Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: What would Disneyland be like if Walt died at 100?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    You guys are forgetting something! E.P.C.O.T would exsist, but Epcot Center would too(with a diffrent name)! Hello!??!?! There have and always will be Imagineers! Walt didn't think up EVERYTHING! Imagineers would think abut it and tell Walt! So im pretty sure WDW would exsist. But as far as DL goes, it would be bigger, better and VERY diffrent, he loved change!
    Actually your sort of wrong. Walt was the one who looked over all the Disney park projects and if he did not like what he saw, the imagineers would have to make things better for Walts standards. Walt had the vision for most of Disneys theme park ideas but the imagineers put them on paper with their own creative touch. He is the reason why HM in Disneyland looks the way it does (He did not want the building to look shabby like the imagineers pitched to him), He is the one who thought up Matterhorn mountain, He based Mainstreet after his own childhood home town in Marceline, etc. He might not have drawn the buildings and all, but he overlooked all of the projects and told the imagineers what he wanted things to look like. In fact, he is the one who designed the first map of what he thought Disneyland should look like.

• no flash photography...

I seem to remeber reading he enjoyed working on a project and then he moved on. He already had his sights set on WDW. I think I better question would be what would WDW be like if he lived longer. I feel he was moving on from DL...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I seem to remeber reading he enjoyed working on a project and then he moved on. He already had his sights set on WDW. I think I better question would be what would WDW be like if he lived longer. I feel he was moving on from DL...
    Well he was not moving on from Disneyland if you mean by forgetting it and focusing in on new attractions for WDW. Because if he were still alive and had 11 plus parks operating now like Disney does, Walt would obviously keep questioning what park needs to get updated, what ride in what park needs to be updated, what park needs new rides the most, what can we improve in all of the parks. So it is like every time he would have a new park...that would mean he would have one more park to take care of. The parks were his babies and everytime someone has a baby, they do not forget the baby they had before that one and thus now they would have to figure out ways to care for two babies rather than one. I hope you understand what im getting at here.

• DisneylandDan

couldnt agree more with you Disney Wrassler

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Well he was not moving on from Disneyland if you mean by forgetting it and focusing in on new attractions for WDW. Because if he were still alive and had 11 plus parks operating now like Disney does, Walt would obviously keep questioning what park needs to get updated, what ride in what park needs to be updated, what park needs new rides the most, what can we improve in all of the parks. So it is like every time he would have a new park...that would mean he would have one more park to take care of. The parks were his babies and everytime someone has a baby, they do not forget the baby they had before that one and thus now they would have to figure out ways to care for two babies rather than one. I hope you understand what im getting at here.
    awe....but I suppose we will never know....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    awe....but I suppose we will never know....
    Thats true.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Knowing how Walt moved from project to project, I can't help but wonder if he would have moved more into community building, and away from theme parks.
    He didn't like sequels. Remember, the only reason for a Magic Kingdom in Florida was to pay the bills and get the people there so he could push Epcot forward. He had some wonderful ideas about transportation and what the future could be. He also had the resources to back it up. He was very progressive.
    There is a good possibility that if he had survived another 34 years that the world we live in today could be a substantially better place to live in.
    It's a shame he passed before he could fulfill his dreams.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Former Epcot CM

Remember - Walt would live to one hundred years old. He wouldn't be managing his company like he did when he was 65 at 100, would he? I expect Michael Eisner would be in the company, but in a different situation as he wouldn't of entered the company the way he entered in reality - he did have an eye for creativity. Then Paris happened, but lets forget that. I expect he would have worked until 75, maybe 80, then kept a massive share in the company and given control to Roy E. and whoever else he sees fit.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California