• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Most Memorable Disneyland Moments

Ok I'm curious here.. Everyone I'm sure has had a memorable moment at the mouse shrine where we all pay homage to the icon of tourism, entertainment, and fun. What is yours?

My most memorable moment involved the summer of 1987. I just graduated from high school and went down to the park for some fun before getting ready to go to college. While I was in line for the Matterhorn I noticed this red headed lady walk by me who I thought was a friend of mine from school. I reached out and tapped her as she walked by thinking 'well if this isn't her I'm going to feel very stupid', but as it turns out, it was her. This was her first time at the park and she had just gotten there with her family. Since I knew the park like the back of my hand I gave her a grand tour showing her all the in jokes and histories behind most everything in the park. That night we got on the Mark Twain and were playing tag on it til we got to the bend where the indian villiage is now. We collapsed onto one of the benches on the 3rd deck looking up at the full moon and listening to the music coming from videopolis and the sound of the paddlewheel. It was very romantic. I looked over at her and asked if it was ok if I kissed her. That was our first kiss. A few months later we were engaged. .

The most embarassing moment was a time when I was in line for Splash Mountain with my brother. I was in a pair of shorts leaning up against one of the railings when the line started to move. I stood up and started to go, but I didn't realize there was a nail head that was sticking a bit out from the railing and it had snagged the rear pocket on my pants. I will say this much for whatever company made those shorts.. the pockets were definatly sewed on good because as I started to move the entire rear end of those shorts stayed attached to that pocket. The people behind me started to laugh and I admit that I had to laugh a bit too at this. Fortunatly I had a windbreaker with me so I was able to tie that around my waist to cover my rear (fortunatly I wasn't going commando). After the ride I went over to first aid and asked for a band aid and showed them my shorts. The next thing that happened can only happen in Disneyland. The person in charge there asked what size shorts those were, and then went down to the clothing shop and gave me a new pair of shorts. She then called maintaince and had them go over and fix the nail in the railing and got guest relations to pay for my ruined shorts. Its just too bad that level of customer service declined in the park. To me thats what made it 'Disney'.

• e komo mai

Thumbs up Re: Most Memorable Disneyland Moments

This was a memorable moment I posted on another MC thread.
    On a Main St bench, the very popular Mickey Mouse set aside ten minutes of personal time with a five year old child in a wheelchair. A CM with him actually held back several hyper rugrats for the duration of the encounter. The child looked like she was burdened with MS but the expression on her face read otherwise. It was the look of sheer joy. Mickey sat the child on his lap as the child sang to him the Mickey Mouse Club song. It sounds like pure Cheese Whiz, but for ten minutes I truly believed in the Disney Magic. The child's mother and I stood there watching all teary eyed...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Most Memorable Disneyland Moments

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie

My most memorable moment involved the summer of 1987. I just graduated from high school and went down to the park for some fun before getting ready to go to college. While I was in line for the Matterhorn I noticed this red headed lady walk by me who I thought was a friend of mine from school. I reached out and tapped her as she walked by thinking 'well if this isn't her I'm going to feel very stupid', but as it turns out, it was her. This was her first time at the park and she had just gotten there with her family. Since I knew the park like the back of my hand I gave her a grand tour showing her all the in jokes and histories behind most everything in the park. That night we got on the Mark Twain and were playing tag on it til we got to the bend where the indian villiage is now. We collapsed onto one of the benches on the 3rd deck looking up at the full moon and listening to the music coming from videopolis and the sound of the paddlewheel. It was very romantic. I looked over at her and asked if it was ok if I kissed her. That was our first kiss. A few months later we were engaged. .
    I just got goosebumps after that. Are you two still married? Did you get married at Disneyland?

My favorite moment is the day I went their during my high school senior year for senior day. I had now chaperones and I was able to roam free throught the park by myself and do whatever I wanted.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I just got goosebumps after that. Are you two still married? Did you get married at Disneyland?

My favorite moment is the day I went their during my high school senior year for senior day. I had now chaperones and I was able to roam free throught the park by myself and do whatever I wanted.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

whoops I posted twice. Sorry. LOL

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler

Nope. We broke up on Valentines day 1990. She wanted to go up to Reno and get married that night. I said no because I wanted to wait til we were out of our parents homes and done with college. I felt that we were too young and if what was between us was real, 2 more years would just make us more certain. I was 21 at the time and she was 20. Plus I didn't want a cheap wedding with only the 2 of us.. I wanted the whole chabang with all our friends and families there. She broke up with me after I told her that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Nope. We broke up on Valentines day 1990. She wanted to go up to Reno and get married that night. I said no because I wanted to wait til we were out of our parents homes and done with college. I felt that we were too young and if what was between us was real, 2 more years would just make us more certain. I was 21 at the time and she was 20. Plus I didn't want a cheap wedding with only the 2 of us.. I wanted the whole chabang with all our friends and families there. She broke up with me after I told her that.

Oh.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

17 July 2005

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

More a day then a moment.I was 12 years old on july 4,1976 and was there to celebrate the bicentennial.It was very crowded and hot.Pirates queue was 2 hours that day.11 ticket book $6.50,I rode 4 E tickets,America sings,Pirates,Mansion,and Subs.3 D tickets,Mine train ride,Disney RR,Mark Twain.2 C tickets,Innerspace,autopia.1 B ticket Treehouse.
    If I lived to 112 I'll spend the tricentennial there too .2026 I'll be there for the 250th.
    Last edited by UncleTheodore; 10-01-2005 at 09:33 AM.

• Playtester

My favorite memory was the first time I took my kids to Disneyland. It was pouring rain and the park was empty. My kids were having a blast splashing in the puddles by its a small world. They got drenched, I got drenched, but I will never forget them smiling and laughing with me and we splashed around that whole park. I never let my kids go out in the rain and get that wet. (we had dry clothes and blankets in the car) And for me- the joy of walking up main street that first time and getting our APs. I had wanted to do that for so long, and I was thrilled I finally did it. My ap pass sure shows it.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Riding in the nosecone of the monorail and riding in the rump cone of the monorail.
    Also, riding in the caboose!
    And, there are a few teacup rides, plus this certain Alice ride.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore
    More a day then a moment.I was 12 years old on july 4,1976 and was there to celebrate the bicentennial.It was very crowded and hot.Pirates queue was 2 hours that day.11 ticket book $6.50,I rode 4 E tickets,America sings,Pirates,Mansion,and Subs.3 D tickets,Mine train ride,Disney RR,Skyway,Mark Twain.2 C tickets,Innerspace,autopia.1 B ticket Treehouse.
    If I lived to 112 I'll spend the tricentennial there too .2026 I'll be there for the 250th.

I was there that day too. . I remember that the park was so packed we couldn't move unless the person in front of us took a step. I was about to turn 7 so I really don't remember too much of the day. My grand parents took a bunch of stuff that the park had out to commeriate the bicentenial and put it in my scrapbook which I still have. Matches, paper plates, pins, a super 8 video of 'America On Parade', the picture disk LP of 'America on Parade'... a whole bunch of stuff.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional