Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Nill

The eye projection in Indy is back!

Yep! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, let me explain.

If you go into the Hall of Promise for seeing the future, there used to be a projection of the symbolic eye seen throughout the queue. It was in the 'starfield' of the Hall of Promise. It hadn't been working for at least a year, and I think longer than that. Well, I went on Friday, and it was working!

It's cool to see an effect back that was probably thought to be gone forever. Of course, other major effects were down on Friday, because when you fix one thing, another thing breaks, right? hehe......

• Legends never die...

Re: The eye projection in Indy is back!

I noticed that too! I had never seen it before! Only problem is right before that, the lighting in the door room was broken. Not to mention the lighting in the rolling ball room. At least the fire in the main chamber works again. Without it, everything seems so dull.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• Nill

Well, the lighting is out in the Chamber of Destiny because the entire effect was not operational for some reason. If the room isn't operational, then the lighting won't work with it either, probably because it would be bad show if it was on, and you'd clearly be able to see you weren't going through the correct door if the vehicle played the audio for one of the side doors.

The rolling ball chamber is also in the same situation, as the room is not working aka it isn;t moving forward, so you don't feel like you're backing up. The lighting that shines on the boulder under normal operating conditions is attached to the moving room, so when the room doesn't move forward, the lights don't hit it until the last second. It's amazing how different it is when just the room doesn't work, because the entire effect relies on it, even to make the boulder seem like its moving faster than it is.

• Legends never die...

Good point! I'd not thought about the fact that the WHOLE effect wasn't working. Especially the ball. I haven't payed close attention the last two times, I hadn't noticed that the room wasn't moving at all. As stated in other threads, Indy needs one BIG fix. Is it perhaps the fact that the ride is so popular that they are not willing to close it down long term?
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• HauntedOne999

WOW! as someone who use to work Indy I never knew there was an eye Projection on Mara... so that effect must have not worked in YEARS! I personally would have liked to have seen the "falling roof" ice effect in the "Overlook"... but the ice machines were taken out when they put in the load gates
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    Indy needs one BIG fix. Is it perhaps the fact that the ride is so popular that they are not willing to close it down long term?
    That's exactly it. It's such a (justifiably) wildly popular attraction that closing it down is undesirable unless it really needs it. And while Indy definitely needs it, they haven't gotten to the point when they can't get away with it anymore. =/

• HauntedOne999

Things that need to be upgraded:
    Bug Room, Rat Room, Gates of Doom, Inner Skull, the snakes around "Fluffy" (the Big snake)...

I mean rubber snakes haphazardly screwed into the wall... COME ON!!!!...

and the pitch black areas could use some lite detail work

If anyone has ever been on the ride when it has broken down and the lights come on know they are just blank black walls

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I noticed the eye when I went on Thursday. I didn't relized it was a projection though, because it was shaking as if it was suspended from the ceiling by a wire or spring or something.

• Disney Secrets Master

Any pictures?
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Earning My Stripes

Great to hear about the eye working again. Once you've seen this ride in all its glory it becomes a huge disappointment when you go again and things are not working.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I know the effect you're talking about, but count me among those that didn't know it was a projection. Also, i wouldn't say it's been down for a year. I'm pretty sure it's been working off and on. I vaguely remembrer seeing it last year (then again, all my disney trips start to blend after a while).

Like everyone else has said, there's always at least one effect wrong whenever I ride it. The smoke was off in the actual temple so you could clearly see all the lights. The head lights never match. The AA of Indy at the end never matches mouth movement w/ dialogue. Half the time I go though one of the doors is stuck open when you enter the first room... (yet the audio will say something about a different door than the one you entered). It gets annoying after a while and some of these things I think would be obvious even to the less frequent visitor.

What do you guys think it would actually take for them to realize Indy needs a refurb? I mean weren't they crashing cars into walls last summer and it still didn't shut down.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

pictures? (ditto)

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    What do you guys think it would actually take for them to realize Indy needs a refurb? I mean weren't they crashing cars into walls last summer and it still didn't shut down.
    the only way a car could hit a way is if there was a major hydrolic fluid leak and the back wheels slipped on a turn and fishtailed into a wall, but even then if that happened the drive system would have bent and the ride would be down for a few days...

when i worked the ride and there was a spill on the bridge and the car fishtailed by 1' the ride was shut down for 8 hours

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

If they are going to close the ride to do any upgrading, that would be the perfect time to fix the "Falling Rocks" gag.

And I can see exactly how it needs to be done and could easily do it all by myself -Google up "bucket conveyor", they have some fancy ones that can twist and turn through any available space in the walls. So the Imagineers with their many decades of collective experience should have no problem at all...

(Not that I'm trying to shame them into it or anything... )

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    If they are going to close the ride to do any upgrading, that would be the perfect time to fix the "Falling Rocks" gag.

And I can see exactly how it needs to be done and could easily do it all by myself -Google up "bucket conveyor", they have some fancy ones that can twist and turn through any available space in the walls. So the Imagineers with their many decades of collective experience should have no problem at all...

(Not that I'm trying to shame them into it or anything... )

--<< Bruce >>--
    Is this the same as the falling ice effect? What is the falling ice effect anyway and was it real ice because they had ice machines? So confused...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast