• Minion

Lightbulb Grizzly Peak Idea

In New Orleans Square, there are a few references to Jean Laffite right??? Like the Pirates Load Area (Liffite's Landing), his anchor, and Laffite's Tavern on Tom Sawyer's Island.

Anyway, I think that it would be cool to have a few John Muir references throughout Grizzly Peak. Maybe a sign that points to his "base" or something like that. I really have no idea what, but I though it would be cool to have him remembered.

For those of you who don't know who John Muir is, he was a naturalist. Because of him, we have most of our state parks like Yosemite, Joshua Tree, and Muir Woods. Also, Muir Woods is just across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. So if there were to be some htings remembering him in Grizzly Peak, it would make good thematic and geographical sense.

Just and idea.

• Indiana Scott

Re: Grizzly Peak Idea

I like it! Those are the fun little things people are likely to discover after having been to the park a few times.
    Great idea.

• =)

I like it, but I think the first priority should be creating some animatronic wildlife...little memorable vignettes, you know. Heck, even a thrill ride in the wilderness like BTMRR would get a little old if there were no signs of life. When you tone down the thrill factor to produce something like Grizzly River Run, it's all the more important to have really exceptional scenery. IMO, the scenery is currently rather nice, but nothing more.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I like it, but I think the first priority should be creating some animatronic wildlife...little memorable vignettes, you know. Heck, even a thrill ride in the wilderness like BTMRR would get a little old if there were no signs of life. When you tone down the thrill factor to produce something like Grizzly River Run, it's all the more important to have really exceptional scenery. IMO, the scenery is currently rather nice, but nothing more.
    Yes, animals would be a great addition to Grizzly Peak!!! But I also think that John Muir should be remembered in someway.

• Senior Monorail Minion

I agree. A John Muir sign or camp (a la the Wells Expedition on the Matterhorn) would be great. I think some anamatronic wildlife would be an awesome addition too. Maybe a mine ride/ coster is in need too.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Senior Minion

I like the idea and I think most of us agree that GRR needs animals and preferably lose the modern rafting stuff too.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Dive ..... Dive.....

They should have a wildfire in the ride similar to the burning log cabin.

Maybe they should add the Grizzly Mine Show, I mean if theres room (theres not).

• HauntedOne999

one of the original ideas for "plussing" Grizzly Peak was to make the whole area set to turn of the century state parks and focus on Teddi Roosevelt and John Muir... ideas have been thrown back and forth to make Vignettes of animals and place them all around in some of the empty side areas... this would also include River Run (removing all extreme sports references)... it would basically be like Natures Wonderland

WDI has even expressed interest on putting Country bears in this area... the original idea of CB was for a Ski resort in Northern California .
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Collision speed....FULL!

Wildlife is on the way...

yeah!!!!! animals and subtle references to famaous naturalist is a great idea maybe replace the random camp wreck with a scean with a bear family. and a few well placed dear or bears i mean its called grizzly peak who cares that the mountain looks like a bear maybe some bears catching salmon. i like the idea of adding small things even if you don't notice them it feels different cause they are there.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Grizzly Peak Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yeah! Get AA's first. Good idea though. Maybe a cave can be named after him. Or they could put up a tent camp somewhere, callin it Muir Camp or something.

• Senior Minion

I would love to see some humorous bear scenes added, something sort of Marc Davis style. Maybe one trying to catch a Salmon, one sitting and spinning on a geyser and one spitting water at you. Also more mine stuff could be added too, this could add humor or drama as well to the ride and more to look at.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney