Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocket Rods 2.0

Rocket Rods 2.0

hi everybody!!!
    so who would like to see disney put some money into it , not screw it over completly and rebuild the ROCKET RODS!!! i think done right with banked turns scenes that make sense and look good, better vehichles maybe a wider track to make it have a better seating aragment. i think this ride missed out if test track had the budget cuts ,which is what should of happened people GO THERE CAUSE ITS DISNEYWORLD YOU DON'T TAKE MONEY FROM THE PROJECT THAT NEEDS IT THE MOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha got a little side tracked anyways. . . we need something up there i think that while the people mover would be great that is for the later generataion and a new improved rocket rods needs to be made for this generation to be creating its own memories. i think that done right the 1st time around there would be many bring back the rocket rods threads going around of course done right we wouldn't need to cause tomorrowland 98 done right would be the best thing around. my vote is that tomorrowland undergo another make over in 2013 once DCA starts to kick mega ***. them maybe we can see a larger space mountain with a walle attraction inside or a timekeeper 2.0. i hope that people would agree and would love to hear any and all comments!! so knock yours self out with either suggestions, reviews, advice, maybe even a good recomendation for a psychologist for when disney makes another foolish move like the years 98-01 and i totally snap! k have funn!!

• We Go On.

Re: Rocket Rods 2.0

If it were a peoplemover-type system using Rocket Rods vehicles with new technology, then yes.

• Fancy that...

eh...What about a new fantastic peoplemover that doesn't go as slow as it used to and looks like the new monorails just in small pod-like form?

• We Go On.

^Ooh...

Hey, with these we don't have to worry about windows!

• potterday.org

It's not physically possible to have a high-speed vehicle on the peoplemover track. The original Rocket Rods were literally tearing Tomorrowland apart. Anything done with that track will have to be slow speed.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Or like FNSV they gut the people mover track throw millions of dollars at it so it could support something faster then walk speed.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    It's not physically possible to have a high-speed vehicle on the peoplemover track. The original Rocket Rods were literally tearing Tomorrowland apart. Anything done with that track will have to be slow speed.
    Not true - they certainly weren't tearing Tomorrowland apart. They were just tearing themselves apart. If banked turns were built into the track, it'd be perfectly viable to have medium- or high-speed vehicles up there. It'd be expensive, but that's why we pay $60+ for admission.

• Sock Puppet

The only part that I didn't care for about the Rocket Rods (besides the fact that they were always breaking down) was the noise.

All day and night long, zoom, zoom, zoom... (well, again, IF they were running).

We were honored with our first ride walk-off on the R-R's and experienced three other delays/stops during its tenure there.

thanks for all your replies! i really would like to see that track redone so that it banks and reinforced to work with a high speed ride!!! give us some more thrill in tomorrowland sides SM. but the monorail pod idea was amazing!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboii View Post
    thanks for all your replies! i really would like to see that track redone so that it banks and reinforced to work with a high speed ride!!! give us some more thrill in tomorrowland sides SM. but the monorail pod idea was amazing!
    Thanks! It's supposed to look like the monorail because the original plans for Epcot called for a monorail for long range transportation and the peoplemover for short range transportation. So it just makes sence to give them similar looks, especialy when the new monorails are so prettty.

• Banned User

Um.............no.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I recommend decaf.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• potterday.org

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Not true - they certainly weren't tearing Tomorrowland apart. They were just tearing themselves apart. If banked turns were built into the track, it'd be perfectly viable to have medium- or high-speed vehicles up there. It'd be expensive, but that's why we pay $60+ for admission.
    What I had been told is that some of the buildings that the Rods passed through were showing visible signs of cracking, wear, and so on. Not that I saw them in person, just what I was told.

Doesn't really matter, there are dozens of logistical reasons why that ride never stood a chance.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    What I had been told is that some of the buildings that the Rods passed through were showing visible signs of cracking, wear, and so on. Not that I saw them in person, just what I was told.
    Interesting, I hadn't heard about that, though I suppose it makes sense. Further support for my position - the successor to these great attractions should have an intermediate sort of speed. Best of both worlds.

Doesn't really matter, there are dozens of logistical reasons why that ride never stood a chance.
    Aside from the speed-related damage to the track, vehicles, and (allegedly) the buildings, what else was so insanely problematic?

• Disney Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Aside from the speed-related damage to the track, vehicles, and (allegedly) the buildings, what else was so insanely problematic?
    Isn't that enough? How mant major problems does one ride need to have before it is too problematic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast