• Banned User

How long will it last?

As I was looking at the Dateline Disneyland update, I took notice of this little tidbit of info....
    Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland is still being converted into the upcoming Celebration Roundup and Barbeque, opening in April.
    So, that lead me to wonder, if it opens in April, how long will the Celebrate Today promotion last? If only until the end of the year, then the Jan-March birthday people will be missing out. If longer, like 2 years, then SCORE!!!!

Please let me know if I've missed the update on this little fact.....and then promptly slap me for being so lame.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: How long will it last?

If you're just talking about the BBQ, then yes, the Jan-March birthday folk are missing out.

But everything else that's used for this promotion has been in full swing (ie free on your birthday), I think.

EDIT: Even if the promotion ends at the end of this year, I doubt that they're going to close the BBQ.

• Banned User

Well the promotion is only for this year, but I'm sure the Celebration Roundup will still be in service long after that, maybe not as a Celebration thing, but as a permanete dining location.

• Banned User

I'm not specifically referring to the Celebration Roundup & BBQ. I'm asking how long is the whole Celebrate Today promotion going on? Until the end of 2010? The open date (April) of Celebration Roundup in Frontierland leads one to assume that Celebrate Today will be going on past 2009 to let those people who missed celebrating at the Celebration Roundup & BBQ a chance to be in on the fun during their birthday in Jan-Mar 2010. Does anyone have a definite answer? After all, Million Dreams lasted for a couple of years. It just seems silly to put all this effort into decor and stuff for the ENTIRE PARK for just one year.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

both the 50th and the "Year" of a Million Dreams lasted two years. And both were old in the second year. I loved the entire 50th celebration, but it grew tiresome.

That lends some credibility to Celebrate lasting more than just 2009. Though, 2010 is the 55th and if there is a theme, it will very likely based on that.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Banned User

Well everytime the marketing campaign is advertised, they say for this year only, so I highly doubt it will go on for more than a year esp with the 55th comming next year.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Well everytime the marketing campaign is advertised, they say for this year only, so I highly doubt it will go on for more than a year esp with the 55th comming next year.
    Yeah, the 55th is gonna be a huge deal and I think that they're gonna play that up big time.

OT: GAGA FANS UNITE!

• AW THERE U R.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post

you are right. they aren't planning this very well. They only just finished painting the signs in Disneyland. I'm pretty sure they are tying it all together with the 55th, but, the parade might not be all its looked up to be so POD is "gone" but not fully gone if you get my drift. The arena and the BBQ are both scheduled 4/2/09 opening.

• Minion

They might let the free admission on your birthday and the Celebrate decor to tie it in with "Celebrate 55 years of Disneyland Magic" for the annerversery!

They could save money!

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    They might let the free admission on your birthday and the Celebrate decor to tie it in with "Celebrate 55 years of Disneyland Magic" for the annerversery!

They could save money!

Yeah, I was just going to say something along the same lines. I don't know if they'll continue the free admission promotion, but I could definitely see "Celebrate!" making a fairly easy transition into the 55th birthday. I can see them changing some of the decor, but it wouldn't need to be overhauled necessarily, so some of the stuff they're doing now won't need to be redone through next year.