Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Matterhorn / Opening times?

Ok.. little fact that I learned today that since I never been to Disneyland I didn't know. I learned the matterhorn has two lines for it on opposite sides of the mountain?!
    Which offers a better ride or are they about the same?
    Which line is usually shorter?
    Is it worth riding both sides?

Also, what time does the park usually open around Mid June?
    I think I've seen 8:00 AM times but am unsure

Re: Matterhorn / Opening times?

I believe the right side of the Matterhorn is a little faster. I prefer that side.

I think it would open at 8 in June, but now I'm not sure. I can't believe they don't even have March hours out yet.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Well from my own experience , I prefer the tomorrowland side. It just has some extra oomph! Some people probably will say that there isn't a difference but I disagree and you'll just have to trust me The line varies in size but i'd look at both them but the wait is never too long, even when it's one single line because of the parade (or street party if you're going in June) If you want to feel the difference or attempt to feel the difference, go for it the matterhorn is worth riding at least twice.

It's been 8 AM for many years now during the peak days and I am sure it will stick that way

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Rock Star Minion

Left side is better. Right side usually has a shorter line, because it sucks so much. (Yeah, I'm stokiing the flames for a Matterhorn Side brawl!!)

OP, do both, see for yourself which one is better.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

I think the tommorrowlans side has more oomph! It also is more rapid and bumpy! But It feels like your butts dragging the hole time!

The FL side goes faster and not as much ruggedness.

Both great ride both!!!

• Shag lover

The Tomorrowland side is better/faster/more thrilling. (that's the side closest to the lagoon)

The Fantasyland side is slower and not quite as jerky. (that's the side closest to Alice In Wonderland)

• Disney aficionado

is it worth riding it twice to get the experience of both sides?

• Disney aficionado

what is the wait time usually like in the summer on an average day?

• Senior Monorail Minion

Yes. Go both sides. Fantasyland is a little faster but much less bumpy. The TL Side is a little slower and very bumpy has tight turns so your preference is just that your own. Wait times reach 45 minutes if the line wraps all the way around the mountain (technically half way I guess). On the TL side of the queue, there is a part where you directly touch the mountain. 17 minute wait from there assuming max capacity (10 sleds a side) and both sides in one queue
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Because you're extremely pressed for time, I would say "no". Do not ride both sides as then you'll miss out on another ride or two on your list.

• Done waiting!!

My brother and I went on both sides right after eachother in sleds of similar weights and the TL side was waaay better! Seriously I don't know if I'll ever go on the FL side again. Of course this could all change with the sled upgrades this year, if the weight is changed at all.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Senior Minion

TL side is more fun IMO. I love the little drops expecially the part where it dive under the other track. They definitely both have their charm and differences. It's usually a short line I would say do it twice.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• DL is my anti-drug.

Just put weights in your pockets and you'll go faster

• Goofy

tomorrow land side is more thrilling. and quite a bump.

• =)

Count me among those who prefer the Tomorrowland side, mostly for the more thrilling feel of the track on for the the views. You also get that first Harold with his eyes glowing in the dark. Advantages to the Fantasyland side, however, include a closer look at that wonderful little grotto with the crystals and a great final Harold sighting. Honestly, both tracks are worth trying if you have time, since they are noticeably different, but they're still fundamentally the same sort of ride experience. If you're only gonna ride on one, go for the Tomorrowland side, even though the line may be slightly longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast