• Princess Aurora Fan

Goofy's Kitchen Questions

My sister and I are looking into a trip to Disneyland in September and we are looking at the Grand Californian, We're excited about that. I haven't gotten her convinced on a princess lunch with Ariel yet but she was interested in Goofy's kitchen(Of course I haven't told her it is a character meal). Question one has anyone been there? Question 2, what is the food like? What's on the menu? Is it expensive? Question 3 Are there any set characters or characters that are frequently there? I know Aurora has visited occassionly as well as Philip. I would appreciate the help!
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• The Dudester

Re: Goofy's Kitchen Questions

I've been once, this past November for my girlfriend's birthday. First off, let me say it was a blast! It was even more fun than I thought, and I didn't exactly go in with low expectations. I went for brunch. It was just the two of us on a slow day throughout the resort. Lots of really fun character interaction, even for two grown adults! It was a bit pricey, but if you can splurge it is well worth the experience. I don't remember the exact amount (maybe repression! ) but I know it was more than $20, but less than $30 per person. The food was also very good. For brunch there was a very good selection of breakfast and lunch-type items. May I suggest the peanut butter and jelly pizza! Sounds weird, but it was delicious.

Hope that helps!

P.S. I believe they offer a 10% AAA discount, if you are a member.

Here's what you get:
    Breakfast: Goofy, Pluto (out in the lobby), Chip, Dale, Baloo, two princesses/peter pan/wendy/alice/prince phillip/aladdin/fairy godmother (although I do believe only one will be visiting for a while).
    Dinner: Goofy, Pluto (in the lobby), Chip, Dale, Baloo, and a special guest from the list above (I believe still two, but could be one)
    Trashin' the Camp pots and pans / Macarena character moments

The food is good, but if you're looking for food that's a bit better quality, you may want to try the Storyteller's Cafe breakfast at the Grand or the Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast at PCH Grille / Paradise Pier.

• is enjoying a ukulele.

The food was good, my family and I went there for a breakfast/brunch buffet last time we were there for my birthday. It's some of your standard buffet fare, things like that. The quality was good, and the waiters/waitresses were very friendly and helpful.

The character interaction was very nice, they don't just visit your table once then move on. They come back every so often throughout the meal.

• Sock Puppet

We enjoy Goofy's Kitchen about six times per year.

Not the best food quality, but the overall experience is worth it.

Plenty of character interaction with characters that vary fairly regularly.

If the kids (or you) are into the characters, they react accordingly. Goofy has sat down at our table numerous times and drawn things on the paper table covering. He's even tried playing musical chairs before.

You can get either an AP discount, or an AAA discount.

The problem with Ariel's Grotto is that the Princesses prance around the dining room once and then they disappear. If they are behind, they blow right through your table and on to the next and so on. Not very character friendly...

Have fun!

• Queen Elsa

PA I've been to Goofy's Kitchen 3 times before and planing of doing it again this sat. Like people have said the food is good. Two times I ate there for dinner. They have samon, chicken, mash potatoe, there is alot of different foods they have. I also been to there lunch as I call it and they have breakfest [ms] food there.
    The character I got have been about 7 of them. The first time I got.
    Goofy,Pluto,Max,Alice,Minnie,Geppetto and Jasmine. Second time I got.
    Goofy,Pluto,Chip & Mulan. Dale was there but he never came to my table. Third time I got. Goofy,Pluto,Chip,Dale,Alice,Jasmine and Minnie. I have hear that Belle dose come her but in her blue dress that's been one reason I have gone there to meet Belle with her blue dress. Other then Goofy I hope I get to see some other character there.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

For me it's all about the experience, the design, the characters and the setting. Ariel's Grotto character dining is just far and beyond the best to choose from if you have to choose only one.

Watching the kids interact with the princesses is amazing and the food wasn't like the Blue Bayou but still something good and worth the price. When I went to Goofy's Kitchen I didn't have a great time and kinda regretted going when I could have done Ariel's Grotto again, which I still regret not doing since it will soon get a huge makeover.

So my choice is Ariel's Grotto, forget Goofy's Kitchen, it'll be there on your next trip, Ariel's Grotto won't. Well it will but totally revamped and changed.

We did see Prince Philip at Goofy's Kitchen when I went, he was more into the women than us group of guys so he didn't give us too much attention. BOO! Baloo was also there, the Madhatter was fun but I ended up meeting him at that piano thing on Main Street for free, we also saw Pluto, Goofy and Chip and/or Dale.

I remember going into the park and seeing a whole new giant set of characters at the Crystal Palace inside the Magic Kingdom. After seeing all the new characters and CAPTAIN HOOK at Crystal Palace I even more so regretted eating and wasting time at Goofy's Kitchen. I'm just not a fan of Goofy's kitchen and will NEVER go back. NEVER.

And the most important thing about Ariel's grotto... THE DRESSES! Oh my god the Dresses they wear. THE DRESSES! One rare thing you could try is to get 2 princesses together if they are close by at different tables, something they may or may not do for you, depending on their schedules and table hopping time schedules but if you can 2 princesses together for a shot well then that's just a huge memory for you and your gal pal.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 01-26-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    And the most important thing about Ariel's grotto... THE DRESSES! Oh my god the Dresses they wear. THE DRESSES! One rare thing you could try is to get 2 princesses together if they are close by at different tables, something they may or may not do for you, depending on their schedules and table hopping time schedules but if you can 2 princesses together for a shot well then that's just a huge memory for you and your gal pal.

Oh you mean just like this...

and like this...

I know PA has been to Ariel's before. I have to as you can tell. The only reason I don't go there anymore is the Snow White that you see in this picture no longer is there infact she don't work at Disneyland at all anymore she and me became good friends and I been back to Ariel's send she left and it's not the same with me anymore. I know Aurora is my love but I had a good friendship with that Snow White and I do miss her so that's why I don't go there anymore.

• Princess Aurora Fan

Thanks for the help guys. I have been to Ariel's Grotto and I loved it, I just think it will be hard convincing my sis to go this time. Maybe if we are lucky we will get to do both.
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~