•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Anyone have a good picture of the interior of the Bank of Main Street?

In particular, the hardwood windows, where they currently do AP processing. I cant seem to find one. Any help is appreciated.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: Anyone have a good picture of the interior of the Bank of Main Street?

I know the economy is a bit dire right now, but you really can find a better bank to rob.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    I know the economy is a bit dire right now, but you really can find a better bank to rob.
    that's what I was thinking... You would have to buy a DL Ticket to get inside for the privilege of robbing them, and there isn't even that much in change in the tills - and then you have to get back out... Sounds like a plot for 'The Apple Dumpling Gang II'

I liked it better when it was a real full-service Bank Of America branch. Who is their "Partner" at the moment? Pretty sure it's Chase, who just bought Washington Mutual, so they should turn the space into a Chase branch again - unless they want to keep the WaMu brand going.

It would be easy enough, the Vault is still there...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    In particular, the hardwood windows, where they currently do AP processing. I cant seem to find one. Any help is appreciated.
    Here's a rare look at said window from the inside. It's a photo of my Dad on opening day. He worked at the bank for a couple of years until my Mom made him get a real job.

Rick

• Legends never die...

That is such a cool picture! If reports are correct, its not possible for them to bring back an actual bank, since that will be part of the upcoming new location of the Disney Gallery.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• Minion

I personaly don't like the idea that the Disney Gallery is to replace the Bank. I always thought the Bank was really cool and it added a lot to the theme of Main Street. I mean.... every city has a bank, but not every city has an art gallery right?? But I guess there is nothing we can do about it!!!

I think I'm going to miss the bank. Cool picture.
    "You don't want to swim in it."

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    That is such a cool picture!
    Coolness. And even in 1955 the calculator and typewriter models are already museum pieces and props - the calculator looks to be Ca. 1910 to 1920, and the typewriter is earlier.

Very small world - Tell your dad we adopted Victoria Gianini's Double-Yellow Amazon parrot (who is still in the kitchen being his usual grumpy self) and see if the name gets a reaction out of him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    If reports are correct, its not possible for them to bring back an actual bank, since that will be part of the upcoming new location of the Disney Gallery.
    Noooo!!!!!!1!!

It was bad enough turning the Bank into the AP Processing center, because that could easily be reversed. A coat of paint, change the signs, upgrade the network and install new computer terminals and printers in "period" cases (Google up "Steampunk Computer" to see how they can be creatively disguised if the Imagineers get busy), rework the alarm system and have Mosler rehab the Vault Time Lock to current standards. Transfer in staff, print up business cards... Bada-Bing, Done, Open.

Could even be the first Chase branded branch on the west coast, as soon as they make up their minds what they're doing - make a bit of new history.

Totally destroying the Bank to make a retail store out of it would be a travesty. And with the restrooms behind it and the vault in the way (a BIG problem to remove) there isn't all that much room available. Not enough to do a decent job with the Gallery, unless you start carving away space from the Opera House Lobby and Walt's Office displays.

Then again, that would give them a perfect excuse to not bring the Walt's Office desks and pieces back from WDW (like they promised when they were removed), wouldn't it?

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Senior Minion

Rumor is Walt's stuff may return, but to the Carthay in DCA instead of DL. I actually like that idea, and I have mixed feeling about the bank, but I do think the location would be nice for the Gallery. I think Al had said that both floors might be used for the Gallery and the offices upstairs relaocated, which would give a lot of space.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Coolness. And even in 1955 the calculator and typewriter models are already museum pieces and props - the calculator looks to be Ca. 1910 to 1920, and the typewriter is earlier.

Very small world - Tell your dad we adopted Victoria Gianini's Double-Yellow Amazon parrot (who is still in the kitchen being his usual grumpy self) and see if the name gets a reaction out of him...

Noooo!!!!!!1!!

It was bad enough turning the Bank into the AP Processing center, because that could easily be reversed. A coat of paint, change the signs, upgrade the network and install new computer terminals and printers in "period" cases (Google up "Steampunk Computer" to see how they can be creatively disguised if the Imagineers get busy), rework the alarm system and have Mosler rehab the Vault Time Lock to current standards. Transfer in staff, print up business cards... Bada-Bing, Done, Open.

Could even be the first Chase branded branch on the west coast, as soon as they make up their minds what they're doing - make a bit of new history.

Totally destroying the Bank to make a retail store out of it would be a travesty. And with the restrooms behind it and the vault in the way (a BIG problem to remove) there isn't all that much room available. Not enough to do a decent job with the Gallery, unless you start carving away space from the Opera House Lobby and Walt's Office displays.

Then again, that would give them a perfect excuse to not bring the Walt's Office desks and pieces back from WDW (like they promised when they were removed), wouldn't it?

--<< Bruce >>--

Well, if someone can convince "someone in power" to have the Gallery put into the Plaza Pavilion (superseding some of DL's management), then maybe the bank could be reopened.