Exclamation Possible Themes for California Adventure Carousel

Since Tritons carousel is getting a new exterior, do you think it should be rethemed to something else or do you think it should remain the same. I like its current theme but I think it may be too much mermaid in the pier with Ariel right across the bay in her new ride. I though it could be rethemed to the jolly holiday scene from mary poppins complete with the pastel colored horses and music from the film in a pier organ style. Let me know your thoughts

• Minion

Re: Possible Themes for California Adventure Carousel

That is a really good idea to put it as the Jolly Holiday scene!!! It would fit the theme of the pier and it would be one of those "little things" that make Disney really special!!! Good idea Hawk671!!!

• HauntedOne999

Mary Poppins is set during 1910 so it would fit perfectly. Also the area around the Carousel could have Bert's chalk drawings... this would also make it a prime way to incorporate Mary Poppins into DCA (I dont think I have ever seen here in the park)
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Minion

I love the idea! maybe they can have Mary Poppins and Bert in the pier in that area???? The organ music can also be playing Chim-Chimery and A spoon full of sugar.

• Walt Disney Fan

I really like the Marry Poppins idea. I have never seen any marry poppins in the park and they should have something. I think that would be a good idea.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I hate to burst your bubble, but the carousel is not likely to be changing much, if at all.

The only confirmed changes to Paradise Pier are the Boardwalk Games, which is currently happening.

I know there is a model of Paradise Pier at the Blue Sky Cellar but the CM told me that model is how Paradise Pier was supposed to look prior to the opening of DCA and that the changes to the carousel and Screamin' queue may happen but are not planned for at this time. In other words, they are staying the sam and not changing.

Although I must say that you all have good ideas!

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but the carousel is not likely to be changing much, if at all.

The only confirmed changes to Paradise Pier are the Boardwalk Games, which is currently happening.

I know there is a model of Paradise Pier at the Blue Sky Cellar but the CM told me that model is how Paradise Pier was supposed to look prior to the opening of DCA and that the changes to the carousel and Screamin' queue may happen but are not planned for at this time. In other words, they are staying the sam and not changing.

Although I must say that you all have good ideas!
    well that CM told you wrong... that model was made up in 2005 for Matt Ouimet to look at. so it is based off of what the initial redo idea was.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Following the Second Star

I would love if they had it themed to Mary Poppins. That is one of my favorite movies so I didn't understand why King Arthur's Carousel wasn't Mary Poppin's Carousel. This would fill in fine

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    well that CM told you wrong... that model was made up in 2005 for Matt Ouimet to look at. so it is based off of what the initial redo idea was.
    but half of the things on that model are most likely not going to happen or is being held back.

• Fancy that...

Sounds awesome!

A lot of those ideas are supposedly not happening...but I have a feeling they're gonna re-theme those areas eventually...and when that happens, I think this idea would be an excellent theming choice.

• Banned User

I love that idea!

• Shablagoo!

I like the current theme. It looks very nice and it is different than the Disneyland Carousel.

• Iron-Clad Allie

While a Marry Poppins carousel would be a wonderful idea someplace else in the resort, Triton will go hand in hand with the coming Little Mermaid ride.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

^ yeah but putting that by the ride would mess up the peir theme and isn't little mermaid suppose to be in a new sub land????

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    ^ yeah but putting that by the ride would mess up the peir theme and isn't little mermaid suppose to be in a new sub land????
    The Little Mermaid entrance is set to be in what is formally now, Paradise Pier. Al has refered to the ride as the biggest change to come to Paradise Pier. The main ride building will apparently be an expansion of Paradise Pier. King Triton's Carousel is perfectly situated where it's at on the opposite end of PP. The Midway Games theming being changed to Disney and Pixar will make the area all the more consistently immersive, where Disney animation is concerned.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!