Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Theme issues with Critter Country

I know this has come up before, but the more I think about it, the more I see the problematic theme issues of denoting that small part of real estate as "Critter Country" as opposed to keeping it as part of Frontierland. Of primary concern is the vague nature of a "Critter Country" and how it detracts from that end of the park. Planted on the shores of the Rivers of America, and growing out of New Orleans Square, it seems it would have been more appropriate to leave it as a part of Frontier Land even when it was just The Country Bears. It fits as a sort of back country of the Frontier. Granted, with Pooh, the issue gets more problematic, but the presence of that ride along with Splash Mountain suggest the problems with a vague title like "Critter Country". Pooh is so much more in line with Fantasy Land, but when they added the ride to it's present location, it really more so called attention to the problem. In it's current state, one could see them adding a Chip and Dale ride which would also fit the vague theme of "Critters" but would detract even more from that end of the park.

What say you? Revamp that area and give Frontier Land some respect? Love to hear thoughts from both sides.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Theme issues with Critter Country

Well before Critter Country, it was Bear Country and I don't think it ever was a part of Frontierland.

And I don't think it needs any more respect, yes I would like to see maybe 1 E ticket attraction or 2 smaller attractions in there, but it is the biggest land in the entire resort.

• Minion

Well it was first called "the Indian Village" before it was Bear Country and was most certainly part of Frontierland when it all began.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

yeah. Maybe they should put the Indian Village where the Hunchback show used to be? While eating your Barbeque meal you can learn about the Native Americans and watch them dance etc.

I actually like that area of the park. If they could just remake the Pooh ride and add another dark ride, which I know would be hard because there is no more space.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I thought you weren't much on the theme threads, PL? Usually you're the go-along-to-get-along type. What's changed? Did CC's contamination of the surrounding Lands finally wear you down?

(it should be noted here that I am not complaining, just observing)

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Shouldn't the canoes be part of Frontierland? They have nothing to do with critters, and they really tie-in well with Frontierland. And given the current theme of the subs, aren't they better suited for Critter Country?
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Shouldn't the canoes be part of Frontierland? They have nothing to do with critters, and they really tie-in well with Frontierland. And given the current theme of the subs, aren't they better suited for Critter Country?
    Oddly enough, Charles Barkley had a good quote regarding the Finding of Nemo--I'll have to research and find it.

• Big Al fan

the Country Bears could be put in the large empty store of Pooh Corner. Just a suggestion!
    "There was.....blood on the saddle, and.....blood all around, and a great big, puddle of .....blood on the ground."

-Big Al-

Come visit my blog Disney in Review over at
    http://disneyfanreviews.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

No. Critter Country should be kept separate. Main Reason, doesn't connect to Frontierland even. Why have it go Frontierland, New Orleans Square, Frontierland. Doesn't make sense.

• Minion

I like Critter Country, calm, peacfull, relaxing. It dosn't fit fronteirland theme at all!!!!!

The only reason Splash mountain is in frontierland at WDW is because they don't have a critter country.

I think it's perfect! AS FOR ADDING ATTRACTIONS I can't say bc someone told me not too
    Tony Baxter said if WDW had a critter Country we would build Pooh in it. Pooh fits the theme of critters ans stuff.

Critter Country is a mix of the country type feel you get in the mountain and the woodsy feel you get down south. NOT about cowboys and the mississipi river and boomtowns and ghost towns!!!!!

U can c how WDW setting for Splash Mountain is different in some scenes if u look closely to fit fronteir land.

Even the instruments for the music you here is different.

Critter Country has dixxieand music to it and a down south feel while frontier land is played with banjo's, harmonicas and acoustic guitars. why when they sing they have a tezas accent in some parts of the ride.

We have a california accent to ours.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    No. Critter Country should be kept separate. Main Reason, doesn't connect to Frontierland even. Why have it go Frontierland, New Orleans Square, Frontierland. Doesn't make sense.
    Looking at the city of New Orleans from a historical perspective, it served as an outpost to settlers on their way west. After traveling through the frontier, settlers would stop in New Orleans to rest and gather supplies before continuing onward.

So, imo, the fact that NOS sits where it does is not by any means coincidental.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Theme issues with Critter Country

I say leave it as it is.

• phbbbbbt

Bring back Rufus!!!
    xo, Deanna

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    I actually like that area of the park. If they could just remake the Pooh ride and add another dark ride, which I know would be hard because there is no more space.
    ditto

Bambi walkthrough?? I think Fox & the Hound fits well, too. Only thing I can think of. Someone was thinking of a Babmi/Thumber vegetrian (sp) snack shop once.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast