Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LADY AND THE TRAMP RIDE:
    I have a solid idea for "The Lady and the Tramp Ride", but I dont want to become an imagineer, or do I really want to work for disney. Anyway, it came to me when I wondered to myself how come they dont have one. Then I thought of how it could look. And the idea grew so solid, its as if the ride actually existed, and I had gone on it. As vivid as a real disney ride memory.

SO HERE IT IS!
    The transport cars are alternate themed, with every other car a baby carriage car, or a model T with the top down. But all the alternate cars look the same and identical, its just a play of chance as to what you end up with on that particular ride experiance.
    Once you board the car, with the same capacity as AIW ride in each vehicle, you approach a water tunnel facade (which the Tramp once looked through in the movie searching for Lady).
    You enter the facade, and into a dark winding tunnel. Inside you see scattered portaits of different dogs on the sides of the tunnel. The last portait seen is Lady & the Tramp together on the left side. The tunnel appears to have a dead end wall, but as soon as you get to it, the wall door opens, and you find yourself approaching an elaborate 3D replica of the darling victorian home exterior.
    The car goes to a far side porch entrance, and enters the porch from this side taking you towards the front of the house, on top of the porch. When you get to the front, you see Lady in the distance fussing with blackbirds on the lawn. She's barking, and moving her long ears. Some birds are on the fence, and move about. The front door is wide open when you get there (which it wasn't when you first entered the scene), and then you enter the house. The opened doors close behind you, and you immediately turn a hard right into the house music piano room, where you hear the "Siamese Cat song" audio. Here, Lady is playing tug of war with cat over table cloth, while the fishbowl on top is going back and forth unsteady, and almost falling over. Another cat is further down on top of spiraling bird cage, which is whirling from the weight of the cat These elements are asking for a central climax, and it happens just as you leave the room to hear a loud crash! You never once get to see the damage that might have been done.
    Now you turn left after you exit the room and towards the front of the door again, but make a wild right up the staircase. No bumps on stairs here due to disney imagineers, and the tracks take you all the way up the staircase towards the baby's room closed door. It's here we see Lady sitting by the entrance of the doorway, looking solemn and wondering, gently wagging her tail. The door opens and we go inside at a slow pace. We pass darling singing "La, La, lu" to the baby we see in the crib she is rocking with her left hand, but before you know it, we head straight for a closed window wall, and it opens right in the middle of the window with huge wall doors to introduce you into another scene. This window wall door is so well tailored, it gives no hint that a doorway is possible in front of you. For a moment, it feels like you are going to crash head on into it. The scene changes drastically into the pet shop, and suddenly you are no longer in the house, but at the pet shop witnessing Aunt Sara struggling with her dog muzzle problem. She is gesturing down behind the counter next to pet shop sales man, saying to Lady (whom you cant see), "Now, now, put this on!" The salesman mutters, "Oh, oh, ohhh!" because Lady has just broken free and the signs of audio crashes, and a visual Lady scurrying from behind the counter wearing muzzle. Lady is flat illustrated with her wearing loose and snug muzzle, and darts into dark on the left side of car transport.
    You now turn into a dark alley facade with billowing animated shadow of a multiple dog fight behind garbage cans and knot hole fences lining everything. Disney knows how to do this animated shadow effect quite well. Before you leave this scene, we see a snarling and angry Tramp looking sideways with his eyes on all fours. He is on the left just as we leave.
    You exit the dogfight scenario, and enter into the zoo facade. Here the car goes down the middle of many types of animal cages all lined up after another, with laughing hyenas across from alligator pit. Down the far end, we see Lady and the Tramp next to the alligator pit, and the big alligator approaches Lady as we approach. The alligator snaps it's mouth before he gets to Lady close enough. We make a quick left, and down into the beaver's pond room, and it's like going into his personal exhibit itself. Down towards the bottom area, we notice the beaver chewing on tree trunk, which the tree falls towards us, and touches the ground as soon as the car passes. It's a tree and doesn't fall too fast, just enough to get the idea across. The car goes over a simulated river bank with realistic water, and makes a wide U type turn to the scene of the beaver biting Lady's muzzle, with Tramp eagerly watching nearby. "Now, where do I bite it?" the beaver says. His claw holding the muzzle, gently taking it off.
    We leave the beaver scene, and enter the room for Tony's italian diner. Here is a simple wide room with the walls made out in dark tones of other busnisses next to Tony's. The room is illuminated with a spiraling disco ball effect of starry light. Tony and his assistant are playing instruments and singing Bella Notte, with Lady and the Tramp nearby over a plate of spaghetti on a small table cloth barrel. A few well constructed business building lights illuminate a dark scenario giving the illusion of lived in buildings on the top of the exteriors.
    We leave this room and find ourselves startled by a large noisy rat sitting on top of a plain wooden barrel on right side. The rat disappears from the loss of spotlight, and a swift shot of air forms beneath the car making us feel the rat ran under it. On the left side, we can see the rat animated, running down the fenced alley way, and disappearing into night. Suddenly we approach a huge glow in the dark greenish wooden door that is labled DOG POUND. A caution sign is also there. The door opens and we go right down the middle of many dog cages, and the dogs are singing, "Home, sweet, home." In the last cage, Peg is singing, "He's a Tramp", which overlays the previous song audio. On the right we see a dogcatcher carrying Lady away and petting her while appearing to take her out. "There, there, you're much too nice a girl to be in a place like this."
    Once the dog pound door exit opens, we enter a dark stormy baby's bedroom scenario, where furniture is toppled all over, and a baby is heard crying from inside the knocked over crib, which we cant completely see inside. The furniture is layed in a way to form an obstruction from seeing what is happening behind it all. Another dramatic animated shadow sequence of Tramp fighting off with the evil rat against the wall. Lady is cautiously standing by next to the lamp that has fallen to the ground. This illuminated lamp light is what's causing the shadow fight scene to happen. As an option, disney imagineers can install stormy windows on the left side wall, much like the HM effect.
    We exit the baby's fight scene into another dramtic scene of the dog catcher's wagon, with a very frightened horse in front standing on hind legs, falling on to Trusty who is caught underneath. This is on the left side of the ride, and it is a very short and quick scene with no real graphic display of the dog actually getting hit on. Once this scene is passed, we go into the Christmas Darling decorated house scene, with the song Bella Notte being sung in a soft chorus audio play. This scene shows Jim Dear struggling with the old fashion camera, while the dogs and baby are posing and the puppies are fussing with gifts. The windows display signs of falling snow by the magic of the disney imagineers. We leave by way of water tunnel facade exterior.

THE END. And exit.

YouTube - Lady And The Tramp - What Is A Baby? / La, La, Lu
    Last edited by dancer5612004; 01-29-2009 at 01:48 AM.

• MC, this is LD

Re: "Lady and theTramp Ride"

That is a very good idea, and obviously well thought out.

I would ride it.

• All You Need is Love!

I like this idea a lot. It sounds long enough to get the story across and to see some neat effects.
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Very well thought out idea and I know i'd enjoy it but sadly they would never make a ride about this film but dont quote me on that unless you plan on quoting me here on micechat

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Critter country? Bye Bye Pooh.

Well thought out idea.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Been a long time since somebody has submitted a new idea for a ride. Very clever design description.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    Very well thought out idea and I know i'd enjoy it but sadly they would never make a ride about this film but dont quote me on that unless you plan on quoting me here on micechat

You know I myself have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Walt Disney when I myself was very young, and I remember that like it was yesterday. It was back in 1963. Those were the disney days, although I never saw DL whn it opened in 1955 because I was born in '56. Would have like to been there on that catastrophic first day!
    Anyway, Mr. Disney had several quotable quotes, and one being, "Nothing is impossible at Disneyland." I wonder what the disney execs and imagineers of today have to address to that if a Lady And The Tramp ride is not entirely likely to happen, and for whatever reason. They should listen closer to their mentor.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Where could it fit? Fantasyland, Toontown, or Critter Country?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

I like your idea but you need to shorten some seens in the actual building stages for reality.

• Circle of Ancients

Well thought out idea. But doesn't the Siamese Cat scene happen AFTER "La La Lu"???

• Mad for Disneyland

I really like your idea. It's well thought out and organized. Where would it be, Fantasyland?

• Goofy

or maybe they could save it for the third park. Or the fantasyland stage i mean that area is quite spacious.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Where could it fit? Fantasyland, Toontown, or Critter Country?
    Main Street. They could do it on the cheap too and just route the DLRR through the kennels at the front gate.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Main Street. They could do it on the cheap too and just route the DLRR through the kennels at the front gate.
    You know, I was actually going to say that, since the movie does take place in turn-of-the-century America.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Storyteller

This is a great idea for a ride. It's one of Disney's classic movies that has very minimal representation at the park (is there any at all?) and would make a great new attraction. It's been awhile since they built a ride based off one of the oldies, but it's about time they did. I had a half-baked idea for an elaborate Bambi ride awhile back, it would be nice to see Bambi spoken for at the park somewhere too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast