Page 101 of 139 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2075

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker III

No, I meant I knew they were making Disney Hotels, I was just in shock like REALLY that's what your looking forward to? Not Carsland or new red cars, or the finished DCA? etc.

• Captain Pineapple

Can I just say, I'm looking forward for all of it? Hotels included.

Personally, I think it'd be nice to stay at the AGW, simply for the fact that there's more food options than DtD. Some of the DtD restaurants are nicer, but they are all expensive. AGW at least has some cheaper alternatives while you are there.

Plus if they bring in hotels, AGW probably won't be as empty anymore.. store wise. More companies will want to bring in business due to its location.

But enough about AGW/Hotels.

I'm excited for the sun and the Mickey head... Another night of watching the mattercam...

Is scaffolding coming down from the Fun Wheel yet

• Established 2005

Okay. Did anyone else notice the same spray paint markings from the circle behind the loop actually ON the loop? Check it out. I just honestly don't get the point of the markings if they are simply painting over them. But if that's what they're doing to the marking behind the loop, could the loop receive some paint as well overnight? Looking at that close up, it could sure use it!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Okay. Did anyone else notice the same spray paint markings from the circle behind the loop actually ON the loop? Check it out. I just honestly don't get the point of the markings if they are simply painting over them. But if that's what they're doing to the marking behind the loop, could the loop receive some paint as well overnight? Looking at that close up, it could sure use it!
    There might be lights that are attached to the track as well as the circle behind it. Imagine the lights radiating out and then finishing on the loop track itself.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    I don't think those are markings I think they are pilot holes or are weakening those spots for the light fixtures.

The spots are from brown spray paint burn holes wouldnt look like that

• Done waiting!!

Its burn holes. They spent the early part of the week showering sparks all over the face at night.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Now 40% less bitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    The spots are from brown spray paint burn holes wouldnt look like that
    Remind me never to buy that spray paint.
    Oo-de-lally!

It seems odd that they are demoing the old retaining wall AFTER they built a new section of the retaining wall towards the west side. Does that mean that only the stonework is being removed leaving the existing wall, which they will then build up again?

Also, what are those square towers about 15 feet out from the retaining wall? Lighting? Fountains?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    It seems odd that they are demoing the old retaining wall AFTER they built a new section of the retaining wall towards the west side. Does that mean that only the stonework is being removed leaving the existing wall, which they will then build up again?

Also, what are those square towers about 15 feet out from the retaining wall? Lighting? Fountains?
    The small retaining wall is far from where the viewing area will actually seat people. I think that has nothing to do with the viewing area and has something to do with the control center for WoC.

From the concept art, it doesn't seem like the stonework is being removed, instead they are adding a wooden deck for the new tier.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    The small retaining wall is far from where the viewing area will actually seat people. I think that has nothing to do with the viewing area and has something to do with the control center for WoC.

From the concept art, it doesn't seem like the stonework is being removed, instead they are adding a wooden deck for the new tier.
    Just to be specific, this is the new retaining wall section I'm talking about (from darkbeer):

It looks like part of the large viewing area.

Anyhow, if they're just removing the stone work and then adding a wooden pier section out from there, that would make sense.

But what are the square squat tower sections? Are they related to the wood deck or are they towers for lights (ala Fantasmic)?

• Senior Minion

My guess is that they removed the top of the wall so they can rebuild it to the exact height they need and then pour a new slab on top to create the new edge of the bay. They needed to do this to have a new flat wall to attach the new boadwalk to so there would not be any gaps between the concrete and the new wood of the boardwalk. The new top of the wall will be designed to intgrate a new guardrail and to look nice for that small face of the wall that will be visible above the wood deck. Some smooth cut stone veneer on the walls with some stone pedastals around the stairways and things and nice decorative iron work would look really nice in that area. I would guess that's kind of what they'll do.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Are we sure that is an entirely new wall? It may just be the same concrete but with the rock work panels taken off.

Also, am I the only on that wishes that as a temporary modification they redid the tarps on Screamin' and added tiling to the roof over the station?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Are we sure that is an entirely new wall? It may just be the same concrete but with the rock work panels taken off.

Also, am I the only on that wishes that as a temporary modification they redid the tarps on Screamin' and added tiling to the roof over the station?
    Most of it is not a new wall. The only portion of new wall is that small (about 30' long) section which was replaced a few weeks ago because it had a semi-circular notch right there before for the old amphitheater. At the rest of the wall they cut the top of the wall off to the same height as the new section of wall that they had built a few weeks ago. Now as I said above, they will extend the wall back up to create a flat wall to attach the new boardwalk to and create nice face for that small part of the wall that will be visible right above the deck, which will probably be about 30" or so from the last concrete terrace to the boardwalk level.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney