• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Help! We have a last second trip opportunity from our travel agent and need some info

Today we found out we could get a great deal on a 7 day vacation at the Howard Johnson's from Feb 3 to 10. (Sorry, we will miss the 4th anniversary)

But this is so fast, we have no time to research anything.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

1. Are there no fireworks this time of year? If not, does anything special happen to end the day?
    2. Are there no parades this time of year? If not, has something replaced that?
    3. I understand the Haunted Mansion is closed (**bwwwaaahhh**) but I see It's A Small World is opening that week. Is that true? Will the crowds be NUTS? When does Hautned Mansion open up again?
    4. What kind of temperatures can we expect there, especially in the evenings?
    5. Are there no more 5 for the price of three park hoppers? We used to get 7 for the price of 5 but don;t see that offered anywhere.
    6. Can I assume the crowds are low in the first week of February? Is there an American or Californain long weekend or Disney event planned that would just boost attendance like crazy?

HOWARD JOHNSON QUESTION:

Seriously... i see that micechat chose it for their anniversary but why? And how far away is it? It says 8 minute walk? Is that to the crosswalk or the Entrance Booths?

LOCKER QUESTION:

We have never rented lockers before. How much are they? How large are they? Can we fit a large bottle of water in there and maybe a few bits of extra clothing?

THANK YOU THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES THANK YOU

Disney Road

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Re: Help! We have a last second trip opportunity from our travel agent and need some

1. The fireworks are offered only insanely peak seasons such as holiday weekends but will return in march but you still get Fantasmic!

2. Right now, zero parades, sorry :[

3. No haunted mansion and it will return the 13 of feb...just missed it but it's a small world will be back during your stay and it might have some somewhat big lines but you have plenty of time to catch the new stuff...youll be one of the first.

4. Well I have a feeling it's going to stay warm in the 70's and in the evenings it will get a bit chilly but not insanely cold..bring a sweater

5. Not sure about that offer but they always discontinue certain offers but maybe it will return later

6. That week sounds pretty good to me, nothing that I could think of for high attendance

Hojo : Micechat got a good deal and it's a highly rated hotel and 8 minutes is great distance and I could get there faster

Lockers vary in size, for your size I think you will want a large locker which I think it's like 10 bucks but if you want extra large, its only 11 bucks for all day.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Re: Help! We have a last second trip opportunity from our travel agent and need some

What Celeswhatever said.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    What Celeswhatever said.
    Hahahaha, it's going to catch on ! Nooooooo!

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Check out the Hojo Anaheim website (www.hojoanaheim.com). The room photos are how the rooms really look. It is a great place for the price.

The hotel is located right next the freeway. Some rooms face the freeway and some don't. So, if traffic noise is a concern, make sure you are getting a room that won't be affected.

I think DL is offering 'Everyone Plays for the Kid's Price' currently. So, your adult tickets will be the same price as a child's.

The Disneyland website has park hours, entertainment offerings, and ride closures available for your time period.

Thank you very much. We have a person in our group (Ok, me) with mobility problems but Howard Johnson's sounds good.

Hey -- brand new question:

We have done Goofy's Kitchen the last three times we were there... what's your favorite charater breakfast or lunch? Which is not worth the money??

Disney Road

• always, the freaky cat

While there are currently no parades at Disneyland Park, there are at California Adventure...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It is a great time of year to visit the resort. We picked this weekend for the MiceChat anniversary because the resort is not expected to be busy. However, there are trade-offs, lots of attractions and entertainment are not currently available. No big deal. There is still PLENTY to do at Disneyland and in the area (Knotts, Universal, Laguna/Newport beaches, Long Beach Aquarium, San Diego, etc). You'll have a blast.

We HIGHLY recommend the Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort. They are great folks. Have newly remodeled rooms, a great pool area, and are within a short walk from the resort. In fact, the HoJo sits closer to the park than the Disneyland Hotel does!

If you get a good deal, go for it! If you click the "Partner" link at the top of the site, you can find our MiceChat partner travel agents (who would be happy to help you) and direct contact info for our partner hotels.

Sounds like you have a bit of anxiety over the quick decision. But I think you'll find California and the Anaheim Resort area very nice and uncrowded at this time of year.

Hope this helps,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

As for the weather, I would check that out the day before you leave. It's been all over the place down here lately.

It looks like it's forecasted to rain a little that week as of now. So, it could be in the 70's during the day and in the 40's or low 50's at night with some rain. You never really know around here so bring some clothes for all types of weather.

keep your eye on the Haunted Mansion, you never know, they might do a soft opening while your there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    It is a great time of year to visit the resort. We picked this weekend for the MiceChat anniversary because the resort is not expected to be busy. However, there are trade-offs, lots of attractions and entertainment are not currently available. No big deal. There is still PLENTY to do at Disneyland and in the area (Knotts, Universal, Laguna/Newport beaches, Long Beach Aquarium, San Diego, etc). You'll have a blast.

We HIGHLY recommend the Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort. They are great folks. Have newly remodeled rooms, a great pool area, and are within a short walk from the resort. In fact, the HoJo sits closer to the park than the Disneyland Hotel does!

If you get a good deal, go for it! If you click the "Partner" link at the top of the site, you can find our MiceChat partner travel agents (who would be happy to help you) and direct contact info for our partner hotels.

Sounds like you have a bit of anxiety over the quick decision. But I think you'll find California and the Anaheim Resort area very nice and uncrowded at this time of year.

Hope this helps,

Dusty
    Thasnks Dusty. We used to speak about two or three years ago. So nice to see your still here.

Disney Road

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    We have done Goofy's Kitchen the last three times we were there... what's your favorite charater breakfast or lunch? Which is not worth the money??

Goofy's Kitchen is very popular and enjoyed by many. Us included.

We've also enjoyed the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at the PCH Grill in the PPH. Nice selection of food and entertaining. You won't leave hungry!

I've enjoyed the Lilo & Stitch breakfast also, and I also love the breakfast at the Storyteller Cafe at the Grand Californian(They have the Brother Bear characters and Chip & Dale).