Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

The Billy Hill Green Team's FINAL show 1-30-09/pictures and video

I don't usually go to the park on Friday's but I really wanted to be there to see the final performance of the Green Team. I made it to the final three shows of the day 2:35 PM, 4 PM and 5:15 PM. They did something pretty special at the end of the final performance at 5:15 PM which I have a video of.

First of all I just wanted to show you that the big blue construction thing that had been on the East side of the hub is now gone

Most of my photos are from the 2:35 PM show with a few others to make up the total package.

First up we have Rick Dunham. He is one of the subs. The regular Green Team Billy, John David, is now gone. His last day was last week. Rick is a fabulous banjo and guitar player.

Billy John Eaden showing us his sexy moves

Jamin on the banjo

And on the bass

This is Duane Michaels, John Eaden and John Marshall

John E. gets down on the washboard for surfer music

And John M. picks up the bass and plays it like a guitar

Just havin fun

Rick can really play the guitar too

A nice shot of John Eaden. He is with Laughing Stock and will continue with them.

John and Duane having fun as Duane shows us the different ways he can play the fiddle

Just a nice shot of the group

One of the things the Green Team did was bring people up from the audience so they will have a fifth member. This girl from the 2:35 show really got into it

This man was brought up at the 4 PM show and had fun

And then this girl was brought up at the 5:15 PM show and she went along with the whole thing really well

The final number that the Green Team did was the Hillbilly Stunt Band. They link arms and each one fingers the fret area of the other's instrument.

This is the ending of the 2:35 show

and then end of the 4 PM show

The special ending for the 5:15 will be in the video below.

After each show the Billies came out to talk with their fans. Many Billy fans were there including those who have fan sites for the group like Jan and Dennis. Dennis posts here on MiceChat as Wb6uce. I'm sorry the picture I took of you did not come out - too bright and blurry. I hope you'll post a link to your photos here on this thread. It was nice to meet you and your wife.

Good job John. We'll miss you as a regular Billy.

Here's a photo Richard (another new friend) kindly took of me with John Eaden.

Now for the videos (and the quality is just so so, sorry).

The first one is of their surfer routine ("we are Hillbillies from the hills of Santa Monica")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=_wXhprQSK2Q
    The second video is the finale. As the Hillbilly Stunt Band was ending everyone rose to their feet to give them a standing ovation. Then the curtains did not close and Farley (he's the "cowboy" who plays the fiddle in Frontierland) came out and played "Happy Trails". It was quite the choking up moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=q6Wub2QW6ug
    I'm really glad I went to see this. It is always sad when a group has to wind it up and hit the trail. But we'll still see Duane and John M. with the Gold Team on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and John Eaden performing with Laughing Stock who will be coming into The Golden Horseshoe and performing on the stage on Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Last edited by Wendygirl; 02-01-2009 at 10:28 PM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: The Billy Hill Green Team's FINAL show 1-30-09/pictures and video

so is there a reason why they cut the best crew?

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'll miss the Green Team very much. In this time of entertainment cut-backs, I'm glad Disney is keeping the show going with a re-organized schedule at least.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Proud owner: 50th Tiki

Thanks for sharing the teams last show with everyone.

• Yearning for Disneyland

Noooooooo! I loved this team! They were so talented and funny. Thanks for the pictures and video...it's a great tribute to some great performers.

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

• Done waiting!!

Its sad to see them go, but I'm definitely partial to the Gold team. This isn't the place to debate that tho.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    so is there a reason why they cut the best crew?
    Entertainment is at it again and slashing for economic reasons. Dennis (the man I mention in this post) first alerted us to this back on Jan. 16th. You can read that thread here.

This is what he said:

Well, in economically hard times tough choices must be made and Disneyland has made that tough choice.

Starting in February, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies will be reduced to 5 days a week with Tuesdays and Wednesdays being their days off. [Laughing Stock may take up the stage on those days].

The BLUE Team will still be on Sundays and Mondays. The GOLD Team will still be on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but the GREEN team is no more! Even a bail-out from Obama couldn't help, so welcome to 2009 and go enjoy a few shows. Be sure and tell management how much you enjoyed the shows and see ya at the 'Shoe!

Cut and paste used with permission
    I don't know who made the decision to cut which team ... Management or the Billies themselves. I know I have always preferred the other teams but I have to say after seeing this team's show three times in a row I probably shortchanged them. It was very funny and totally different (well, except for a few lines) than the other team's shows.

It is sad times all around these days because of the economy but as Ride Warrior said, we should be grateful they didn't get rid of them totally (think Parade of Dreams).

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

On my most recent trip I almost saw them but was at the place at the wrong time so I move forward with other Disneyland plans. I never came back to see them, something I regret. They looked like loads of live entertainment fun.

The guy in purple looks adorably cute out of his costume. The videos were great, thanks, looks like all the big fans were in the audience for the finale.

Thanks Wendy Girl Im In Oregon And You Made My Day Jhon Eaden Rocks Hope To Met All You Great Mice Chaters At The March 8th Meet Have A Great Day You Made Mine

• Still lost in Neverland

I am glad you got this groups final show as they did do things a little differently and it was good for a change of pace. But I am still glad that Kurt and Dennis will be performing in all five daily shows. Kurt was the founder of the groups way back when and still is the funniest of the leads.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Some imagination, huh?

You're totally right; I wasn't even there but I started to get choked up during "Happy Trails to You." The Green team was my first ever Billy team so they will always have a special place in my heart.

This was a great update. Thanks for this; it gave me the closure that I never would've gotten

(And I'm glad I'll still be able to see John Eaden out with the Laughingstock Company! He's great in that too.)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Thank you for this update, great photos and video...sad to see this team breaking up, but I am glad John at least still will be at the park even if not inside with the Billies.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

I am heartbroken!!!! The green team is my favorite group of Billy Hills. John Eaden is THE best frontman for the group. BOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I wish I'd known, because I seriously think I would have come to So. Cal. to see the last show, and, I live in Seattle.

Thank you for the wonderful report and photos! It was amazing of you to post them for us to see.

• Minion

Did you happen to get anymore pics of the east side of the Main Street repaving???

I never did see this group (the Green team). From what I have heard here, it sounds like they were really good and really funny!!!

• Joyfully Addicted to Disn

Thank you for the update. Really wanted to be there for the very last Green Team day. Did get to see the last show with the whole team including John David last week. Still kinda misty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast