Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: No more astro Orbitor?

It's about time they admitted the decade old mistake and brought the Rocket Jets back to the center stage, high above Tomorrowland. Let's hope this is the first step in fixing the inevitable sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    The astro orbitor will never be moved to the people mover platform as the old platform cannot support the weight of the new attractions.
    The Observatron which currently sits on top of the Peoplemover platform is really just the old Rocket Jets mechanism covered by the 1998 overlay. I assume Disney could remove the overlay and bring back the Rocket Jets.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Since this is micechat, you will quickly learn that what your child may like and find fun is really pointless compared to what other people liked as children years ago. Until your child learns to post on the internet, their opinions are sadly meaningless here.

The difference here is that the Astro Orbiter / Rocket Jets are enjoyed by the older crowd also. We just hate that it's on the ground level.

Again, Mr Liver, you put your own negative spin on it when its not necessary.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

>>The Observatron which currently sits on top of the Peoplemover platform is really just the old Rocket Jets mechanism covered by the 1998 overlay. I assume Disney could remove the overlay and bring back the Rocket Jets.<<

Precisely. Why not use the Astro-Orbitor refurbishment and maintenence money toward restoring the Rocket Jets instead?

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by brassplayer View Post
    The Observatron which currently sits on top of the Peoplemover platform is really just the old Rocket Jets mechanism covered by the 1998 overlay. I assume Disney could remove the overlay and bring back the Rocket Jets.
    As I understand it there are issues with the drive shaft up there, as well as the seismic readiness of the platform itself.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

>>As I understand it there are issues with the drive shaft up there, as well as the seismic readiness of the platform itself.<<

Past time to fix it already, then. Let's get it done, boys.

• The line's too long...

Good riddance Astro Orbiter, and take your rocks with you.
    My kids rode AO once and were unimpressed. One flat ride spinner is enough for the park, and Dumbo fulfills that role just fine. AO has no connection to any movie or product, so it fails the synergy test that the park goes for these days in pushing sales.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I rode it twice yesterday in the rain... hahaha!!!

so awesome!

Mr. Livi, wow...what a jerk comment. He is one angry dude....funny someone is asking for a Source on a Disney Forum....and they wont pay for DCA lol...

As long as they replace with something else, i dont mind.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>As I understand it there are issues with the drive shaft up there, as well as the seismic readiness of the platform itself.<<

Past time to fix it already, then. Let's get it done, boys.
    I very much agree! I would love to see it back up where it belongs. Being that high really added to the thrill of the Rocket Jets and it served as a great visual to pull you INTO the land instead of stopping you at the entrance.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Warm Hugging Anna

But how could they bring the rockets back. 2 of them are in the Buzz Lightyear shop. And who knowes where the others are. I remember when I was a kid I when on them they where cool. The only reason I don't go on them anymore is cause of my fear of highs and the way they spin I will get sick real fast. That is one reason I don't go on the Tea cups or Dumbo.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    But how could they bring the rockets back. 2 of them are in the Buzz Lightyear shop. And who knowes where the others are. I remember when I was a kid I when on them they where cool. The only reason I don't go on them anymore is cause of my fear of highs and the way they spin I will get sick real fast. That is one reason I don't go on the Tea cups or Dumbo.
    The Orbitron on top of the old People Mover platform IS the old Rocket Jets. They would just need to manufacture some new rockets and do some maintenance (if they wanted to use the old mechanism and not replace it).
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Don't forget that they need to add a new elevator as well.

• Banned User

Taking them out, at this point, without the intent of putting them in the back of TL is a massive mistake. They need something up front to draw people in. I do agree with getting rid of the rocks, however.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Don't forget that they need to add a new elevator as well.

Mission:Space light, anyone? I loved the elevators of the original attraction. It was really what added to the fun of going on a launch. Something that is SORELY missing in the current version. And plus... it was way up high. I didn't care that I could see outside of Disneyland.... just as long as I was on the INSIDE looking outward. Rather than the opposite.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast