Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Opinions of the Updated Small World from before the opening

i'm still not quite sure how i feel about the whole thing..and i won't have my final opinion on it until i actually ride IASW myself in march...but i really like the look of the Alice in Wonderland doll

ADMIN NOTE:

This is a thread for general comments on the Small World attraction reopening today at Disneyland. General comments will be moved from our official review thread into this thread. Thank you all for your help in keeping the review thread as clean as possible so our readers can quickly scan for pictures, news, and reviews.

The official thread is located here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/111442-reviews-new-small-world-disneyland-post-here.html

What do you think of the new Small World from what you've seen so far?

-Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-05-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Banned User

I think I am one of the biggest "dis-nerds" on this website and I understand the concerns of most long term fans in regards to the changes being implemented at IASW. But remember.. even Walt acknowledge the park had to change and "get better" over time. Change is inevitable. Sad but necesary at times.

I have been eagerly awaiting myself to see the results of this make-over, but having seen the IASW version at HKDL, where these changes were already implemented since opening day, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the way they did this. The characters are not quite "in your face" and are in similar doll-style to the rest of the performer dolls. They did a very good job and added an element of 'fun and seek' to that ride. So much so that it took me about 6 rides on that attraction to actually find all of the characters. Some were very hidden.

I respect everyone's point of view on this, but hold your opinions until you see the finished product. Maybe you will be as pleasantly surprised as I was when I rode the HKDL IASW version.. If not, then I can respect your displeasure with it as well.

EDIT! Ok, got to see the repost link posted by Outlander.. now I am even more excited about this.. They do not have those Alice, white rabbit or Cinderella and mice dolls in HKDL.. so maybe the DL version will be quite unique as well.. so that is reason to celebrate.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-05-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Opinions and Pictures of the Updated Small World

As a die-hard fan of *small world* for all my life, I am excited about all the changes that are to come. For me, the added Disney dolls and new soundtrack will only enhance the pleasure I already have when I go on this attraction.

And just seeing the Alice & White Rabbit dolls make me feel even more at ease knowing that the *look* will be subtle, yet effective. Come on, everyone, lighten up and embrace these changes...ENJOY IT!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Opinions and Pictures of the Updated Small World

if only I lived next to Disneyland I'd be there today trying to talk my way into the ride with my tight muscle tees and "charm". Oh i want the new soundtrack on my ipod so bad right now.

And the freakin white rabbit on the ride is soooo FREAKIN ADORABLE i want to take him home. I hope there's merchandise featuring him. Oh my gawd he's so freakin adorable!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I feel like a kid at Christmas time just waiting to open my presents!

I can't wait to see the updated IASW, someone post photos or a video as soon as possible before I go crazy with anticipation!!!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The Cinderella at HKDL is her in the ballgown with the prince. The one at DL is going to be her in her rags with Gus & Jaq. So that's definitely different.

And I have to admit I like the look of the White Rabbit. I'd like a plushie of him in that style.

Did anyone watch the AP video Al posted on the MiceAge front page? Seeing all the AA's completely still while work was going on was kind of creepy.

I can't wait. I heading over there after work tonight!

• I'm not really here

Ok, the dolls look really good, I can't fault them on that. But if that is "subtle" then I am almost scared to ask what blatant looks like.

And the reporter says that the American scene was in the original by Mary Blair. Is there any way to confirm this? If so, what happened to it? Did Walt nix it because we are in America? Just curious.

I'm going to withhold final judgment till I can actually see the new stuff in context rather than through a camera lens.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Since I don't know when I'll be able to go next, I'm basing my opinion off the video I saw. I adore it, I think the ride looks fantastic. The dolls are great.

• Sock Puppet

I'd like a plushie of him in that style.

Which basically means WDI set out what it accomplished to do for TDA at the expense of this attraction.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Reviews of New "Small World" at Disneyland - Post HERE

I can't wait to see what they think!

As for myself I plan on stopping by after work -- rain gear in hand.

I'll let you all know my opinion only after that.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by OTownGuy View Post
    I'd like a plushie of him in that style.

Which basically means WDI set out what it accomplished to do for TDA at the expense of this attraction.
    Exactly.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Re: Small World Re-Opening Ceremony and Ride-Thru

Can't wait to see the pics! Awesome!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Small World Re-Opening Ceremony and Ride-Thru

OH MY GAWD I wish I was there. Can't wait to see more. The video over at the Los Angeles Times spoiled everything but still can't wait to see everything over and over and over again.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I seem to recall on our last non-holiday lay over visit that IASW was a walk on ride with maybe a 5-10 minute wait at times. I'm just glad that the new additions are getting people excited to ride this ride all over again! Regardless if there will be plushies for sale or not!
    Foolish Mortal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast