• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Angry Another failed attempt at Fantasmic viewing...

Sorry in advance for the rant, but I need to vent.

We have tried several times to get balcony seating for Fantasmic - no luck. Finally we figure out we must do it exactly 30 days in advance, which is what I have been trying to do today for Saturday night October 15. I tried all morning long to get through - only receiving a busy signal for my efforts.

Finally, on the way back to work after lunch (late of course), a ring. My heart jumps! Ten more minutes of waiting pass, and I realize it isn't worth losing my job over. Just as I'm about to give up, an answer! Woohoo! There are 2 seats available for the 10:30pm showing, just what my sweetie and I wanted. I rush to the wallet to get the CC number, and I hear a groan on the other end. The CM, who was extremely patient and sweet, and who definitely deserves a FOCM button, sadly announces that 1 of the seats was already in the process of being sold. Ouch. We checked for Friday, and of course, same deal, only 1 left. She did offer the waterfront viewing; nice but not what we wanted.

I asked (politely, I might add) why the line was so busy, and she explained because the website had problems for the Halloween treat reservations, they had to take them over the phone. Great, I'll probably face that again if I try for tomorrow and Sunday night the 16th. Of course we have to go to work in Phoenix on Monday, so not sure how that will work......

I guess this experience isn't meant for anyone who can't sit by the phone all day exactly 30 days in advance to call.

I know, I am in the process of getting over it as I type, but it is really disappointing. However, with all that is going on in the world, this rant is so pathetically pointless and selfish. Sorry. Back to your regularly scheduled life........
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• I found my Prince!

Re: Another failed attempt at Fantasmic viewing...

Yeah I was on the phone all morning trying to get through for Halloween Treat tix. I was getting really frusterated

It gets better....

We decide to try for Sunday October 16, even though we shouldn't, because we have to be to work Monday in Phoenix.

I start calling at 7:45am, non stop, on speed dial. "We're not open yet, yada yada yada", until 7:59am, then it rings. Woohoo, I'm finally in! After 3 minutes on hold (it is now 8:02am for those keeping score at home), I get a CM.

The inevitable happens.....

It is already sold out! I can't understand this. The tickets were not available before this morning. How can it be sold out in 2 minutes? I was polite, but frustrated, and I asked who I could call to understand this situation more. I guess with only 21 seats it could go fast, and she explained that there is no limit to the number of seats a guest can buy (which I think is bad). I explained that I felt this was an elite experience that apparently is only open to those who know somebody, or those who have the ability to speeddial every day, or those locals who go often enough that it doesn't matter.

We are close enough to make a few trips a year, but I've about given up on ever being able to do this. There is nothing I could have done to get through faster, so I guess I'll be happy about saving the money and be done with my rant.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Do you MiceChat?

• Drunk On Disney

Thumbs up Re: Another failed attempt at Fantasmic viewing...

I was able to get in, but it took me 3 different mornings of calling before I was lucky enough to get through. One CM answered the phone and took his sweet time reading the description to me leading it to "sell out" as he spoke.

Here is my recommendation:
    Dial the number about 2 minutes before 8am. When you hear the recorded message saying they are still closed hang up and hit redial. Do this again and again until it rings when they answer just say (ex.) "Fantasmic Balcony Seating, 9pm, October 16 for 2 adults" Then wait with your credit card and read it fast (but clearly) when prompted.

The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

It worked for me, but it did take a couple days. Luckily I was flexible about which night I would attend.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    I was able to get in, but it took me 3 different mornings of calling before I was lucky enough to get through. One CM answered the phone and took his sweet time reading the description to me leading it to "sell out" as he spoke.

Here is my recommendation:
    Dial the number about 2 minutes before 8am. When you hear the recorded message saying they are still closed hang up and hit redial. Do this again and again until it rings when they answer just say (ex.) "Fantasmic Balcony Seating, 9pm, October 16 for 2 adults" Then wait with your credit card and read it fast (but clearly) when prompted.

The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

It worked for me, but it did take a couple days. Luckily I was flexible about which night I would attend.

Thanks for the advice; I did most of what you said, (redials, before 8am, etc) but didn't start right in asking for the seating. That is a good idea; I may try it next time, but right now I'm so frustrated about it that I'm not sure it is worth me trying. Thanks for replying though!
    "Search the boat...."

Do you MiceChat?