• DLR Cast Member

Has there been a hiring freeze on TDA professional staffing.

Perhaps there's a TDA professional cast member that can contribute to this.

Does anyone know if Team Disney Anaheim is currently in a hiring freeze, or if they have recently downsized? I am an IT professional, and have been keeping an eye on the TDA board for years, in hopes of eventually getting an IT position at TDA. Of course, those jobs are few and far between. In the past 5 years, I've had two interviews for two separate IT positions. In the last one, I went in for three separate interviews, one with HR, one with an IT manager, and one with several members of that business unit's IT staff. Everything went well. The position came down to myself, who was excelently qualified, and an internal hire, who was minimally qualified. Well, unfortunately for me, the job went to the internal hire. Not to worry, I'm sure my time will eventually come.

Now, about once everry 2 or 3 weeks, I check the job boards, and there are usually about 15 or 20 positions on the board at any given time. But at the end of December, all jobs were removed. In the last few weeks, some part time and intern positions were posted, but no professional posisions. Hence, I'm curious if there has been a freeze on the hiring of any fulltime professional postions.

Does anyone know??

• Closed Account

Re: Has there been a hiring freeze on TDA professional staffing.

I don't know anything specific to your situation, however the following article makes it seem unlikely that there would be much hiring going on in TDA at the moment:

Disney offers buyouts to 600 executives - Los Angeles Times

• DLR Cast Member

Yes, I saw that story when it was first reported. I concur that this story supports the notion that there might in fact be a current moratorium on hiring, at least at the professional staffing level.

I'd love to see if we can get some confirmation on that from a current TDA cast member.

As for me, I'm in a pretty secure position economy-wise, so there's no hurry for me to leave. If they don't start hiring professional it positions for another year or two, I can easily wait that out.

• AW THERE U R.

There is a hiring freeze EVERYWHERE. It sucks because they are still letting people transfer. Ew. Disney's really hurting.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by EliteGCUnit View Post
    There is a hiring freeze EVERYWHERE. It sucks because they are still letting people transfer. Ew. Disney's really hurting.
    Although the Walt Disney Company has been adversely affected by the economy, I wouldn't say they're hurting. However, if they don't keep a lid on costs, there's a chance they could end up financially upside down. So it makes financial sense to trim wherever possible NOW, and not later, after the damage has been done.

As for transferring within, this usually makes sense in any market, even if there's a freeze. Internal hires tend to be better equipped than external ones.

Anyhoo, that's a bit of topic. I'm hoping a TDA professional cast member can give some confirmation to what appears to have been a hiring freeze on professional positions at TDA.