Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our Extremely Hilarious "Aladdin" Performance

Okay so we just saw today (January 31)'s 5:50 PM performance of Aladdin at California Adventure. In the Mezzanine section, there was this one far-left section of people (they filled up the entire 50 seats or so) that had people with some common identity...don't know what it was lol.

Anyways, during the scene (after "A Whole New World") where Aladdin mentions how he can't give Genie his last wish to set him free, that entire section started booing Aladdin for not giving Genie his wish!! (realizes this is a humongous section of people simultaneously booing). Genie and Aladdin became quiet for a bit, before Genie said "Are there cows in the theater or something?" (Aladdin tried to hide a smile at this point). The group continued to boo, at which point it became infectious and most of the theater was booing Aladdin for not holding up his end of the deal to Genie!

After the crowd quieted down, the Genie said "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? He (pointing at Aladdin) is the good guy! Gooood guuuuuy!! If you gotta boo someone, boo at Jafar! Heeeee's the baaad guuuy!!"

So the scene finally continued on, until the part where Genie transforms Jafar into the Sultan. His dialogue went something like this:
    "Poof. You're the Sultan. (Crowd starts booing loudly, calms after about a minute)." At this point, Genie points at Jafar and everyone starts booing again, and stops when he puts his fingers down. He points at Jafar again, and everyone starts booing again. Then he pointed at himself, and everyone loudly screamed with joy. Then he started his routine: Pointing at Jafar twice, then pointing at himself, so it souded something like: "BOO-BOO-YEAH! BOO-BOO-YEAH! BOO-BOO-YEAH!" (try saying it outloud to get the full effect). The chant resembled something along the lines of the opening of the song "We Will Rock You" by Queen, so Genie started singing "Buddy youre a boy make a big noise..."! After the applause and laughter died down, Genie gracefully made his transition into the "Are we through yet?" part.

It may sound absurd in words, but for anyone that was there, you would know how excellent it sounded. I don't know who that large group was, but humungous kudos to Genie for his ingenious ad-libbing (and to Jafar for dutifully laughing during the total of about 4 minutes of booing).
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Re: Our Extremely Hilarious "Aladdin" Performance

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    After the crowd quieted down, the Genie said "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? He (pointing at Aladdin) is the good guy! Gooood guuuuuy!! If you gotta boo someone, boo at Jafar! Heeeee's the baaad guuuy!!"
    I've had this happen before too, a few weeks ago when I saw the show. Guess a lot of people boo Aladdin at that point :P

• in the Golden Afternoon

omg i wish i could've been there for that. sounds like fun :]

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Dude, what I just read made me laugh. If I ever go to a show, this I gotta look out for.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Boo Boo YEAH!! Boo Boo YEAH!!!

Aladdin you're a boy make a big choice
    Playin with a girl your gonna be a big man some day
    You got guilt on yo face
    You big disgrace
    Kickin your genie all over the place

BOO BOO YEAHH!?!? BOO BOO YEAH!?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

THAT is hilarious. I laughed just thinking about the boobooyeah part. Too funny.

• Following the Second Star

*stares at your icon and DOES. NOT. BLINK.*

Sounds like an amazing time!

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

sounds funny but also annoying and rude for a large group of people disrupting the show for guests that could have been seeing the show for a first time.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I love how the Genie improvises even through crowd reaction. Great and funny story!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Goofy

wow that is so funny i can't believe that. lol.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

the genie is just outrageous.

Last time i saw the show he randomly broke out into a "single ladies" bananza.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Oh, man, I wish I can been there. I would love to see it. That would have been a blast!!! I ended up seeing the first showing at 12:10.

I love Genie's improv..... I was there Fri for the 4:15 show and he was standing next to Jafar and someone screamed "we love you Genie!!" Genie laughs and told Jafar... "they love me, you... not so much..." He went on with "the Bird is the word" bit that had some of the other actors turning their faces so you can't see them laughing
    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

• formerly PretzelSouls!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

He was at his best last night, too. At the 5:50 show.

1. The Genie told Aladdin he couldn't wish for any more wishes, "just like Blagojevich."

2. Then, at the Sultan pepper shaker part, Genie and Jafar did their typical stares at each other, and Jafar starts staring at the crowd. Genie then said, "You have too much eye liner. Did you learn that from Amy Winehouse?"
    Jafar snapped his neck at Genie and his mouth dropped. If he could have talked at that point, you know it would have been: "What did you just say?"

3. During the stairs scene, the Genie said, "This is better than any Super Bowl halftime show!"

Great stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast