Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile No fireworks.. no Coronation ceremony... No Haunted Mansion....No Parades ...Whaaa?

We are going from the 2nd to the 10th and were shocked at the closures. Is there anything that took their place? I mean, how can you replace the fireworks but is there any end of Day ceremony? I know Fantasmic is offered on certain days but anything else...

I know about Pixie Hollow. Is there an "event there" or is it just a signing autograph place? Does anything happen at the Alladin stage in Adventureland?

I mean, with no parades or fireworks .... its a little "thin" for a 4000.00 trip. Doesn't anything replace these? Street Theatre? Dance? Paul McCartney singing the entire Beatles catelog??

(Do they ever have a Beatles show?)

Disney Road

Re: No fireworks.. no Coronation ceremony... No Haunted Mansion....No Parades ...Whaa

Oh.... does anyone know when....

1. The Haunted Mansion reopens?
    2. The new Parade Starts?
    3. The Fireworks start again?

Disney Road

Re: No fireworks.. no Coronation ceremony... No Haunted Mansion....No Parades ...Whaa

Rats -- one last thing.....

(Sheesh --- 3 posts)

If there is nothing to replace all this outdoor entertainment... can I assume the lineups are short? Not "Shorter" --- we have fastpasses. I am asking is attendance down this time of year?

Disney Road

• Halloween 2011

Nothing has taken the place of the entertainment closures. Some of these are due to the Main Street repaving project. The Celebrate parade is scheduled to begin late March (27th?) and has replaced Parade of Dreams.

The Flag Retreat ceremony is scheduled every day during your visit at 4:30pm.

Nothing is scheduled at Aladdin's Oasis in Adventureland.

Pixie Hollow is an autograph location. No other event takes place there. And you can only enter when the fairies are in residence; cast members will shoo you out if no characters are scheduled to be there.

Haunted Mansion is scheduled to reopen 2/14. Small World is scheduled to reopen 2/6.

Remember Dreams Come True fireworks have been severely curtailed. Used to be that during the off-season they were only offered on the weekend. This year, they are only offered on select weekends during the off season. Looks like Remember is scheduled for Valentine's weekend 2/13-16.

Attendance is normal for the off-season, possibly a bit higher. Over the MLK weekend, with a convention in town as well, Disney had to close all its lots and turn people away because every parking space was full. There have been no reports of higher-than-normal attendance on regular non-holiday weekdays or weekends.

No, there is no and has never been a Beatles show. Sorry.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    We are going from the 2nd to the 10th and were shocked at the closures. Is there anything that took their place? I mean, how can you replace the fireworks but is there any end of Day ceremony? I know Fantasmic is offered on certain days but anything else...

I know about Pixie Hollow. Is there an "event there" or is it just a signing autograph place? Does anything happen at the Alladin stage in Adventureland?

I mean, with no parades or fireworks .... its a little "thin" for a 4000.00 trip. Doesn't anything replace these? Street Theatre? Dance? Paul McCartney singing the entire Beatles catelog??
    Sorry Johnny, but that is why it's known as the "off season" For decades they have used Jan-Mar to down attractions. Back in the 60's and 70's the whole park used to be closed on Mondays and sometimes Tuesday. That is why it is important to check schedules before planning a trip.

The good news is that there is still a lot to see and do.

• Sock Puppet

I agree.

There is still plenty to do at the Resort.

By going when you are, you are avoiding a lot of the crowds.

Avoiding the crowds comes at a price. That price being a few of the rides/attractions will be closed.

If you want full access to everything (and even that is NEVER guaranteed), then go during the peak season.

And deal with the crowds...

Enjoy!

This is what happens, when you go During Off Season. You will have tons of fun. Enjoy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post

No, there is no and has never been a Beatles show. Sorry.
    Sure there has, a Beatles tribute band, The Fab Four, has played the Tomorrowland stage several times.
    Mike

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

While there are closures there will still be lots of attractions to see and shows to ride... wait, sorry about that. Reverse it.

Have a wonderful time!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    If there is nothing to replace all this outdoor entertainment... can I assume the lineups are short? Not "Shorter" --- we have fastpasses. I am asking is attendance down this time of year?
    Fantasmic! is meant to replace the Parade while it is down.

• Rock Star Minion

It's the "slow time." Things have to be refurbed and updated some time, and middle of the summer is not the time.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Closed Account

Fantasmic! is better than the parade and fireworks combined. So no big deal

• Goofy

I wouldn't say better than the fireworks.

• Senior Minion

I'm going in march and according to disneyland.com, fireworks for all 3 nights and fantasmic only 1 night and no major rides (for now) down. So i'm happy with that.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Look at it this way...ISAW is open for the first with its new look!!, how about the Sleeping Beauty walk-thru open for the first time!!, no long wait for the new subs, no long wait for Dumbo!!!, probably a walk-on for the Matterhorn. You'll be able to get reservations for lunch at the Blue Byu (sorry about the spelling) and possible riverside seating!! Try getting a ride on the Lillie Belle or a Tender ride!!! You can explore the island without a lot of kids getting in your way!!! Oh and the Innovations Building shouldn't have a long wait. Walk-on for Indiana Jones!!!

Don't worry you will be kept busy and may not even miss what is closed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast