Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Re: Random Acts of Kindness at Disneyland

A long time ago back in the summer of 2003 when we came back home on vacation from Oklahoma, I was really into California Screamin. I had ridden it 7 times that day, and while I was about to get in line, a father with a couple of kids walked up to me and offered me a fastpass to go on it since one of his kids didn't want to go on it. So I took the offer, and got to go on it again. That was very nice of the man, now that I look back.

• Lady & The Tramp

I don't have really any great experiences like any one of you.

But as a former castmember they would us teach us the Disney Way!

may 2008 we just got off buzzlighyear ride and noticed my daughter lost one of her pins.we went back twice but no one found it then we went into the store and a cm helped us she went to the pins took the pin my daughter lost off the rack and gave it to her.she told me mickey can spair it.

• Sock Puppet

Sure, we do the everyday stuff like wishing folks a happy birthday because they were wearing their buttons and we always thank the CM's for their fine work, but this is probably our favorite example of a "random act of kindness":

We were talking with a young couple while waiting in line for the Monorail a few years back. He was clean-cut and looked to be military. Turned out they were on their honeymoon. They looked to be in their early 20's. Nice kids!

We continued talking with them while enroute to the T-Land station. They really didn't have any plans for their brief trip to the Park, and it sounded like they didn't have much in the way of a budget for it either. A trip to DL was it for their honeymoon (nothing wrong with that!).

He was a newly hired police officer (my career is LE) and she was trying to be a teacher.

As we were going our seperate ways, I asked them if they wanted to have lunch with us later on that day. They said sure. I told them to meet us in front of the Blue Bayou at a certain time later that day.

They were waiting for us when we got there. They were concerned about the prices at the BB. I told them don't worry about it, that lunch was on us. A wedding present. After some convincing, they reluctantly agreed.

They started to walk into the waiting side of the BB lobby, but then I told them that we weren't eating there. They had a funny look on their faces, and then the door to Club 33 opened. I invited them to follow us in. Their jaws dropped! hehe

They had heard about the Club, but had never been inside.

We enjoyed a very nice meal with them. We exchanged info and they went to enjoy the rest of their special w/e. We've kept in touch with them and have met them a few times at the Park since then.

Sure, we know they enjoyed our meal together, but we also felt good about being a part of their special w/e.

Ok...hands down..that has to be the nicest random acts of kindness...I am sure they will never forget that!! What a wonderful memory to give them!

As I was leaving Space Mountain some random guy came up to me and asked me if I wanted all his game tokens as he was leaving and didn't need them. Gave me the fuzzies inside.

• Former DLR Cast Member

Back in the summer of 2001, I spent a week at the DLR alone. (Minus one day where a friend came up to spend a few hours with me)

Well, during that week I spent quite a bit of time in the Starcade. Mostly playing Crazy Taxi, jumping occasionaly to the classic Star Wars, Tron, or some of my other favorite games. During a high scoring round of Crazy Taxi, a Cm, who was working the Starcade at the time, came up to watch. We began taking turns playing the game trying to max out the score. As the week progressed whenever I would show up at the Starcade, he would pump Crazy Taxi full of free credits, and we would go to town.

I always thought that was nice of him. It made what was a rather lonely week (though still great, I mean it's Disneyland...), more of a "friend"ly experience.
    "Always say 'Yes' first... then figure out how to do it."

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

My group and I were about to watch the fireworks right in front of the castle and we let two little girls sit with us so they can see. It was their second time watching it, but the first time they saw it they were in the middle of Main St. and wasn't able to see Tink. Their mom was so thankful and she kept telling us that we were sweethearts. It was a good evening.

Great thread!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hbwriter View Post
    This is sorta related, but when I went with my school a while back, my friends were obsessive about getting to Space Mountain to get a fastpass first thing. On the way, I stopped to help a lady in a wheelchair get down the MS curb, and my friends ditched me because they said I was too slow. It took me half an hour to find them!
    Apparently you have mistaken these people for your friends

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

One thing I always do and not just at the park. After I dry my hands in the restroom, I always pull or crank down paper for the next person to dry their hands with. (When my hands are clean but wet I hate having to fiddle with a knob to get to the paper.) I know this is a VERY small thing, but if someone did it for me it would make me happy. A small, simple act of random kindness.

My husband and I went for our honeymoon in June 2005. I bought the wedding ears and wore them all week, and everyone was SO nice. CM's pulled us to the front of the line or let us go through the FP line. We would get random discounts on food and souvenirs. And the hour plus wait at Goofy's Kitchen became 10 minutes, along with a discount on our bill with a note that said "Congratulations, love Goofy".

It made our week really fun.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    One thing I always do and not just at the park. After I dry my hands in the restroom, I always pull or crank down paper for the next person to dry their hands with. (When my hands are clean but wet I hate having to fiddle with a knob to get to the paper.) I know this is a VERY small thing, but if someone did it for me it would make me happy. A small, simple act of random kindness.

I'm one that appreciates your act of kindness!

I'd thank you for the numerous times that I have taken advantage of your generosity, but since your username indicates that you just might be female, I'd wage that you were not the one that has left the paper in a ready to use position in the men's room's that I have used!

Oh well... What the heck, Thank You VERY much!

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Sure, we do the everyday stuff like wishing folks a happy birthday because they were wearing their buttons and we always thank the CM's for their fine work, but this is probably our favorite example of a "random act of kindness":

We were talking with a young couple while waiting in line for the Monorail a few years back. He was clean-cut and looked to be military. Turned out they were on their honeymoon. They looked to be in their early 20's. Nice kids!

We continued talking with them while enroute to the T-Land station. They really didn't have any plans for their brief trip to the Park, and it sounded like they didn't have much in the way of a budget for it either. A trip to DL was it for their honeymoon (nothing wrong with that!).

He was a newly hired police officer (my career is LE) and she was trying to be a teacher.

As we were going our seperate ways, I asked them if they wanted to have lunch with us later on that day. They said sure. I told them to meet us in front of the Blue Bayou at a certain time later that day.

They were waiting for us when we got there. They were concerned about the prices at the BB. I told them don't worry about it, that lunch was on us. A wedding present. After some convincing, they reluctantly agreed.

They started to walk into the waiting side of the BB lobby, but then I told them that we weren't eating there. They had a funny look on their faces, and then the door to Club 33 opened. I invited them to follow us in. Their jaws dropped! hehe

We enjoyed a very nice meal with them. We exchanged info and they went to enjoy the rest of their special w/e. We've kept in touch with them and have met them a few times at the Park since then.

Sure, we know they enjoyed our meal together, but we also felt good about being a part of their special w/e.

WINNER!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

i second that.WINNER

• Sock Puppet

Thanks, but the true "WINNER'S" are those that have mentioned stuff that they do on a daily/regular basis.

Daily kindness, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, means a lot more to more folks than just our one act ever could.

Sure, this particular act was over the top, but not part of our daily acts of kindness, I assure you! LOL

We'll stick with the "thank you's" to the CM's, the picking up of trash when we see it and wishing other guests a happy birthday when we see them wearing their button.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast