• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile I remember from my childhood a Cowboy Street theatre show. Anyone remember this?

One of my fondest memories as a child was watching what looked like a staged and humourous gunflight in Frontierland. Does anything like that happen anymore?

Also, we really want to see the show at the Golden Horseshoe, how long prior to the shows start would you suggest going? Can you order lunch during the show?

Thank you

Disney Road

• Hello

Cool Re: I remember from my childhood a Cowboy Street theatre show. Anyone remember this

Honestly, I've never been there so I'm no help.

P.S. The Canucks!?! Come on, it's all about the Avs. OK, enough hockey.

• Sock Puppet

Re: I remember from my childhood a Cowboy Street theatre show. Anyone remember this

The old "Vault Disney" shows on the Disney Channel used to show clips of gunfights, so I'd say yes.

And today, they have a comedy type pseudo-gunfight show (well, at least they shoot a gun) right in front of the Golden Corral. It usually draws a fairly good sized crowd. More shouting than shooting though.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: I remember from my childhood a Cowboy Street theatre show. Anyone remember this

Yes! As a young kid, I participated in one of the gunfights in Frontierland. Although it looked real to me then, it was an outdoor dramatic sketch. It started out with an outlaw running from inside the saloon, while exchanging gun fire with the sheriff.

As the outlaw worked his way out into the street, the sheriff (from a distance) shot his gun out of his hands. Then, the sheriff called for help in getting the gun. So, kids (primarily boys) converged on the outlaw, who was fiercely stomping on his gun to keep their hands away. I was a spirited and brave little boy.

So, I ended up right in the middle of the action. Although the outlaw scared the heck out of me, I grappled for the gun. Just about had the gun when another boy's dad beat me to it. Then, he gave it to his son who was rewarded by the sheriff with a complete new cowboy outfit.

I was one little mad and hurt dude. My parents thoht it a raw deal, too. However, we still loved the show. I'll always remember it. Wish they still had the reenactment. Guess the gunplay would not be politically correct in today's wussy environment.

My life lesson from the show was that other kids parents would always hand things to their offspring without them having earned it. However, the intrinsic value of trying your hardest to reach a goal cannot be given away to a person of priveledge. Values like this are instilled by inteligent and loving real parents that aford their kids the opportunity to reach and grapple on their own for anything that makes them happy ..for the most part. I'll be buying a new cowboy outfit soon. Yippy kuyay!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    My life lesson from the show was that other kids parents would always hand things to their offspring without them having earned it. However, the intrinsic value of trying your hardest to reach a goal cannot be given away to a person of priveledge. Values like this are instilled by inteligent and loving real parents that aford their kids the opportunity to reach and grapple on their own for anything that makes them happy ..for the most part. I'll be buying a new cowboy outfit soon. Yippy kuyay!
    Wow! Well said.

I also remember the gun fight. I even have an old home movie from the 50's showing a little of one. I was a girl, though, and didn't get involved in such things

The show now is by Laughing Stock and is outside of the Golden Horseshoe not Golden Corral. And now (see my thread on the Billy Hill Green Team's final show) they will be inside on the stage of the Golden Horseshoe on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Regarding the time to get there to see the Billy Show. If you want a front row table, you pretty much need to be there toward the end of one show. Then when people leave you move in and get a table Getting a seat in one of the two on stage boxes is pretty hard; that is usually pure luck. I have sat both in the audience and in a box and prefer the audience view. If you don't have to sit in the front row, than I would say 30 minutes prior to show time is fine. During the really busy seasons though I would say more than that.

Regarding food. Food is served in there all the time. You stand in line to place your order, pay and then wait to pick it up and bring it back to your table. It is self serve. Some days the line moves fast but mostly it can be rather slow.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

So do the other wild west comedy style shows still happen? Are they just at random times?

I loved it a few years ago when we left Space mountain and walked right into an African Dancing Troop.... but it was totally unexpected and hugely entertaining.

When do we know something like that will happen???

Or are Winter entertainment cut backs stopa ll of this?

LIKE DISNEY NEEDS WINTER CUTS BACKS....... I hate that. Dumb corporate attitude. In today's economy, soon Wall Street will be on Main Street.

Disney Road

• Giving up Film

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    P.S. The Canucks!?! Come on, it's all about the Avs. OK, enough hockey.
    The Avs!?! Come on, it's all about the Wings. Haha I couldn't help myself. Back to subject.

I ran into a small show outside of the Golden Horseshoe that ended with people entering the Golden Horseshoe for the Billy Hill show. This was all just on accident though, I went into the Golden Horseshoe to check it out as I had never been there but wound up staying for the whole show.