Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Smile Re: Random Acts of Kindness at Disneyland

Because my kids are teens now, and we always split up, I miss them being little and being held by magical Disneyland and all it's splendor. So when it's just my husband and I, we people watch, and watch what is going on around us, when we stand in line, or how we get on a ride. If there are lil ones behind us, we will say, you get in the front, and we'll take the back, so they can see better. I don't like being in front of smaller children.

Also, once on Pirate's Lair last summer, we just came out of a cave, my husband took a pic of me, and a mom was looking for her boy, and was getting quite scared. I couldn't quite get up where the kids up on the top were, so one kid was looking down, and I asked him to look for a child with a certain type of shirt on, and tell him how to get down.. He found him,and tried to get him to come down because his mom was frightened he was lost. I went in part way, and helped him back.

I love to make things magical for kids. I sometimes wish I could work there, and it would be great to make people's day!! I remember how kind people where with me, by myself and a stroller with two kids 1 and 1/2 years apart, changing diapers in the bathroom... hah! It was hard, to keep an eye on one, to not have him run off while changing the other. A cast member was always there to help! I really think that makes anyone's day!

Vickie
    ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Random Acts of Kindness at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    the true "WINNER'S" are those that have mentioned stuff that they do on a daily/regular basis.
    That's such a good point. I'm going to try to trip more small children, just so I can help them up.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Disneyland Fanatic

The greatest act of kidness in Disneyland for me was a CM. Me and my mom have been searching for Peter Pan every time we go there and we always seem to miss him. :[ On our last trip in October (We don't get to go very much because we live like 7 hours away) we went up to a CM and asked if she knew Peter Pan would come out. She said she would find out and she led us into a nearby store on Main Street and the went straight to a phone. She went onto this whole schpeal about Peter Pan drinking too many cups of Tea and staying up too late. She said he was napping, because he had to prepare for the Parade Of Dreams. She was very apologetic, but gave us the times that Wendy Darling would be out. She then asked us if we like the Peter Pan ride and we talked to her about it and she told us a little of her background and where she lived. She took us to the Peter Pan ride where there was a 45 minute wait and led us straight to the front. She then gave us these Tinker Bell pins and made us jump up and down to see if we could fly.

Those are the experiences that make Disneyland so special.
    :]
    Walt Disney - "All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them..."

• Disneyland Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jdmedina1 View Post
    The greatest act of kidness in Disneyland for me was a CM. Me and my mom have been searching for Peter Pan every time we go there and we always seem to miss him. :[ On our last trip in October (We don't get to go very much because we live like 7 hours away) we went up to a CM and asked if she knew Peter Pan would come out. She said she would find out and she led us into a nearby store on Main Street and the went straight to a phone. She went onto this whole schpeal about Peter Pan drinking too many cups of Tea and staying up too late. She said he was napping, because he had to prepare for the Parade Of Dreams. She was very apologetic, but gave us the times that Wendy Darling would be out. She then asked us if we like the Peter Pan ride and we talked to her about it and she told us a little of her background and where she lived. She took us to the Peter Pan ride where there was a 45 minute wait and led us straight to the front. She then gave us these Tinker Bell pins and made us jump up and down to see if we could fly.

Those are the experiences that make Disneyland so special.

Walt Disney - "All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them..."

• I don't know him!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmedina1 View Post
    (We don't get to go very much because we live like 7 hours away)
    7 hours?! Oh, you poor thing!

• Disneyland Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire FURY View Post
    7 hours?! Oh, you poor thing!
    well,
    me and my mom managed to fly there...
    hehe.
    30 minutes is a lot better then driving for 7.
    haha.
    at least I got to make it out 2 times in 2008.
    when we do though it is for a week.

I probebly wont be back till 2010 in february for my 16th birthday...
    :/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123