Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

2/4: No Sleep for 23Hrs: A Kuzcochik Trip Report

So a couple weeks ago, Darkwing Chuck and I were talking about his birthday and how it was lame that he might have to miss out on all the free stuff at the parks b/c his b-day was on a Wednesday. We got to thinking about it and realized that Wed is one of the few days I don’t have class and he also might be able to get it off work.

What became of this was the idea of a turn around trip. A crazy crazy turn around trip. We would leave at 5am and get back home that same night.

And that we did! We hopped in my car and took off to the wonderful land of California.

Here’s a random motorcycle we saw at the Flying J near state line. It has something scrawled on it about going to the “Jay Leno Show” to recreate a motorcycle jump. It was very odd.

Once we got to the park, (after getting Darkwing Chuck’s “fun card”) our first stop was Toon Town, which was a little strange. Usually we head toward Space or Indy so deviation was weird. After a quick spin w/ Roger and a ride w/ Gadget, we went to Mickey’s house

I love the titles of the books in here

Mickey had been at the front of his house but had to head back to the barn so that was where we met him. Standing in line for the least energetic Mickey ever, we encountered a cast member leaning against a box, texting and glaring at like everyone who walked by and a photopass person who only took a pic w/ our camera and also gave us disapproving looks *shrug*
    I know right? Well let’s just focus on the fact that there are actually pics that have both me and Darkwing Chuck in this TR.

We decided to head for Space Mountain but got caught up watching Jedi
    Darth Vader says “You and you’re little Jedis are going down!”

Vader v Yoda!

Okay, so watching Jedi too many times, I found out a while back, that while Vader’s challenging the Jedi Masters, Darth Maul heads up the pathway that leads to the stage. We were standing just at the end of it and as I snapped a pic I realized he was coming at me. He got up, pretty much right in my face and gave me the scariest look. He licked his teeth too in an “I’m going to eat you face” kind of manner. I laughed nervously for a second and then just squeaked out “hi!” He was not amused so he glared some more and then headed back.

A bunch of guests and the CM that were nearby started laughing and we all talked about the crankiness of the dark side. Later Darkwing Chuck and I decided that I should have made fun of him for being beat by a bunch of kids The Darth’s were defeated and the Storm Troopers made their way up the walk way toward their escape exit into the Tomorrowland Terrace kitchen. Again I snapped a pic and one of them came toward me. He looked away and then swung back holding his gun at me. I was caught off guard and yelped which caused a large group of guests around us to start laughing. I walked away shouting “apparently I upset the Dark Side today” which caused more laughter

After Space we headed over to DCA and ran into… HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. Eww!
    Actually we ran into Stitch.

Luckily we were the last group he got to see

Cause it was lunch time and Stitch was hungry

The main reason we had headed to DCA (besides the fact that we actually like it) was that I decided to surprise Darkwing Chuck for his birthday and take him for lunch at Ariel’s Grotto.

The Ariel they had was cute, but her voice was high and Snow White like

We hadn’t been to Ariel’s in a while and I really miss the old options. For instance you get this weird appetizer tower (as we called it) instead of picking an appetizer. Also they took away my favorite pasta thing they had (though their chicken was good)

“What’s up Doc?”

We also had a lovely view of construction and the drained lake (pretty much every princess commented on it)

So then the princesses came around. First up was Snow White

Then it was Belle

And then Aurora. The funny thing about Belle & Aurora was that when they came up to us it was like the Princess role disappeared. Like they were talking to us normally but they were dressed as princesses. It was very strange.

Cinderella on the other hand did a very very good job of treading on that line between “I’m the real character” & “you know I’m not”

She was my favorite princess of the day!!

Overall Ariel's was okkay. The good was pretty good but I liked having choices and I miss my pasta. Our server was actually really attentive and very nice but service was still slow and the place is just to expensive to visit except on special occasions I guess.

After Mania & Screamin we headed back to the Backlot for some Tower. It was creepy cause with so few people there the boiler room just looked spooky

All right, this is a short TR cause it’s only one day but I’m still going to make you wait for part two! Cause I’m evil like that.

• The Dudester

Re: 2/4: No Sleep for 23Hrs: A Kuzcochik Trip Report

Good report so far! The Star Wars stuff is hilarious! Can't wait to see more!

• Circle of Ancients

Great pix so far. Crazy turn-around trips are fun!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

You are evil and that is why I adore you. Now get Part II up quickly or I may have to hurt you.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Very cool. Glad you made the DarkSide only mad enough to not kill you.

• I'm not really here

Great report! Love the photos so far. We've had that same thing happen to us with Belle at Ariel's Grotto before.

I love ToT when there is no one there. That boiler room really can get very creepy!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• aka the scorpion eater!

Omg arent marathon trips awesome... so 23 hours as from the title... is that the best you can do... LOL [I am not being mean, just joking for a moment]!

I did 36 hours one time... no joke! We got up in the morning on the end of our halloween trip at 6am, then we made a whole day at the parks then drove back to Phoenix after park closing, then made it back in the early morning and then I had work until 6pm... then I was finally able to get home and get some sleep!

And now that I think about it the first part of our Haunt trip was also marathon... I got up for work on Thursday at 6am, then went home to pack, left for cali and got there Friday morning, spent the day getting ready before haunt, then did a whole night of Hunt until 2:30 to 3am when I finally got 3 hours of sleep before Disney! Come to think of it... that was more than 36 hours in itself! I dont sleep on Disney trips apparently!

But you all look good in those photos and not so dead... I think its the Disney magic and all that "having fun" stuff that seems to go on at the parks!

And omg the Flying J by the stateline is always a stop we make... the gas is so much cheaper than in Blythe!

But great pics... Ariels is awesome but the new menu and prices has turned us off from doing it again!... Glad you had fun!
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Excellent! Disneyland is the only thing that makes driving across that desert worthwhile!!!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Another great KC report, I love it!! I can't wait for what comes out next from the great mind of KuzcoChik!!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    You are evil and that is why I adore you. Now get Part II up quickly or I may have to hurt you.
    Who do you think I learned it from my dear ? I'll put the rest up tonight when I get home from working the Suns game (can you wait that long?)

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Very cool. Glad you made the DarkSide only mad enough to not kill you.
    I think they sensed enough of it in me to not take me out. The Good side of the force is lame, Dark side's too much fun

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    Omg arent marathon trips awesome... so 23 hours as from the title... is that the best you can do... LOL [I am not being mean, just joking for a moment]!

And omg the Flying J by the stateline is always a stop we make... the gas is so much cheaper than in Blythe!
    You are definitely more hardcore than me. Funny part was after I got home I felt like i was on my 80th wind. Then I laid down and I was totally out!
    And Flying J for the win. Best part is there's always some weird story that comes out of this place.

I'm just gonna say it... ZONIES RULE!!!
    Posting the rest tonight

• Banned User

I really like that Tower shirt...

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report, can't wait to see the rest!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Indiana Scott

Wink Re: 2/4: No Sleep for 23Hrs: A Kuzcochik Trip Report

Great TR ~ you guys are such a cute couple. The first time I ever brought my future wife to DLR she was about your ages. Ah what memories!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

LAME! No fair that you posted only half! I'm waiting with baited breath for the rest...

Looking forward to the remainder of your pics... always good and the commentary rocks!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Great TR ~ you guys are such a cute couple. The first time I ever brought my future wife to DLR she was about your ages. Ah what memories!
    I state this (cause I always have to at some point or another), we're not a couple just good friends. It's a common mistake.

We joked about telling the cast members we were brother and sister just to be jerks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast