Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Buzz Astro Blasters - why is it opening so soon?

I feel like I might be the only one who is thinking about this... but according to Al, the new Buzz ride is having its grand opening March 17. Why is this? I thought it was going to open with the 50th Anniversary? Doesn't it strike anyone else as strange that theyre opening one of the few main draws of the 50th Anniversary 2 months before the festivities kick off? By the time the 50th kicks off, Buzz is going to be old news and people are going to complain even more about the meager offerings for the 50th, don't you think?

How sure are you MasterGracey that its opening on the 17th? Thursday seems like a weird day to open a ride.....Im going there on the 20-22nd and was hoping to maybe catch a soft opening for it, but a grand opening would be even better... just want to know if i should get my hopes up or not

• That's Hawt

It is probablly because they are actually starting the celebrations May 5th ... even though the birthday isn't untill the 17th. Or, mabye they're thinking that Space Mountain opening on the 17th will be enough ...
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

because they ussualy soft open things months before the scheduled date in order to get effeciency up and make sure that they can be prepared for when the crowds come, it's not a garantee that it will be open every day of soft opening

it won't ruin anything, the point of the 50th is to attract tourists and most tourists (such as myself) will not be there until this summer so it will still be something new and fresh for the 50th

it's also good that the APers will have a chance to get tired of it so that way I don't have to wade through a sea of APer's waiting for their first shot just so "I" on my one-two day trip to the resort can see what the heck the new ride is

honestly I'm a bit dissapointed Space isn't opening earlier

when i said the 17th Miceman i meant March 17th, not July 17th, you seemed a bit confused..... can anyone confirm Master Gracey's first post about its grand opening on March 17th, 2 sources are better than one

• That's Hawt

I get it now ... disregard my post oooops! But I think that march 17th is the start of soft openings but not the grand opening ... I could be wrong tho
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

its alright man, do you think that if i asked a CM on the day that i got there if they had a soft opening planned for that day they would be honest and let me know?? i know that soft openings only run for a few hours or so a day and id hate to be somewhere else in the park and miss it.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by chause2000
    can anyone confirm Master Gracey's first post about its grand opening on March 17th, 2 sources are better than one
    yeah, I'm just going off what Al said in his last update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    Buzz Lightyear will have an official grand opening on March 17th, Saint Patrick's Day, and the marketing team is racking their brains trying to come up with clever tie-ins like using Toy Story's green army men as part of the ceremony, or choosing a family with the last name of "Green" to be the first riders for the TV cameras
    He could be wrong, maybe? He's usually correct with his information..

I dont know, it just doesnt make sense to me why Disney would be opening the attraction almost 2 months before the 50th kick-off...

cool man, cant wait to see if he is right and that date sticks

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I dont know, it just doesnt make sense to me why Disney would be opening the attraction almost 2 months before the 50th kick-off...
    Maybe they want something new running in Tomorrowland before spring break to boost ticket sales over the next month.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Social Imagineer

It doesn't make too much sense to me either. But if the ride's ready to go, then it's ready to go.

Perhaps the earlier estimates of Buzz opening in early May were based on the same snail's pace progress that had Space opening in November. And maybe when Matt Ouimet lit a fire under Tomorrowland ride construction, the flames licked at Buzz Lightyear as well as Space Mountain.

I will look at the early Buzz opening as a hopeful sign that Space Mountain work is also proceeding faster than previously expected, and will be open in time for the 50th Birthday of Disneyland.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    The earlier they can open Buzz the better.

With Space still closed and the pace of rehabs speeding up, any new attraction would help keep down the guest complaints about closed attractions and refurb walls.

Also, any bugs can be worked out before the big Spring Break crowds arrive.

I think it would also be good for the holiday tourists if the local crowds got a chance to ride the attraction before Spring Break to help keep the lines at a managable wait.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Yeah, I didn't really think about the Spring Break crowds. Buzz will help soak them up. It just seems like the early opening is lessening the offerings for the 50th... But now it makes more sense when you factor in spring break.

is it ok if I still don't get why everyone is complaining about the early opening?

seems alot like complaining that the ToT opend before summer (ok not that bad)

soft testings just required on alot of these things

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Yeah, I didn't really think about the Spring Break crowds. Buzz will help soak them up. It just seems like the early opening is lessening the offerings for the 50th... But now it makes more sense when you factor in spring break.
    it may lesson the offerings for APers but it will only help the offerings for tourists (da real target )

this's the sort of thing Al and Kevin write tons of articles on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast