Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Question AP Birthday Gift Card

Ok, so I am aware that on my birthday I can obtain a gift card since I have an AP. I keep hearing about registering to get it, but do I really need to do that?

I've looked at the AP page and see no link to register to get a gift card specifically, it just takes me to the regular page where it states I will get an admission ticket. Along with that I saw nowhere in the FAQ that it is mandatory I register to obtain the gift card.

I have read that by registering it will expedite the process of getting the gift card, but that's it, I can still go to the park on my actual birthday and get it.

Yet, it doesn't tell me where I have to go or what I have to do to get it. Can someone help me on the details of this thing, because honestly I really haven't found it easy to find a link online specifically for AP's to register for the gift card.

• Can't get enough!

Re: AP Birthday Gift Card

Not sure about Disneyland but we went to WDW on my father-in-law's bday and all he had to do was go to the will call window and show his ID and they gave him the gift card. He hadn't preregistered or anything.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Closed Account

It is not mandatory to register, it is just recommended to save you a minute or two when you arrive at the Resort. If your birthday is in less than two weeks, don't bother because you won't receive the confirmation email anyway. To receive your Birthday Fun Card you can go to the ticket booths, City Hall, or the Guest Relations Lobby in DCA. I would recommend the Lobby because it is generally the least crowded of the three.

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the replies, I had been hearing I had to register but glad I don't.

If you want your B-day button too at the same time, go to City Hall or Guest relations in DCA .....
    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

• Sock Puppet

How much is the gift card for?

Is it usuable towards anything?

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Meettherobinson View Post
    How much is the gift card for?

Is it usuable towards anything?
    The Birthday Fun Card is the value of an admission ticket ($59 for ages 3-9 and $69 for ages 10+) and can be used on merchandise, guided tours, or Photopass Services by the birthday celebrant only. It can not be used on food.

It's called a "Fun card" instead of a "gift card" because it is not unloadable or reloadable. It does not expire until all of the money is gone.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Quote Originally Posted by kelkan View Post
    If you want your B-day button too at the same time, go to City Hall or Guest relations in DCA .....
    We were able to get a Birthday button along with the fun card at the ticket booth for DD. We had to wait there anyway for her friend to purchase her new AP. just bring your AP along with another form of ID to prove your birthdate and you will be golden.

• Not So New Member

Can't wait. Will be there on the 13th for my bday! and my fun card
    disney lady

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    It is not mandatory to register, it is just recommended to save you a minute or two when you arrive at the Resort. If your birthday is in less than two weeks, don't bother because you won't receive the confirmation email anyway. To receive your Birthday Fun Card you can go to the ticket booths, City Hall, or the Guest Relations Lobby in DCA. I would recommend the Lobby because it is generally the least crowded of the three.
    Do I have to get the fun card on the day of my birthday or can I get the card earlier at the ticket booths?

If anyone can answer this, let me know please.

• Vasooki-land Owner

If you're under 18 can a student ID work? Like from my school? Or will the AP work if they scan it in the computers? I dont want to have to take my birth-certificate along with me. Thats just plain dumb.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Talking Re: AP Birthday Gift Card

There is no need to register. Just go to guest services right outside the park gates when you get there. It is really easy. Just get there early, when I went, there was a long line.
    GREAT BLOG! It has great guides and photos and videos all about Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Walt Disney himself, Disney's films, Pixar, other movies, gadgets, and everything inbetween. Visit now!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasooki View Post
    If you're under 18 can a student ID work? Like from my school? Or will the AP work if they scan it in the computers? I dont want to have to take my birth-certificate along with me. Thats just plain dumb.
    I don't believe a student ID would work because it doesn't contain your DOB.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• A Weather Eye Open

Signing up definitely expedites the wait and the process. The ticket booths have been extraordinarily slow this year because it can take a while for them to get all your info into the computer when you show up to claim your birthday present. But as said above, do it more than 2 weeks ahead of time so you can get your confirmation email.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    Do I have to get the fun card on the day of my birthday or can I get the card earlier at the ticket booths?

If anyone can answer this, let me know please.
    Definitely you have to get it ON the day of your birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasooki View Post
    From the Disneyland website (Italics mine):

Q: What kind of identification do I need to show at the ticket booth?
    A: Proper valid identification would be a Driver's License including a photo, Government-issued Photo ID, or a Government-issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and don't have any of the above mentioned ID, an original or a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is required. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Signing up definitely expedites the wait and the process. The ticket booths have been extraordinarily slow this year because it can take a while for them to get all your info into the computer when you show up to claim your birthday present. But as said above, do it more than 2 weeks ahead of time so you can get your confirmation email.

Definitely you have to get it ON the day of your birthday.

From the Disneyland website (Italics mine):
    Thank you for answering my question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast