.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast