Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• surrealistic.

Re: First Small World Video!!!

Thanks for posting this video. The characters look amazing! I cannot wait to see them in person.

• Banned User

Dude I knew this was going to be not that big of a deal when people saw it. All that worry for nothing. It looks really great and can't wait to ride it soon!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Not a big fan of their attempt with Pinnochio, Arial, and Woody.

hahaha this cracks me up.

The ride looks fantastic - and it proved all the haters wrong.

Then, everyone thought Tony Baxter was lying, and Disney once again proved the haters wrong.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scottk View Post

Then, everyone thought Tony Baxter was lying, and Disney once again proved the haters wrong.
    Actually, Disney has proven the people you call "haters" right. See how pointless this is....? Guess the redo says a lot about how far society has fallen that they don't even have the integrity to understand the meaning of IASW and its purpose anymore. While I'm at it I'll brainwash myself and reserve a ticket to purchase that new IASW stitch doll at the exit that everyone is wanting...
    Last edited by Seawolf; 02-05-2009 at 06:26 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scottk View Post

you can't prove someone's taste wrong. to each his own.

I was surprised to hear that the american scene was an old concept. Even tho concept art was missing for a while, it made perfect sense tho. how could IASW not be designed without a western scene when walt disney is your boss. come on. the man was a western fan boy. hahaha, i love you walt. but I wished they kept it to the original concept art and not add woody and jessie to the scene. and trust me, i love toy story. watched it 50+ times. I can tell you where animation could be cleaned up. but it would have been much nicer to treat us with an original disneyland idea created 45 years ago to come alive today in its original concept. I mean wow. that would have been so cool.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Senior Minion

Re: IASW preview on LAtimes

Fellow Imagineer Tony Baxter accidentally discovered the sketch at a recent Comic-Con event.
    Anybody who buys that story without requiring further evidence to support it, please let me know -- I got 100 acres of prime swamp land to sell you.

And a bridge.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Fancy that...

Even though they did a great job, I don't think the "haters" were proved wrong. I've never supported the idea of these changes, no matter how well done it is, it's still a horrible idea to me...just my two cents.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Love how branding people a hater based on their opinion is acceptable.....

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    you can't prove someone's taste wrong. to each his own.

I was surprised to hear that the american scene was an old concept. Even tho concept art was missing for a while, it made perfect sense tho. how could IASW not be designed without a western scene when walt disney is your boss. come on. the man was a western fan boy. hahaha, i love you walt. but I wished they kept it to the original concept art and not add woody and jessie to the scene. and trust me, i love toy story. watched it 50+ times. I can tell you where animation could be cleaned up. but it would have been much nicer to treat us with an original disneyland idea created 45 years ago to come alive today in its original concept. I mean wow. that would have been so cool.
    I think we're all surprised the America scene is an old concept, and despite the concept art that Tony Baxter supposedly discovered at Comic Con, I'm still not sold that it was actually an original concept for the show.

How could "it's a small world" be designed without a Western/American scene? Because America is the host country for the show.

Re-Imagineering explained America's absence from the show quite well:
    A World of Tears
    In consciously excluding a large scale U.S.A.-land from It’s a Small World (a lone cowboy and indian in the finale was just enough), the original show writers were asking American audiences to step away from their own national consciousness and take stock in the wider world around them. It’s a Small World was never about nationalistic fervor. It was about finding our common humanity outside our own borders.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Actually, Disney has proven the people you call "haters" right. See how pointless this is....? Guess the redo says a lot about how far society has fallen that they don't even have the integrity to understand the meaning of IASW and its purpose anymore. While I'm at it I'll brainwash myself and reserve a ticket to purchase that new IASW stitch doll at the exit that everyone is wanting...
    That stitch doll isn't a Small World-branded item. I've seen them around since 2007.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    That stitch doll isn't a Small World-branded item. I've seen them around since 2007.
    Already know that. You didn't understand what I meant.

• Storyteller

At this point, I'm buying Tony Baxter's story. I just can't see him lying. Call me unrealistic, but I don't think the man can do much wrong.

• Wishing I was at Disney.

The characters are really cute. I really love the Alice and White Rabbit. I can't wait to go on this on my next vist.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcrlvr98/ pictures from the place were happyness happens everyday and were I love to stay.

• disneyland = my anti drug

I think it turned out great. from what I can see in the video.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast