Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Queen Elsa

Re: No more astro Orbitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The Orbitron on top of the old People Mover platform IS the old Rocket Jets. They would just need to manufacture some new rockets and do some maintenance (if they wanted to use the old mechanism and not replace it).

If it's the thing I'm thinking of I never knew that thing was the jets themself. I knew about the ones in Buzz's as well as 2 I think it's 2 of the cars for the people mover. It could be 4. Dose anyone have a picture of what I think your talking about. Another words is it that thing that plays music at times and spins around???

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

If they do decide to place this back on top of the old station, I hope they change the angle of the rockets when they're at ground level. This is part of the reason why I won't ride it, just because it's hard to get in and out of them when your rocket is slightly tilted. Dumbo doesn't have a problem with this, so I don't see why the rockets do.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    If it's the thing I'm thinking of I never knew that thing was the jets themself. I knew about the ones in Buzz's as well as 2 I think it's 2 of the cars for the people mover. It could be 4. Dose anyone have a picture of what I think your talking about. Another words is it that thing that plays music at times and spins around???

YUP, it's called the Observatron.

Me and my friends who have our minds in the gutter call it something else.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

yes. above the people mover station

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Your thinking of the old ride vehicles which were attached to the ends of the arms of the rotating mechanism. several of the old ones were used as theming in the Rocket Rods/Shop area. Those are easily manufactured. They could probably even use the current rockets from the Astro Orbitor if they wanted.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Queen Elsa

Then I am confuse?? I know they may not be any pictures of it being that old but can someone if you have it get a picture of the old rocket and what it is now. I guess I was thinking of the vehicles themselfs. Sorry about this.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

I am not even sure the state would let them put it back. Trying to make the rotating platform stable at that height would take some massive engineering. I assume it could be done, but I bet the cost would be prohibitive. I would guess that they would have to tear the whole thing up and sink a massive foundation to act as a counterweight and continue the stress path all the way up.

The state would require them to engineer it as if all the rockets were fully elevated as a 7+ earthquake hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Then I am confuse?? I know they may not be any pictures of it being that old but can someone if you have it get a picture of the old rocket and what it is now. I guess I was thinking of the vehicles themselfs. Sorry about this.

You are confusing the old torn out Rocket Jets. The rockets were in the queue of Rocket Rods (not Buzz). Same location but not the same if you know what I mean.

A retrofitted platform / observatron could easily handle the current Astro Orbitor back on the top. But there are rumblings and rumors about a new idea for that top area.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9WbnfQJWoU
    Me riding the Astro Orbitor.

Video by Sir Didymus

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I really hope they don't remove that ride. On my first trip to Disneyland that was the first ride I rode on and I still love it.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Done with MC.

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I really hope they don't remove that ride. On my first trip to Disneyland that was the first ride I rode on and I still love it.
    And it's the first ride my son wants to go on every time we enter the park.
    I really cant believe they would take it out ~ it's always got a good size line when we go.

BTW, Datameister's question wasn't answered - IE; Source of this rumor?

• Queen Elsa

This is what your talking about right. These are in the Buzz Lightyear Shop.

And this is the cars from the old People mover

• I'm not really here

Rocket Jets
    Observatron

The red central part and the white arms coming off of it and pointing down are what make up the bulk of the observatron. They added lots of little doo-dads to the Observatron to make it look significantly different, but it is the exact same mechanical components that used to be the ride.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

As long as the Astro Orbitor goes back up onto it's original platform again, that'll be a good change. I don't mind having it where it is now... but it's just a guest flow/logistical nightmare and it always has been.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Done waiting!!

Not to be a downer, but noones said anything about the rockets returning to their old platform. It sounds like this was a maintenance decision, not phase 1 of WDI redoing TL. I certainly hope they prove me wrong but for now I'm not holding my breath.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast